The Queen of the South thread

It’s been turgid and embarrassing.
But not as embarrassing as supporting a tragic bumpkin outfit who are happy to shaft their own fans to accommodate a far-right, rabble-rousing, carpetbagging  scumbag like George Galloway.
As if  electing Alister Jack wasn’t embarrassing enough! 
Would be a real shame if the Nith burst its banks this winter.

Given the embarrassment suffered by QoS supporters today it takes some doing for a fan of another club to be the biggest state on this thread. Fair play.

It certainly looks like there has been at least one breach of the restrictions by either or both parties, but I get the impression the Queens board will see it as a bit of a ‘win’ for them if there hasn’t been.

I think the whole ‘fans haven’t been to a game since March but we’ll let a random man and his family in because he’s relatively famous’ bit completely lost on them.

That statement is astonishingly tone deaf and frankly pathetic.

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There is no administrative  region called The Borders,  it proper name is The Scottish Borders. Referring to Dumfries as a Border town has nothing to do with being associated with or being contained within the region properly called The Scottish Borders.  Carlisle for example calls itself The Border City on city limit signs (or used to the last time I was there)  yet is not in The Scottish Borders.  To be quite honest,  Dumfries being referred to as being in the Borders doesn't bother me in the slightest,  it's probably historically and geographically correct, I can differentiate between being a Border town from being in The Scottish Borders. Travel brochures often refer to places in Dumfries and Galloway as being in the borders,  even places further from the Border than Dumfries is,  that's a general,  maybe lazy,  term that can be applied to anywhere from Eyemouth to Stranraer. 

If you look at The area of the new South of Scotland Enterprise Covers you can clearly see the DG and Borders are one 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Surely he's not pumping sponsor money into the club to get his son signed? 

Wait til QoS figure out the 5 season tickets is the entirety of said money being pumped in.

I kid of course, at least 4 of those season tickets will be freebies.

Despite not being a fan, I have been purchasing to watch some matches to allow me to discuss the game with my QOS supporting pal.

But not one penny more.

Due to Covid I have not been able to see my dad for 6 months, I have not been able to see my mum for 11 months, yet this board think it's ok to play fast and loose with the Tier 4 lockdown rules.

The quicker there is an official complaint about this disgraceful behaviour the better.

14 minutes ago, 4RedCards said:

Who in the name of feck thought allowing George Galloway and his family to attend a fixture against Dundee FC was going to end well???

I cannot believe @PoliceScotland will not be getting involved.

Is there any point in any of us sticking to COVID-19 Protocols anymore ? I can think of many supporters, volunteers and disadvantaged who I would rather have seen given a chance to see “their” team in the flesh!!!

Yes. An incredibly childish reaction to suggest otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

It’s been turgid and embarrassing.

But not as embarrassing as supporting a tragic bumpkin outfit who are happy to shaft their own fans to accommodate a far-right, rabble-rousing, carpetbagging  scumbag like George Galloway.

As if  electing Alister Jack wasn’t embarrassing enough! 

Would be a real shame if the Nith burst its banks this winter.

A tad over the top.

"Sorry you're upset" - classic non-apology.
Has anyone posted something saying that we should all move on and get behind the club? There's usually something like that incoming around now.

At least this causes some diversion  from on-field issues !
Some football fans just love the opportunity to feel offended or left out.
Storm in a teacup as far as I am concerned.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
There is no region called The Borders,  it is The Scottish Borders. Referring to Dumfries as a Border town has nothing to do with being associated with or being contained within the region properly called The Scottish Borders.  Carlisle for example calls itself The Border City on city limit signs (or used to the last time I was there)  yet is not in The Scottish Borders.  To be quite honest,  Dumfries being referred to as being in the Borders doesn't bother me in the slightest,  it's probably historically and geographically correct, I can differentiate between being a Border town from being in The Scottish Borders. Travel brochures often refer to places in Dumfries and Galloway as being in the borders, that's a general term that can be applied to anywhere from Eyemouth to Stranraer. 

Pedantry or not, The Borders/The Scottish Borders are a totally different region to Dumfries and Galloway.

You're right with two out of three there as The Borders is not an administrative Region. 

1 minute ago, Adamski said:

"Sorry you're upset" - classic non-apology.

Has anyone posted something saying that we should all move on and get behind the club? There's usually something like that incoming around now.

knowing Galloway I'm sort of expecting him to sign up on here and start threatening everyone with legal action. 

sort of hope he does tbh, some laugh when he gets hit with a wave of garryoconnorpuffingouthischeeks.jpg

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't know about others, but I feel that my wider interest in football has waned a bit this year.  Without crowds, it just seems to matter less, but maybe that's just me.

This is an interesting point.  For myself, when there  was no football at all, earlier in the pandemic, it just felt like a case of waiting for it all to start up again and be just as interesting, at first anyway.  And there was all that fuss about who got relegated etc to keep up a familiar close-season level of engagement.  Then, when football came back with no crowds it was impossible for me to get as interested as I expected.  I tried watching on the laptop with and without fake crowd noise, settling on without it in the end but it just seems utterly pointless with nobody watching.  Honestly, what is football for if it's not for direct entertainment?

And if my interest, and that of others,  has atrophied along with the crowds, then the question is - is the whole crowd experience more important than the sport itself?  Is it that sense of mutual experience  that we crave as much as actually watching a match?

Added to that is the sense of impending ignominy that hangs over Queens at the moment,  with no apparent interest or urgency from players, management or the Board, and no communication either (as usual).  I fear for our attendance figures if we ever do get to be allowed in, especially in League 1....

5 hours ago, Mr X said:

I dont know about that side. Its not just ours, though, you hear it on all the tv and streamed games. Maybe they've been told just to operate the same as they would for any game?

Apparently part of the reason is to keep things as “normal” for the players as possible, to keep them in the mindset. A bit mental when the boy is screaming the goal scorer’s name or giving it the big congrats to a man of the match, but there you go.