The Queen of the South thread

26 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The Loans window ends in 3 days time surely we will see another couple of defenders coming in, If not its only free agents until the window opens again.... No way the team can continue with such limited choice in defence suspensions/injuries will catch up then what?........plus at the moment its a case of if your fit you play that's no hood either... 

We're away to Dunfermline on Saturday. I think you can probably safely say the loans window in practice ends on Friday.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We're away to Dunfermline on Saturday. I think you can probably safely say the loans window in practice ends on Friday.

In that case would expect to see a couple of signings announced today or tomorrow then.... 🙏

On 27/10/2020 at 17:49, SUPERSOUTH said:

At least 3 unfortunately.. We were warned by fans from other clubs regarding Buchanan, seems he likes to blame others alot.... 🤦‍♂️ The concerning thing is we only have the 2 CB's in the squad, if they are fit they play so no competition for places or even the possibility of playing three at the back..... 

That is the thing I have noticed about Buchanan he is quick to blame others rather than just do his job and defend  it seems it is never his fault when most of the time it is ..

It is very difficult just now but we must bring in at least one loan signing defender today not a boy but a experienced center half to push Ayo and Buchanan and to cover for suspension and injury .

1 hour ago, football maniac said:

Id like to see either Callum Semple or Liam Fontaine come in for cb. We are badly short in that area.

Yes the squad certainly needs additional defenders for sure only 2 CB 's in squad and a  LB that's it.... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Yes the squad certainly needs additional defenders for sure only 2 CB 's in squad and a  LB that's it.... 🤦‍♂️

Not long  now till the loan window is closed looking like we are not signing anyone .

Must be great to be a Queens defender play poor you will still start the next game .

We must be hoping to pick up a free agent if and when we need it or I sure Wullie Gibson will cover at centre back been everywhere else in defence 

On 28/10/2020 at 22:51, SUPERSOUTH said:

The Loans window ends in 3 days time surely we will see another couple of defenders coming in, If not its only free agents until the window opens again.... No way the team can continue with such limited choice in defence suspensions/injuries will catch up then what?........plus at the moment its a case of if your fit you play that's no good either... 

On 28/10/2020 at 23:19, Skyline Drifter said:

Very disappointed. It looks like no more signings then as loan window shuts unless we can interest free agents. Must be great to be one of the 3 Queens defenders at the moment cause if yer fit you'll play.... 🤦‍♂️ 

Absolutely reckless management to have ended up with a defence consisting of 2 CBs, an 18 year old left back, a RB who by his own admission prefers to play in midfield, and Wullie Gibson.

With no real midfield enforcers on the books either I fully expect scorelines like last week to be a regular occurrence.

You might as well relegate us now.

1 minute ago, palmy_cammy said:

Absolutely reckless management to have ended up with a defence consisting of 2 CBs, an 18 year old left back, a RB who by his own admission prefers to play in midfield, and Wullie Gibson.

With no real midfield enforcers on the books either I fully expect scorelines like last week to be a regular occurrence.

It is very difficult times but the squad we have now with only 3 defenders is not good enough to stay up .

I suppose the board want to play it safe and make sure Queens are still here next season.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Surely the money for Lyndon could have stretched for at least 1 more loan signing? Preferably a defender. 

That is disappointing if we have nobody else in defence. I’m all for caution but this squad is unbalanced. I still think Obileye and Buchanan look like a decent partnership overall based on all the games but I would be very worried if either was injured.

Can we get Semple in anyway if he has no club?!

That is disappointing if we have nobody else in defence. I’m all for caution but this squad is unbalanced. I still think Obileye and Buchanan look like a decent partnership overall based on all the games but I would be very worried if either was injured.

Can we get Semple in anyway if he has no club?!

Seems really a no brainer if we’re struggling to get anyone else. Give him a contract till jan, tell him if he proves himself it’ll get extended. Guess the difference is we know what he done his first 6 months, but he badly let everyone down for 6/7 months last year. If he’s not got a club yet, what an absolute waste, losing him under Naysmith was one of the reason our season fell on its arse.

A lot of the Motherwell young boys in the 1st team  squad today including Max Johnston  AJ son probably why we never got Devine back on loan .

Really amazed we never signed a defender on loan both Buchanan and Ayo had poor games last week but both have no pressure on them they must play every week  even at that what happens if either gets injured  we have nobody to step in not even a midfielder like say Wilson did last season 

On 28/10/2020 at 23:19, Skyline Drifter said:

What has that got to do with anything? Other clubs have announced loans signings today and they have a game today as well.