The Queen of the South thread

53 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's the thin end of something.

If you tolerate this etc.

It doesn't sit right with me, but I'm probably in a minority.

Nah I don't really see the justification for it really, virginton has been on the windup for years and AFAIK he's never been booted. 

I'm not even sure MessiScott was that big a troll, he made some comments about Queens poor summer recruitment, are you going to ban the poster who keeps posting about the QoTS defence being terrified of crosses, or when posters want AJ fired? 

3 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

If M got the bullet then GRANT228 could be next in the firing line. I have never got the "Being obsessed with another Clubs threads" but as long as it is reasonably inoffensive guess it does little harm.

I'm not obsessed with any clubs threads, I'd put the Dunfermline thread in with that aswell, I just go on PnB, have a look at some threads, and then post. If I wanted to be on a forum where all I read was Dunfermline related posts I'd go on a Dunfermline forum. 

I have never got the "So and so is obsessed with *insert team here* because he posts on our thread" If you don't like fans from other teams posting in other teams threads then PnB isn't for you. 

The best bit about PnB is having fans of other teams viewpoints.

14 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Nah I don't really see the justification for it really, virginton has been on the windup for years and AFAIK he's never been booted. 

I'm not even sure MessiScott was that big a troll, he made some comments about Queens poor summer recruitment, are you going to ban the poster who keeps posting about the QoTS defence being terrified of crosses, or when posters want AJ fired? 

I'm not obsessed with any clubs threads, I'd put the Dunfermline thread in with that aswell, I just go on PnB, have a look at some threads, and then post. If I wanted to be on a forum where all I read was Dunfermline related posts I'd go on a Dunfermline forum. 

I have never got the "So and so is obsessed with *insert team here* because he posts on our thread" If you don't like fans from other teams posting in other teams threads then PnB isn't for you. 

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see how that would be justified either.

Messi is clearly  at it a bit, enjoying some sport at our expense, but that's one of the chief purposes of this place.

I've no idea how that lands anyone a ban.  I'd have thought that required personal abuse, threatening behaviour or something like racism.  

It seems a bit ridiculous if it can happen for slagging off a football team.  I'm not sure how many posters will be left if that's going to earn a ban for everyone who does it.

That's a fair point. The only thing that was annoying was how repetitive it was. But I agree being annoying and not actually abusing or threatening anyone doesn't warrant a ban. It is easy to ignore but not so much after you've read the same noncense 10 times. 

If it was "some" posts I think folk wouldn't care. He's a "new" poster who spent the majority of his posts commenting on another sides signings. Bizarre behaviour at the very least. VT at least has a discussion even when he's on the wind-up.

Discussing the number of crosses we concede or whether or not AJ should be sacked are exactly the kind of things you'd expect to see being discussed in our club's thread given it's the major issues concerning us right now. Merely saying "the team isn't good enough" every single post is tedious nonsense that adds nothing to the thread. We had an apparent QoS poster banned a while back for posting similar shite all the time.

I'd say given your reaction he's been incredibly smart with it, never has anyone so effortlessly wound up a support as much as this. Fair enough you might find him annoying, but ultimately Calling Queens poor atm is hardly pointing anything new out.

You've mixed up smart with boring. The aforementioned VT has been smart with his windups, this guy just spouted the same nonsense all the time with nothing new or original. He effortlessly spammed the thread. I don't think any QoS fan had anything close to a Heads Gone with him tbh.

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If it was "some" posts I think folk wouldn't care. He's a "new" poster who spent the majority of his posts commenting on another sides signings. Bizarre behaviour at the very least. VT at least has a discussion even when he's on the wind-up.

Discussing the number of crosses we concede or whether or not AJ should be sacked are exactly the kind of things you'd expect to see being discussed in our club's thread given it's the major issues concerning us right now. Merely saying "the team isn't good enough" every single post is tedious nonsense that adds nothing to the thread. We had an apparent QoS poster banned a while back for posting similar shite all the time.

You've mixed up smart with boring. The aforementioned VT has been smart with his windups, this guy just spouted the same nonsense all the time with nothing new or original. He effortlessly spammed the thread. I don't think any QoS fan had anything close to a Heads Gone with him tbh.

Aye, I can't remember anyone having a heads gone with him, but then similarly I don't think he was saying anything massively contentious, AFAIK (and I definitely won't have as good a handle as regular visitors to this thread) during pre season he posted allot about how you're signings were bad, but that was during a time where there had been no football, and little new football discussions for almost 7 months, people all over went a bit overboard on transfer talk. Has it been as bad since the season resumed? 

