The Queen of the South thread

Going forward we look alot better this season. Fitzpatrick has been a great addition and we have made other good additions such as Shields and Maxwell. Gibson if anything looks better than he was 5 years ago. East and McGrory have shown potential. Nortey looks tidy on the ball. Ferguson looks an upgrade on Stewart. We just need to iron out our defensive issues, but what we have is a young team with a sprinkling of experience looking to play attacking football. Naysmith set out not to lose and the football we played under him was beyond awful. Give this young team a chance! 

The trouble is we've been needing to iron out these defensive issues for 3 years. It was turgid under Naysmith but the reality is we aren't any better defensively under AJ.

We have looked better attacking this season in spells but it counts for nothing if we keep gifting sides 2 goal leads. I'm all for the Kevin Keegan approach of conceding 3 and scoring 4 but we aren't THAT good going forward unfortunately.

I still can't believe we aren't putting men on the posts to defend corners.

I have been saying this for months/years- it is absolute madness especially as most teams have players who look to avoid an aerial challenge in the box at all costs. They skulk around and deliberately move away from the ball so that they can’t catch a flying flailing elbow from a big CB. The only plausible job for these players is guarding the posts and being schooled to avoid handling the ball and conceding double whammy - penalty/red card. Yesterday Dunfermline did a clever decoy move at least three times and tricked us every time. The first goal came from this move and there was another decent chance shortly thereafter from an identical manoeuvre. We used to do a similar move involving Higgy, Dowie and Derek Lyle - that was when we could defend our box and be a threat at the other end.

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

But can you beat Brechin’s record...no wins and 4 points in a season? I will say that I think the ability to score and get closer that you’ve shown so far shows you aren’t as bad as it seems. One day soon you’ll hit the right team at the wrong time for them.

Don’t know what you’ve been smoking, clearly they’re going to struggle every week with that team

18 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Trying to order the pink NHS top for aged 4/5 years but can't find the option for that size. Is the top available in that size? And can I order it? If not then is the home and away top available in that size to order? Can't find the option for those either. 

Still having bother trying to order a top if anyone can help? Would be really appreciated as it's for a birthday present. 

37 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Still having bother trying to order a top if anyone can help? Would be really appreciated as it's for a birthday present. 

The Club Shop is open today and the office staffed. Phone, email or call in there instead of asking sales questions on a website perhaps?

The tops are available to order on the website in the sizes they are available in though. They don't come in "ages".

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Club Shop is open today and the office staffed. Phone, email or call in there instead of asking sales questions on a website perhaps?

The tops are available to order on the website in the sizes they are available in though. They don't come in "ages".

I phoned and there was no answer. I stay too far away to go into the shop, thought maybe I was missing something and seeing as some people on this website work within the club and regular posters have helped others with queries about the shop in the past I thought maybe someone would be polite* enough to help. Obviously that person isn't you*. 

I know they don't come in ages,  if I said a small then someone would have just said you can order a small on the online store! It was to make it obvious it was for a child and that I couldn't find an option for kids sizes on the online store. Jeez! 

ETA - if I want to ask a sales question about the club shop on a forum about the club, then I will wether you complain about it or not.

Edited by FrankReynolds

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

I phoned and there was no answer. I stay too far away to go into the shop, thought maybe I was missing something and seeing as some people on this website work within the club and regular posters have helped others with queries about the shop in the past I thought maybe someone would be polite* enough to help. Obviously that person isn't you*. 

I know they don't come in ages,  if I said a small then someone would have just said you can order a small on the online store! It was to make it obvious it was for a child and that I couldn't find an option for kids sizes on the online store. Jeez! 

ETA - if I want to ask a sales question about the club shop on a forum about the club, then I will wether you complain about it or not.

Well said FR  .

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Well said sir. Thought when I read it at lunchtime that it was a pretty poor response from someone in his position. 

The fan loving, helpful face of Queen of the South right there. 

Why are Queens wasting money testing for Covid when they don't have to .
The likes of Ayr don't test so why should we surely temps checks etc should be enough rather than expensive testing .

Are you for real? If we never tested then it's more than likely some of our players would have caught it after our coaching staff tested positive. They could have possibly then passed it on to opposition players.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are you for real? If we never tested then it's more than likely some of our players would have caught it after our coaching staff tested positive. They could have possibly then passed it on to opposition players.

I refuse to take advantage of that open goal.