The Queen of the South thread

It is seventeen - 14 league games and 3 in the Betfred.
Johnston holds the club record of 6 home league defeats in a row.
The club record of league games without a win is 19. 
The big question is whether or not there is enough room next to Dobbie and Houliston to carve AJ's face.

2 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Maybe the next home game v Alloa?

If AJ can get through that without a win, the record is very much in his sights. Only the trip to Morton looks like it might be a place to trip up. Other than that, it's plain sailing in to the record books.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He's got it in his sights.

When's that from, out of interest?

From 3 January to 12 August 1989.
18 of the games were in the First Division from 3 January to 13 May 1989 and the 19th was the first game at the start of the 1989/90 season in the Second Division.

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

From 3 January to 12 August 1989.
18 of the games were in the First Division from 3 January to 13 May 1989 and the 19th was the first game at the start of the 1989/90 season in the Second Division.

Ah, I wondered if it might have come during that legendary season.  I missed most of it as I was living elsewhere at the time.

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If AJ can get through that without a win, the record is very much in his sights. Only the trip to Morton looks like it might be a place to trip up. Other than that, it's plain sailing in to the record books.

Queens' decent record at Cappielow* and the fact that we're not up to much either makes this my tip for you to break the run. Arbroath will likely get their first league win of the season against us at Gayfield in a fortnight for much the same reasons.

Spoiler

We'll still deliver your routine, several goal swording at Palmerston later in the campaign though

image.png.5326af5ad9ce06482be610786fb70f39.png

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Apologies for butting in where none of our business but is the opposite of being a glory hunting b*****d?

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Hauftimedraw said:
Apologies for butting in where none of our business but is the opposite of being a glory hunting b*****d?

A silly b*****d.

You misspelt "legend" 8):unsure2::lol:

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Damn didn’t realise your run was quite so bad, when was your last win? Managers head must be on the block he’s probably glad there’s no fans in the stadium as he’d be in for a hostile reception.

Last win was on 28 December.
Not so sure about the hostile reception bit. Queens fans tend to just drift quietly away and stay away rather than indulge in protests. I can’t think of any manager who has had a hard time of it in the stadium.

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

Last win was on 28 December.
Not so sure about the hostile reception bit. Queens fans tend to just drift quietly away and stay away rather than indulge in protests. I can’t think of any manager who has had a hard time of it in the stadium.

True enough. We're don't tend to go in for mob demonstrations with ropes and pitchforks outside the ground but I think that's more to do with Queens' fans' mindset that we're not a big club which has a right to be successful,  it's not as if watching poor teams and struggling against relegation is uncommon. Apart from a few grumbling shouts from fans and moaning on sites like this,  we tend to,  by and large, accept what we're given, or as you say,  just drift away rarely to return. I suppose Johnston in his defence would say he's had to build two new squads in two seasons on a small budget and it was especially difficult this season being furloughed at a time when players should have been looked at. Is that a good enough reason to give him more time to try and get things sorted, only the BoD can answer that and they may be more concerned at this time with saving money and not splashing out on pay-offs. I suppose as the (shortened) season progresses they will have to stand up and decide if possible relegation will be worth saving cash against keeping on a struggling manager. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

There really isn’t a single argument that can be made for keeping him.

The only possible reason is that we simply can’t afford the outlay of paying him off and hiring someone else. But if finances really are so tight that makes it even more galling that a large chunk of our income is going into the pockets of Johnston and Clark. One a complete dud, the other a complete arsehole.

My interest in the club dwindles with every day they remain in charge.