The Queen of the South thread

I love this man. He doesn’t deserve the sh*t he has to play with but he sticks in there and gives his all. He loves this club and knows what it’s all about. A rare breed in the modern game, when will we see another? His time is coming to an end, I just hope fans are there to give him the farewell he deserves. The thought of no fans for his potential last game is sickening. 

0F64FFDF-6FC5-4026-9430-4587CD347F4E.jpeg

I love this man. He doesn’t deserve the sh*t he has to play with but he sticks in there and gives his all. He loves this club and knows what it’s all about. A rare breed in the modern game, when will we see another? His time is coming to an end, I just hope fans are there to give him the farewell he deserves. The thought of no fans for his potential last game is sickening. 
0F64FFDF-6FC5-4026-9430-4587CD347F4E.jpeg.ed668db3e2d0c3a16a57d7727db3c470.jpeg

Honestly, watching that yesterday and I felt like we’ve absolutely wasted the last years of his career battling relegation. Playing with absolute gutter.

On yesterday, the defence were bad but midfield offered absolutely no protection, nor did they keep the ball as SD said McGrory was probably our best player when he came on. It’s the first game this season I’ve watched us a felt worried but I felt that coming yesterday. Need the management back and need a couple of decent loans in.

Wullie's done perfectly well at right back when he's been asked to. He struggled today on his wrong side in an unbalanced defence without a left sided player in it. He was also trying to manage at the same time which is far from ideal. We clearly need at least one more defender, preferably one who can cover left back and centre back.
I've just watched all the goals on the highlights there (didn't see all of them during the game) and whilst there are some defensive errors in there (most notably on the 4th which was an absolute howler of a goal with multiple faults and obviously Ayo's individual bad backpass for the 5th), I'd put three out of five down to the midfield not tracking runners. We need to play Pybus in there if he's fit. McCabe and McKee as a combination doesn't have enough defensive attitude. McGrory was probably our best player today when he came on but he's not defensive either.
I agree, I'd like to see Pybus and McCrory start in midfield next week.

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Wullie's done perfectly well at right back when he's been asked to. He struggled today on his wrong side in an unbalanced defence without a left sided player in it. He was also trying to manage at the same time which is far from ideal. We clearly need at least one more defender, preferably one who can cover left back and centre back.

I've just watched all the goals on the highlights there (didn't see all of them during the game) and whilst there are some defensive errors in there (most notably on the 4th which was an absolute howler of a goal with multiple faults and obviously Ayo's individual bad backpass for the 5th), I'd put three out of five down to the midfield not tracking runners. We need to play Pybus in there if he's fit. McCabe and McKee as a combination doesn't have enough defensive attitude. McGrory was probably our best player today when he came on but he's not defensive either.

Gibson struggled at left back is not much better at right back McPake in the Morton game did exactly the same as Armstrong  did yesterday .

Gibson might be able to do a job in midfield but that is it .

More of a worry is goalkeeper and centre backs 

Ferguson looked like he was half asleep no  cock ups but never really looked like he wanted to save any of the goals .

Ayo and Buchanan play them together at the back we will always lose goals .

Ayo might work in midfield but Buchanan now I see why many fans of other clubs don't rate him .Big week coming up must sign at least 2 defenders not young boys just to make up the numbers 

We always need to look at the positives in life folks ........ on the plus side, at least we're not waking up this morning as VVV Venlo fans (just lost 0-13 to Ajax)!

Dontcha' just know this post will come back to bite me later this season (or on Saturday, or at Tynecastle ....)  😏

After watching 5 games I'd rate the new signings from best to worst as follows:

Shields  -  works hard, can beat defenders and has goals in him. 

Maxwell  -  reminds me of Marshall, good going forward.

East  -  feel really sorry for the lad.  Puts in a great shift but totally isolated and fed scraps.

Ferguson  -  made some good saves, distribution questionable, on a hiding to nothing behind that defence.

McGrory  -  looks like our best set piece delivery option along with Dobbie.  Quite impressed with him tbh.

Obileye  -  an absolute unit who will win most aerial duels, clearly good on the ball but often too casual and lacking concentration.  Looks like he could easily be burned for pace.

Nortey  -  looks comfortable going forward, often posted missing defensively.  Clearly one of AJ's square peg for a round hole signings..

Gibson  -  difficult to judge given he's had to play totally out of position.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was used as a stand-in GK before the season's out.

Fitzpatrick  -  massively frustrating player to watch.  Tends to try and bulldoze his way through defenders which may work 1 in 10 times and never seems to have the ball fully under control.

Goss  -  not seen much of him but looks like he could be useful if he gets service.  Not sure he's at this level yet though.

McCabe  -  hasn't done much except take long throws.

