The Queen of the South thread

51 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

How would you distinguish between payments from existing money and payments from the grant? Would you have to hold the grant in a separate bank account?

No, that would be ridiculous. Quite apart from anything else a lot of the High Street banks arent opening new business accounts at the moment. 

You dont need to distinguish it, just show that you had enough alternative opening funding or other income to cover non-qualifying expenditure.

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, that would be ridiculous. Quite apart from anything else a lot of the High Street banks arent opening new business accounts at the moment. 

You dont need to distinguish it, just show that you had enough alternative opening funding or other income to cover non-qualifying expenditure.

I figured it would be impractical which is why I asked, and I wasn't suggesting it, but to say it's "ridiculous" is a bit much: holding money from different sources in different accounts is standard practice in law, and I assume other professions, for reasons maybe not relevant here (AML, avoidance of providing regulated financial services, etc), but it does happen routinely.

Merely having to show we had sufficient existing funds or income is not as simple as it seems. As other posters have said, we might not have had those funds available for non-essential expenditure if the grant wasn't there to cover essential expenditure. Thus, if the funds are commingled, whether you view the essential or non-essential expenditure as covered by the grant portion is purely an exercise of imagination. Or would we have to return the grant funds unused if seen to engage in non-essential spending? 

Admittedly not the most interesting topic for a football forum.

Guest 4RedCards
18 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

£500,000 grant incoming?? 

Great for the Club, but how many businesses who have failed and folks made redundant for lack of a Public Bailout will be sickened? Just not right !!!

7 (seven) points and one win from 18 games this year which is the equivalent of half a normal season. Supposedly a full-time team as well.
Against the 6 other full-time teams we have played this season, we have scored 6 goals and conceded 21, picking up no points. 
Bottom of the league averaging 0.5 points per game. 
I wonder if the £500,000 the club is about to receive will actually help to keep Johnston in a job because the club isn’t losing any fans and the grant might provide additional funding for next season in L1?
Tbh, I’m not sure why I’m bothering as I have lost interest. The ICT game should have been the last straw.

41 minutes ago, Flash said:

7 (seven) points and one win from 18 games this year which is the equivalent of half a normal season. Supposedly a full-time team as well.
Against the 6 other full-time teams we have played this season, we have scored 6 goals and conceded 21, picking up no points. 
Bottom of the league averaging 0.5 points per game. 
I wonder if the £500,000 the club is about to receive will actually help to keep Johnston in a job because the club isn’t losing any fans and the grant might provide additional funding for next season in L1?
Tbh, I’m not sure why I’m bothering as I have lost interest. The ICT game should have been the last straw.

I can understand in a way why it would be s waste of money paying AJ off with no guarantee being any better with a new manager but now we must take that gamble it might not work but we have to do something .

Think the board seem to think come Jan. AJ will make some great signing to push us up the league that will not happen ..

Whilst I was not happy that Gary Naysmith was sacked, and particularly the way it appears to have happened, I can understand why action was taken, and momentarily  it worked. But in the medium to longer term did it? Okay we ended up staying in the Championship but 18 months on we are in a worse state than we were then. I fully expect the current management team to see out their contracts, although not so sure they'll actually be in the dug out and in charge for much longer. The Betfred game against St Mirren showed what the team can do against higher league opposition, sadly that's a thing of the past. The current management team couldn't motivate at any level. as has been proved at a few other clubs.