The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Does make a mockery out of the whole thing, doesn't it?

Yet we've got nobody really pressing for fans to return. It's clear that they can let people in if they're the 'right type' of fan. 

This isn't an anti-SNP thing, it's something that's taken hold over all of Britain. Why on earth people can't sit/stand, socially distanced and wearing masks, in open-air stadiums is just beyond me. Get the fans back in ASAP.

I'm not sure how a football club breaching a nationwide tier 4 lockdown within 24 hours of it being enacted for some clown mate - and his family! - to watch their match counts as an argument in favour of letting fans in under restrictions. What's to stop Queen of the South - or any other club - turning a blind eye to those rules as well? Maybe they'll pack the social club to the rafters and see can get away with that as well.

Football clubs just like any other industry need to earn the trust of authorities and this level of taking the piss does not help your cause.

Edited by vikingTON

5 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

How the hell Has this even been allowed to happen!!!! 

Never seen the announcement from the FM about being able to take family Members to football matches and create bubbles.......

Hewitson quick enough to take the 500k from the government Wonder who will foot the 10k bill from the police for breaking lockdown rules. 

#nofansmeansnofans 

What makes it even worse is that GG is a politician!!! 

:lol:

Absolutely shambolic. You are not alone though; we had kids running around our stadium during a game the other week and yesterday our bold club chaplain revealed he's only missed one game this season, because the travel was a bit too much for him. It should be players, coaches, physios and a couple of social media guys as a maximum; there is no need for directors, scouts, sponsors, spiritualists or dud politicians to be anywhere near a stadium. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Galloway has the ban hammer out. He blocked the Dundee Supporter's Association. :lol:

I'm the same. I was the first to retweet his picture from the game, which was obviously deserving of a block.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seen this on Twitter. Could the club end up in a bit of bother?

I hope there is a fine, tbh.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not sure how a football club breaching a nationwide tier 4 lockdown within 24 hours of it being enacted for some clown mate - and his family! - to watch their match counts as an argument in favour of letting fans in under restrictions. What's to stop Queen of the South - or any other club - turning a blind eye to those rules as well? Maybe they'll pack the social club to the rafters and see can get away with that as well.

Football clubs just like any other industry need to earn the trust of authorities and this level of taking the piss does not help your cause.

I guess my point is more that we, the fans, are being taken for utter fucking mugs - and we're just rolling over and taking it. Especially in the seaside leagues, you look at the grounds, you look at the average attendances they were previously getting, and there's just no logical reason why we can't allow for socially distanced crowds at the minute. Maybe they'll clamp down on Queens here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there've been lots of dodgy 'guests' attending games across Britain since lockdown started. As I say, if you're just one of the loyal punters then shut up, stay out and keep giving us your money. But a different story if you're a well-known face/you've got some extra money to pump in.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seen this on Twitter. Could the club end up in a bit of bother?

That looks like it applies to the amber zone. Different people are allowed into the red and green zones and the stand will be in the latter category.

Would doubt invited guests or potential sponsors (and their families!) are allowed in the green zone though.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

I guess my point is more that we, the fans, are being taken for utter fucking mugs - and we're just rolling over and taking it. Especially in the seaside leagues, you look at the grounds, you look at the average attendances they were previously getting, and there's just no logical reason why we can't allow for socially distanced crowds at the minute. Maybe they'll clamp down on Queens here, but I wouldn't be surprised if there've been lots of dodgy 'guests' attending games across Britain since lockdown started. As I say, if you're just one of the loyal punters then shut up, stay out and keep giving us your money. But a different story if you're a well-known face/you've got some extra money to pump in.

I certainly agree on the second class status that fans have - it's not usually stated with such open contempt as this evening's statement but Morton's board is not far off in its bungling, 'pay your money up for the streams and f**k off' attitude. 

That's the more important issue than having socially distanced crowds, which isn't even near the top of the current restrictions that need to be punted even if you could trust clubs to self-police effectively. This incident is inexplicable proof that you cannot even do that though.

27 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

17 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

How the hell Has this even been allowed to happen!!!!

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Genuinely one of the worst statements ever.

2 minutes ago, PearceDuff CF said:

The Board are now exactly like the team 

No  backbone at all .

I was the sole voice in this thread saying "it's no really a big deal" about Galloway getting in, but honest to god, how the f**k has that statement been allowed to go out? It's the worst possible fucking move they could have made. Acknowledging fans are pissed off, acknowledging the potential breach has happened, offering no explanation or consoling words at all. Just... awful. Just the worst possible PR. Inexplicable. Even the website guy must have thought "hawd on a minute, surely that's no it?".

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

@Skyline Drifter is waiting for all this to drift away. I appreciate it's likely nothing to do with him but wanted to shoehorn the pun in and have a go at the club in the same post.

Aye, he’s quick enough to jump on any other clubs thread, conspicuous by his absence here. 

Heads should roll for this though. I, like many fans, am paying £250 for what amounts to an amateur streaming service and in addition I contribute to other initiatives: lotto, player fund etc. The thought of anybody getting into a game in this league on a nudge, a wink and a handshake is pretty appalling.

Edited by Enigma