The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Some right weird opinions offered up to try and excuse Queen of the South and/or George Galloway here. 

It's utterly irrelevant how many season tickets he has or whether or not he's sponsored someone's jersey. Football matches should be attended by as few people as possible. When clubs in the division above are being hammered for not abiding by various Covid-related SPFL regulations, it's moronic for Queens to be inviting a punter along and equally moronic for him to be publicising and flaunting it. 

Equally moronic of him to accept an invitation in the current circumstances as well.  There certainly seems to be an abundance of people standing around football pitches when attendance should be limited to those absolutely necessary. I suppose they'll all claim to have legitimate reason to be there.  For example why are PA announcers necessary when crowds aren't there?

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Some right weird opinions offered up to try and excuse Queen of the South and/or George Galloway here. 

It's utterly irrelevant how many season tickets he has or whether or not he's sponsored someone's jersey. Football matches should be attended by as few people as possible. When clubs in the division above are being hammered for not abiding by various Covid-related SPFL regulations, it's moronic for Queens to be inviting a punter along and equally moronic for him to be publicising and flaunting it. 

All that needs to be said...

Astounding behaviour all round.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

On a completely unrelated note,  does anyone know who won the halftime draw yesterday.  If it was George Galloway I'll be fecking fizzing. 

Nobody for some reason the club didn't hold a draw they must have enough money 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

16 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Sorry I can't see anyone's opinion  on here excusing the behaviour of the club,  only GG giving the reason he was there. I think it's being made very clear on here that supporters think there can be no valid reason why he was invited. 

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

George started life as a Dee. He merely wanted to see oor Charlie strutting his stuff on the plastic pitch, you can hardly blame him. 

George has been a Dee, a dab, a Celtic fan and now a Queens fan in his lifetime. Welcome to the club. 

Thank you x

Working his way down to a suitable level. 

It's just occurred to me that this invitation is a masterstroke by our Board, taking the focus off how shite we are on the park. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a head-scratcher. I've no idea how he got a group of superior full time players in a league full of garbage part time players playing so well. 

There are plenty of managers who would either a) bottle winning the league as the only full-time team among part-time opposition (see McInally, J.) or b) scrape over the line in a largely unconvincing manner (see also McInally, J.) despite a yawning gulf in resources. Dunfermline even managed to finish 7th in a third tier with two full-time teams in it in 2014-15.

There's clearly a lot wrong with Johnston's management but to dismiss romping that season as to be expected is just wrong. Some managers know how best to exploit a gap in quality (Allan Moore is quite similar) but aren't equipped for the different challenge of getting the maximum from a limited side and not getting carved open. Johnston is in the wrong job at the wrong time but might be a good fit for Queen's Park or someone once their snake manager inevitably slithers out the back door again.

Edited by vikingTON

On a general point, there seems to be an ever increasing number of 'hangers on' at games. I've noticed the number of tweets from people actually at our home games and left scratching my head as to how they have wangled their way into attendance. None with the profile of George 'The Cat' Galloway right enough. Which must be even more jarring, you have my sympathies.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Working his way down to a suitable level. 

Naturally his 1st love was the biggest club. 

Galloway being there is no better or worse than agents/scouts etc being there. Shouldn’t have happened but hey-ho it did. I’m more fucked off with our wee Ginger Supreme leader’s handling off the whole pandemic and treatment of football than Georgeous George getting a sneaky in. The daft bugger should’ve just not posted he was there 😂

Naturally his 1st love was the biggest club. 

Galloway being there is no better or worse than agents/scouts etc being there. Shouldn’t have happened but hey-ho it did. I’m more fucked off with our wee Ginger Supreme leader’s handling off the whole pandemic and treatment of football than Georgeous George getting a sneaky in. The daft bugger should’ve just not posted he was there [emoji23]
I've no issue with scouts being at games. The game is still going and they have a job to do for January/next season. Unless there are more cameras at the games that we don't have access to, a scout can't really get a good look at a player unless he's there.

A Z list celebrity who has made a post about the club a few days ago has no business being there IMO. The fact he's justifying his attendance by acting the big shot only makes it even more galling.

50 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Equally moronic of him to accept an invitation in the current circumstances as well.  There certainly seems to be an abundance of people standing around football pitches when attendance should be limited to those absolutely necessary. I suppose they'll all claim to have legitimate reason to be there.  For example why are PA announcers necessary when crowds aren't there?

I believe its part of the safety license/rules that you need a PA announcer.

I assume its because there are still people in the ground who might need to be given safety instructions in the event of an emergency.

Edited by Mr X

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've no issue with scouts being at games. The game is still going and they have a job to do for January/next season. Unless there are more cameras at the games that we don't have access to, a scout can't really get a good look at a player unless he's there.

A Z list celebrity who has made a post about the club a few days ago has no business being there IMO. The fact he's justifying his attendance by acting the big shot only makes it even more galling.

The club’s will all have access to camera footage of the games in our league. No need for scouts and agents to be there in all honesty. In the height of a pandemic there’s no need for this ‘part of the game’ to be in attendance.  

Edited by Yenitit