Buchanan  -  shouts and points a lot but is as much a bombscare as the young Brownlie was.

McKee  -  a real disappointment given the glowing reference from Dumbarton fans - he's defnitely more of an Alan Martin than a Stephen Dobbie in that respect.  Losing his man at corners has cost us goals and his set piece delivery is mince.

Robinson  -  totally anonymous.  Not sure why we signed him given the other wing options we have.

4 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

East  -  feel really sorry for the lad.  Puts in a great shift but totally isolated and fed scraps.

Ferguson  -  made some good saves, distribution questionable, on a hiding to nothing behind that defence.

McGrory  -  looks like our best set piece delivery option along with Dobbie.  Quite impressed with him tbh.

Obileye  -  an absolute unit who will win most aerial duels, clearly good on the ball but often too casual and lacking concentration.  Looks like he could easily be burned for pace.

Nortey  -  looks comfortable going forward, often posted missing defensively.  Clearly one of AJ's square peg for a round hole signings..

Gibson  -  difficult to judge given he's had to play totally out of position.  Wouldn't be surprised if he was used as a stand-in GK before the season's out.

Fitzpatrick  -  massively frustrating player to watch.  Tends to try and bulldoze his way through defenders which may work 1 in 10 times and never seems to have the ball fully under control.

Goss  -  not seen much of him but looks like he could be useful if he gets service.  Not sure he's at this level yet though.

Buchanan  -  shouts and points a lot but is as much a bombscare as the young Brownlie was.

McKee  -  a real disappointment given the glowing reference from Dumbarton fans - he's defnitely more of an Alan Martin than a Stephen Dobbie in that respect.  Losing his man at corners has cost us goals and his set piece delivery is mince.

Robinson  -  totally anonymous.  Not sure why we signed him given the other wing options we have.

An overall fair summation I think.  Attitude-wise a couple of them look like they can't be bothered when we were always going to be in a position where we needed every player to put everything into it.  

2 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Whether we are in league 1 or championship i will just be happy to be around to watch Queens again, unfortunately they may be some who wont be.

Puts things in perspective.   Shankly was wrong.

I am sure Dobbie would like fans to be there when he retires but it is quite clear from his comments thus far that he would far rather people be safe.

22 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
23 hours ago, Soothmoother said:
I'm trying to see today's game, but apparently they can't validate my season ticket.  
I know the details I added are correct.
Any ideas?

Email them. They had my postcode wrong on system. They emailed through week about it.

Got it sorted out during the live stream.

Another home league defeat 6 in a row I am really struggling to get my head round why the manager has only 3 natural defenders in his squad its absolutely crazy.

Maybe AJ could share his reasoning behind this... 

Don't get me wrong it wasn't just the defenders to blame for yesterday's result.... 

8 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Just about right with your post but Ferguson needs to do more in goal  half asleep most of the time to give Leighfield a start .

Loan signing are a must this week we almost got him in Jan Berra at Hearts would help to  sort the defence out.

He is just coming back to full fitness needs games a half fit Berra would be better than what we have just now 

14 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Just about right with your post but Ferguson needs to do more in goal  half asleep most of the time to give Leighfield a start .

Loan signing are a must this week we almost got him in Jan Berra at Hearts would help to  sort the defence out.

He is just coming back to full fitness needs games a half fit Berra would be better than what we have just now 

No thanks to Berra. 

On 24/10/2020 at 22:58, Margaret Thatcher said:

I am actually quite looking forward to the seaside league next season. Play some new clubs. If Partick and Falkirk could both come up that'd be smashing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if cove rangers are up before either ourselves or Falkirk I’m afraid 

8 hours ago, third lanark said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if cove rangers are up before either ourselves or Falkirk I’m afraid 

Indeed. A season at the seaside doesn’t seem quite as leisurely, as it would have been a couple of seasons ago.

It will only become more difficult to navigate, as clubs with new found wealth start to climb the pyramid. 

19 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Indeed. A season at the seaside doesn’t seem quite as leisurely, as it would have been a couple of seasons ago.

It will only become more difficult to navigate, as clubs with new found wealth start to climb the pyramid. 

On budgets Ayr have a similar budget to us but have a far better squad that  will challenge for the Top 4 how are we that far behind Ayr .

We will again struggle to stay in the League

Ayr have attracted decent signing with the offer of 2 year deals why have we again got the whole squad out of contract again come May .

On budgets Ayr have a similar budget to us but have a far better squad that  will challenge for the Top 4 how are we that far behind Ayr .
We will again struggle to stay in the League
Ayr have attracted decent signing with the offer of 2 year deals why have we again got the whole squad out of contract again come May .

Ayr have a similar budget to ours !!! Source please ?