The Queen of the South thread

It would be a huge gamble to sack AJ  something our board will not do .

Queens just don't have the money to get rid.

What happens if the new manager is just as bad that is the gamble that the board will not take .

The board are being very cautious just now with all that is going on really just making sure there is still a football club at the end of all this .

Off topic the Alloa Chairman was saying that with no fans on Friday night  against Dundee it would cost them  £50,000  I thought that was a lot for only 1 home game 

2 hours ago, chapelxnomore said:
23 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:
Scotland were a disorganised and disinterested rabble under Alex McLeish. Under Steve Clark they are now a well drilled unit, playing for each other, in a system that gets the best out of them, and where each player knows what their job is.
The players are still mostly mediocre, but it shows the importance of good management and coaching.
Or you could draw on the literally thousands of other examples where replacing a shit manager with a good one has brought an upturn in fortunes.

Like when Johnston replaced MacPherson...

Yeah a bit like that.  In the same way McLeish was a good Scotland manager first time round as well, to carry on that example.

It doesn't hold much relevance to the present day though.

19 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Gavin Reilly just scored the winning pen for Carlisle in the F.A. Cup can  only dream of attracting players of that quality back at Queens .

Things must be grim if that's the dream. 

3 hours ago, Flash said:

Mods don’t have to give a reason. From the Forum Rules -
“Users may also be banned without notice or explanation from the team if we feel it is in the best interests of P&B.”

So in this instance the poster is fairly unfortunate that one of the mods is a QoTS fan? 

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

So in this instance the poster is fairly unfortunate that one of the mods is a QoTS fan? 

I have no idea. I was only suggesting that there is probably no point in asking. 

We should have a mix of full and part time players .
Raith do that it seems to be working for them.
The full time players they have train Monday and Friday through the day then a Tuesday and Thursday night with the part time players they have .
This we must be 100 % full time I just don't get especially now most players at our level are looking to go part time we could offer players both .
On the manager thing can we get any better than AJ who would want to manage a struggling Queens 

I think we’re down to just one part time player now, so arguably it’s a big hinderance that we’re training evenings because of him.

People are getting too wound up about this "Messi"  poster.  He's had more bites on here than someone that's been attacked by a swarm of midges. Put him on ignore or simply don't give him the pleasure of winding you up. The bar must be set quite low if he's been banned for taking the piss  out of Queens and their fans. Tbqh,  a few Queens fans are actually posting much the same as he is about the calibre of our signings,  our poor/non-existent win record,  etc,  it's just that he allegedly supports Raith Rovers not QoS. 

Guest TOPFITTER
33 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

People are getting too wound up about this "Messi"  poster.  He's had more bites on here than someone that's been attacked by a swarm of midges. Put him on ignore or simply don't give him the pleasure of winding you up. The bar must be set quite low if he's been banned for taking the piss  out of Queens and their fans. Tbqh,  a few Queens fans are actually posting much the same as he is about the calibre of our signings,  our poor/non-existent win record,  etc,  it's just that he allegedly supports Raith Rovers not QoS. 

If M got the bullet then GRANT228 could be next in the firing line. I have never got the "Being obsessed with another Clubs threads" but as long as it is reasonably inoffensive guess it does little harm.

5 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

No. 

If he was posting the same drivel on other teams forums then another mod would have kicked him out. 

I don't see how that would be justified either.

Messi is clearly  at it a bit, enjoying some sport at our expense, but that's one of the chief purposes of this place.

I've no idea how that lands anyone a ban.  I'd have thought that required personal abuse, threatening behaviour or something like racism.  

It seems a bit ridiculous if it can happen for slagging off a football team.  I'm not sure how many posters will be left if that's going to earn a ban for everyone who does it.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't see how that would be justified either.

Messi is clearly  at it a bit, enjoying some sport at our expense, but that's one of the chief purposes of this place.

I've no idea how that lands anyone a ban.  I'd have thought that required personal abuse, threatening behaviour or something like racism.  

It seems a bit ridiculous if it can happen for slagging off a football team.  I'm not sure how many posters will be left if that's going to earn a ban for everyone who does it.

It's the type of poster that puts others off visiting the site, I can well see why mods would choose to get rid.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

4 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It is, but if him being banned means 2 others stick around, then it's worthwhile. The forum is a business, at the end of the day.

That's the thin end of something.

If you tolerate this etc.

It doesn't sit right with me, but I'm probably in a minority.

He's a tedious troll with one line of material. If he was funny or clever with it I'd say it was a harsh ban. As it was he just spammed the place. I'm sure the Raith posters are just as happy to see him in time-out. Hopefully his reincarnation can be more imaginative but given his new name I'm doubtful.