Aye, I can't remember anyone having a heads gone with him, but then similarly I don't think he was saying anything massively contentious, AFAIK (and I definitely won't have as good a handle as regular visitors to this thread) during pre season he posted allot about how you're signings were bad, but that was during a time where there had been no football, and little new football discussions for almost 7 months, people all over went a bit overboard on transfer talk. Has it been as bad since the season resumed? 
He never said anything offensive and I suppose a warning of "give it a rest" might be more appropriate. I might be wrong but I'm sure that's what happened to the QoS equivalent poster Rusty before he was eventually emptied.

He's been as relentless since the season started. I can't be bothered digging out all his posts but even a quick look on his page shows 15 posts with 6 of them giving his usual routine on QoS matters. You'll notice no originality in any of the posts [emoji38] He's already back under a new name so lets hope he comes back with some decent patter.

If When we make an arse of it against Queens Park tonight, I would fully expect opposition fans to jump into our threads for a bit of a laugh at our expense.  That would be completely in the spirit of P&B and football fan culture generally.

It's completely different to repeatedly posting "Queens r shit lol" over multiple threads with no context behind it.

It would be equally annoying if they were posting "Queens are the greatest team to ever play the game" on every thread.  We're not a bunch of softies offended by the insults, it's the tedious, repetitive trolling that's the issue.

2 minutes ago, calcutta said:

Give Queens Park's relocation plans, after tonight I wonder when we will next see a QoS team play at the national stadium?

Forming a pipe band and playing at International matches might be the best bet on QoS playing there again. 

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Just pleasing to get a win. Well done to those involved.

Indeed. Before the season started, expected us to finish bottom of the group. If we had won the two shoot outs we lost, we’d have been in with a shout of qualifying.

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Indeed. Before the season started, expected us to finish bottom of the group. If we had won the two shoot outs we lost, we’d have been in with a shout of qualifying.

Should of been 3 points against St Mirren but hey ho... 

Glad we won that, against a side with probably more experience at championship level than us. After a pretty shaky first five ten mins, I thought we were decent. Pretty sound defensively, knocked the ball about well and a couple of cracking goals

Good to partially get the monkey off the back with a win, I'll be happier with one in the league though. We still looked dodgy at the back at times though were never in real danger after going ahead. I thought that was Nortey's worst defensive performance for us tonight but he looks like he has an idea what to do going forward. Buchanan's blame game is going to really infuriate me the longer the season goes on. At 2-1 up we played the ball around as well as we have all season, it begs the question why we treat the ball like a hot potato at 0-0. I've no issue with a slow build up, even if we are behind for that matter. What boils me is the hoofing it aimlessly forward. When we took the lead we showed we are capable of keeping the ball. Do that more often please. A couple of cracking finishes from Joseph and Maxwell (again). As comfortable a win as you're likely to see though which is a good thing and something I doubt we'll see often from us this season sadly.

Biggest negative? No subs used. This maybe annoyed me far more than it should have but at 3-1 I can't believe (I can) AJ never flung on 2 or 3 of the young lads. The game was meaningless even if QP somehow pulled it back. We were comfortable, give the young boys a run out in a game they could afford to make a mistake. If he isn't putting them on in a game like this I don't see what reason they serve being there.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good to partially get the monkey off the back with a win, I'll be happier with one in the league though. We still looked dodgy at the back at times though were never in real danger after going ahead. I thought that was Nortey's worst defensive performance for us tonight but he looks like he has an idea what to do going forward. Buchanan's blame game is going to really infuriate me the longer the season goes on. At 2-1 up we played the ball around as well as we have all season, it begs the question why we treat the ball like a hot potato at 0-0. I've no issue with a slow build up, even if we are behind for that matter. What boils me is the hoofing it aimlessly forward. When we took the lead we showed we are capable of keeping the ball. Do that more often please. A couple of cracking finishes from Joseph and Maxwell (again). As comfortable a win as you're likely to see though which is a good thing and something I doubt we'll see often from us this season sadly.

Biggest negative? No subs used. This maybe annoyed me far more than it should have but at 3-1 I can't believe (I can) AJ never flung on 2 or 3 of the young lads. The game was meaningless even if QP somehow pulled it back. We were comfortable, give the young boys a run out in a game they could afford to make a mistake. If he isn't putting them on in a game like this I don't see what reason they serve being there.

3-1 no subs used why have a local striker from Dumfries if you ain’t going to use him??? Saying that I see queens loaned a boy to Dalbeattie last week who got 10 mins game maybe these boys are all there to make the squad up and ensure hewitson gets the SFA funding