The Queen of the South thread

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My enthusiasm for this season is well and truly gone. The board have clearly resigned themselves to relegation by not sacking AJ so I question why I'm bothering.

After we went behind today I just got on with building the wee one's toys from yesterday as it was obviously game over. I'm only paying for streams now as it's supporting the club in hard times. If we had crowds I think there's a very good I just wouldn't bother. And similarly, it's an attitude I never thought I would have.

I cleaned the oven and did a bit of house work instead.  That seemed to be a more appealing alternative

I bought a season ticket so the club are not  losing out, but Queens are tough to watch at the moment. The worst of it is, is that it seems to be the same old failings each week.  We are good to ship at least two goals in each game we play.

Any team due to play us will be rubbing their hands,  as we are a gimme at the moment. No heart and no fight (right through the team), which puts you on the back foot right from the start.

I suppose it now comes down to what's deemed acceptable for this season.  By that I mean it's a case of what the club can literally tolerate as a fate.

If we don't make managerial and several playing personnel changes in January, we're definitely getting relegated.  I wouldn't imagine that anybody in a position of power at the club fails to recognise that.

Given this season's unique circumstances, maybe that's a fate that the club can live with more readily, than one that would cost too much money to bring about, and carry no guarantees anyway.

Obviously, the current side is dreadful and needn't be this bad, even on a very tight budget.  We're here now though and the team is appalling.

Unappealing as it sounds, if the decision is simply that we need to put up with this and regroup later on in a different division, it's maybe not even the wrong one.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose it now comes down to what's deemed acceptable for this season.  By that I mean it's a case of what the club can literally tolerate as a fate.

Unappealing as it sounds, if the decision is simply that we need to put up with this and regroup later on in a different division, it's maybe not even the wrong one.

It must be this, as we should have parted company with AJ a month ago, if we wanted to try and salvage the season.

Having a shit manager and shit players is nothing new for anyone that has followed Queens for any great length of time.

It’s the silence and apparent disinterest of the board that is of real concern. Not to mention the deafening silence in a season that has so much that could be said about it.

I’ve not bought a PPV match since the Raith debacle. It’s a real shame as the production is fantastic, but I have so many things I’d rather do with my time than watch a disorganised rabble of supposed footballers make the same mistakes week on week. If the board can’t be arsed then I don’t see why I should.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were to “do a Brechin” and tumble down the leagues.

20 minutes ago, Rouky said:

Who do you think would be a step in the right direction as the next queens manager? i currently can't think of any who would want the job or be with in budget.

Someone who can coach a team and make them hard to beat. There's got to be people out their who can improve the players we have plus sign a couple of experienced defenders. Martin Canning had a good reputation at Hamilton for that. 

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If we don't make managerial and several playing personnel changes in January, we're definitely getting relegated.  I wouldn't imagine that anybody in a position of power at the club fails to recognise that.

Given this season's unique circumstances, maybe that's a fate that the club can live with more readily, than one that would cost too much money to bring about, and carry no guarantees anyway.

Obviously, the current side is dreadful and needn't be this bad, even on a very tight budget.  We're here now though and the team is appalling.

Yeah, as hard as it is to watch, we might have to accept that the financial side of things trumps the football this season

26 minutes ago, Rouky said:

Who do you think would be a step in the right direction as the next queens manager? i currently can't think of any who would want the job or be with in budget.

More than a new manager needed. And not trying to be hyper critical of board members. But from top to bottom, a re-evaluation needed. Belief, investment and more importantly credibility. Where is the five year plan? Where is any plan? If the club is being operated on a sustainable business platform then any business must have a plan. Or face going backwards. The club should have a PIP (performance improvement plan). What we have is the plucky amateur approach of it will be ok one day . Which is disappointing. Oh and going backwards. 

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, as hard as it is to watch, we might have to accept that the financial side of things trumps the football this season

Has the £500k grant been cancelled?

20 minutes ago, nomad said:

More than a new manager needed. And not trying to be hyper critical of board members. But from top to bottom, a re-evaluation needed. Belief, investment and more importantly credibility. Where is the five year plan? Where is any plan? If the club is being operated on a sustainable business platform then any business must have a plan. Or face going backwards. The club should have a PIP (performance improvement plan). What we have is the plucky amateur approach of it will be ok one day . Which is disappointing. Oh and going backwards. 

How do you know all that to be factual ?