The Queen of the South thread

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

slapping all these people in the face by letting George Galloway act the big man because he's purchased 5 season tickets and might sponsor the club in some shape or form.

I thought it was due to his son being on trial? 

Surely he's not pumping sponsor money into the club to get his son signed? 

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

That looks like it applies to the amber zone. Different people are allowed into the red and green zones and the stand will be in the latter category.

Would doubt invited guests or potential sponsors (and their families!) are allowed in the green zone though.

No, the stand is in the amber zone. The green zone is the stadium surrounds. Link to the full guidance from SFA below.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

5 minutes ago, Richie said:

This all suits George Galloway perfectly, he's absolutely desperate for attention and relevance.

He'll find some way to turn this into something political. I'm sure his travel to and from the game was essential though.

It's all to annoy "Scot Nats" apparently his Twitter page is an eclectic mix of Yoons hiding behind generic usernames and cartoon profile pictures and some Russia Today/Sputnik posts.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's a cop out. This is an occasion where all football fans should feel offended. Many, many supporters across the country are putting hundreds if not thousands into their club right now, whilst you are possibly breaching Covid guidelines and slapping all these people in the face by letting George Galloway act the big man because he's purchased 5 season tickets and might sponsor the club in some shape or form.

It's fucking disgraceful. And if the breach is correct, further evidence for the government to say Scottish football can't be trusted because the clubs can't even police themselves when there are no fans!

I suspect your view on this is more to do with the individual involved rather than from the Public Health perspective.

No, the stand is in the amber zone. The green zone is the stadium surrounds. Link to the full guidance from SFA below.
https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

This seems pretty clear. Unfortunately for QoS fans, I think they should be hammered for this. Their board seem to have made a right mess of this and deserve to have the book thrown at them, for a fairly significant and totally unnecessary breach, on the first day of a very well documented national lockdown scenario. No excuses for this.

Just now, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

I suspect your view on this is more to do with the individual involved rather than from the Public Health perspective.

It has nothing to do with the individual involved - it's the fact that it happened whilst others are paying through the nose just to support their team. Well done on not addressing any of the points I made.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

This seems pretty clear. Unfortunately for QoS fans, I think they should be hammered for this. Their board seem to have made a right mess of this and deserve to have the book thrown at them, for a fairly significant and totally unnecessary breach, on the first day of a very well documented national lockdown scenario. No excuses for this.

I think this is the first Covid breach in the Championship I could see the SPFL making an example of them, £15k fine with £12.5k deferred, something like that.