The Queen of the South thread

Also just to remind the Queen's fans who their board are buttering up/ jumping into bed with. This is a man who got punters to hand over £10k for a by-election that never happened for a party that doesn't seem to exist.
I would hope that Queens take this as a warning shot and to of course let him be a fan and a sponsor but not to give him anything that the other fans don't get.
I think other than one poster on here every sensible QoS fan knows he's a cretin. Sadly, it appears he's in good company with our BoD.

I'm glad it's picking up some heat from elsewhere. Hopefully it will result in some of them walking.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right, this all looks pretty incredible.

Obviously, it's receiving such attention due to the identity of the individual concerned.

For me there are two questions:

a) Is this actually allowed?  Was admitting him to the match a breach of the rules?

b) If allowed, why was it done? Why so indiscrete?  why such a mealy mouthed statement?

Actually, it raises loads of questions.  Can anyone definitively answer the first one though?  It'll tell us whether the club have behaved very badly here, as opposed to unspeakably stupidly and extremely badly.

Just now, HMIP said:

Some hauf wit disliked my post.  Did they really think I was serious?

The only halfwit is our chairman Billy Hewitson.  

Inviting guests to a match when the region is in level 4 lockdown is the act of a mind cripple. He should step down immediately. 

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Right, this all looks pretty incredible.

Obviously, it's receiving such attention due to the identity of the individual concerned.

For me there are two questions:

a) Is this actually allowed?  Was admitting him to the match a breach of the rules?

b) If allowed, why was it done? Why so indiscrete?  why such a mealy mouthed statement?

Actually, it raises loads of questions.  Can anyone definitively answer the first one though?  It'll tell us whether the club have behaved very badly here, as opposed to unspeakably stupidly and extremely badly.

The thing I worry about is the ramifications of us breaching covid rules and the impact this particular chain of events will have on supporter numbers. I have saw many supporters state they will not be paying for ppv or attending games anymore and you have to worry about our ability to cope with 2 such scenarios

Just now, qos_75 said:

The only halfwit is our chairman Billy Hewitson.  

Inviting guests to a match when the region is in level 4 lockdown is the act of a mind cripple. He should step down immediately. 

Does Tier 4 apply to political messiahs?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think other than one poster on here every sensible QoS fan knows he's a cretin. Sadly, it appears he's in good company with our BoD.

I'm glad it's picking up some heat from elsewhere. Hopefully it will result in some of them walking.

As VT said he's got exactly what he wanted, drive up here, publicise that he's breaking the travel rules, go to a game, publicise that he's breaking the rules and boom he's in the press again. Tbh I'm waiting for him to turn it into a "Scotland was meant to be a friendly welcoming place and look how the treat me" piece. It's crazy that Queens thought they have the media knowledge to keep him in check he's cost your club reputation and most likely some cash. The Queen's fans have been good not deflecting the blame but your board are clearly hopeless and probably for the best if some were to move on.

Guest 4RedCards

Who in the name of feck thought allowing George Galloway and his family to attend a fixture against Dundee FC was going to end well???

I cannot believe @PoliceScotland will not be getting involved.

Is there any point in any of us sticking to COVID-19 Protocols anymore ? I can think of many supporters, volunteers and disadvantaged who I would rather have seen given a chance to see “their” team in the flesh!!!

No surprise to see Queen of the South rolling out the red carpet for a far-right extremist, British nationalist like Galloway. Despicable wee club.
Will enjoy their imminent relegation and liquidation. 
Fanny.
If that's me, then tbf I do think he's a cretin. I think I called him an insignificant bam earlier in this thread.
It wasn't you.

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

No, the stand is in the amber zone. The green zone is the stadium surrounds. Link to the full guidance from SFA below.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Ah, hadn't realised that. Shouldn't have been there then.

I've been lucky enough to be at a few Saints games this season as I've been reporting on them. I felt incredibly privilaged to be there as I could easily have done it from home, so there is absolutely no way a guest of the club should have been there yesterday. In terms of the rules, the identity of that guest is irrelevant although obviously the fact it's that twat makes it even harder to stomach.

Reminds me a few years ago telling an English guy at a Christmas party that George Galloway was nothing to do with Dumfries and Galloway, which has finally proven to be wrong. At least this incident should help him spread the club's name to his millions of followers...

6 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

No surprise to see Queen of the South rolling out the red carpet for a far-right extremist, British nationalist like Galloway. Despicable wee club.

Will enjoy their imminent relegation and liquidation. 

How's League One working out for you? I've missed your insightful contributions to the Championship threads.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, nomad said:
So you don't cross a border driving from Langholm to Penton and Carlisle? 

What on earth has that got to do with anything? The Borders and Dumfries and Galloway are two entirely different regions.

There is no administrative  region called The Borders,  it proper name is The Scottish Borders. Referring to Dumfries as a Border town has nothing to do with being associated with or being contained within the region properly called The Scottish Borders.  Carlisle for example calls itself The Border City on city limit signs (or used to the last time I was there)  yet is not in The Scottish Borders.  To be quite honest,  Dumfries being referred to as being in the Borders doesn't bother me in the slightest,  it's probably historically and geographically correct, I can differentiate between being a Border town from being in The Scottish Borders. Travel brochures often refer to places in Dumfries and Galloway as being in the borders,  even places further from the Border than Dumfries is,  that's a general,  maybe lazy,  term that can be applied to anywhere from Eyemouth to Stranraer. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

There is no region called The Borders,  it is The Scottish Borders. Referring to Dumfries as a Border town has nothing to do with being associated with or being contained within the region properly called The Scottish Borders.  Carlisle for example calls itself The Border City on city limit signs (or used to the last time I was there)  yet is not in The Scottish Borders.  To be quite honest,  Dumfries being referred to as being in the Borders doesn't bother me in the slightest,  it's probably historically and geographically correct, I can differentiate between being a Border town from being in The Scottish Borders. Travel brochures often refer to places in Dumfries and Galloway as being in the borders, that's a general term that can be applied to anywhere from Eyemouth to Stranraer. 
Pedantry or not, The Borders/The Scottish Borders are a totally different region to Dumfries and Galloway.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

How's League One working out for you? I've missed your insightful contributions to the Championship threads.

It’s been turgid and embarrassing.

But not as embarrassing as supporting a tragic bumpkin outfit who are happy to shaft their own fans to accommodate a far-right, rabble-rousing, carpetbagging  scumbag like George Galloway.

As if  electing Alister Jack wasn’t embarrassing enough! 

Would be a real shame if the Nith burst its banks this winter.

This can only go one way..... 

There are 3 directors, Hewitson, Paterson And Blount if all 3 Or who ever knew that GG was going to be there With his family during the Covid-19 pandemic then they all need to resign tonight.

Imagine walking into either one of these businessmen place of work Pharmacy, accountants or building firms With your family and saying it’s cool I we will sit in the corner and create a bubble.

Also how many of these men have taken the Furlough money, building grants and looked for help from the agency’s in Dumfries