The Queen of the South thread

Thanks for your advice the streaming was 1st class good picture and great commentary team  
The game it was very poor on that form we will be lucky to win a game never mind stay up we have nothing can only hope we can find money to get some loan signings in.
Raith were not even that good we will come up against much better teams .
The defence and goalkeeper I take it they realise they are supposed to try and stop the other team score goals .
Wullie Gibson at left back never again l like Wullie as a player but not as a defender .

I’m taking this hard having to agree with Reverend IM Jolly but he’s correct. Wullie Gibson was a decent player, but he’s never a defender. We need a couple of loan defenders in ASAP.

26 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

THREE points from the last 42 says everything..... And they were all draws.. Completly different squad but seems same results are happening..... 

It is 3 points from the last 36. Still terrible, though.

Seems such a distant memory now, The last league Win.. Time the defenders had competition for places...  Remember Semple showing how much it ment when he scored.. 
_20201024_172436.JPG.da4e4165c958d6135d4ee8a6df84445e.JPG
And you can't even rely on us for three points any more. Troubling times indeed.

49 minutes ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

I am actually quite looking forward to the seaside league next season. Play some new clubs. If Partick and Falkirk could both come up that'd be smashing.

I reckon you’ll get your wish but I can’t share your enthusiasm - league one is awful.

Never thought I would agree with The Milk Snatcher in a million years but he/she has a point. We have had two seasons of desperately trying to avoid relegation and another one beckons. Thoroughly enjoyed our last sojourn in league one.  A refreshing change of venues and pre match boozers. We also played some fabulous fitba.  I realise you should always strive to participate at the highest level but sometimes you have to take one step back to take two forward.

Never thought I would agree with The Milk Snatcher in a million years but he/she has a point. We have had two seasons of desperately trying to avoid relegation and another one beckons. Thoroughly enjoyed our last sojourn in league one.  A refreshing change of venues and pre match boozers. We also played some fabulous fitba.  I realise you should always strive to participate at the highest level but sometimes you have to take one step back to take two forward.

1 minute ago, Jan mosniack said:

We were the only full time team in that division the last time we were down  and had a far better squad of players and better budget then.  It won't be so enjoyable the next time and might be a longer stay.  It might force us going part time. The boozers will be ok I suppose. 

BTW Messi Scott enjoy it while you can. Time after time newly promoted teams start the season on fire , it rarely endures. You were worthy winners today but very few defences will be as generous as us. I know several Rovers fans, mostly through Scotland games and they are all top guys. You on the other hand appear to be a total knob.

8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We were the only full time team in that division the last time we were down  and had a far better squad of players and better budget then.  It won't be so enjoyable the next time and might be a longer stay.  It might force us going part time. The boozers will be ok I suppose. 

Can’t disagree with any of that.

It’ll be shite.
It really is. I can't express how glad I am we've escaped it for at least a season. Its fucking rotten. The reason I enjoyed today's game was that even though we were in control Queens always came and attacked us.

In league 1, give got 6 or 7 clubs who sit in and defend. Aye, its a novelty going to a game where you're two foot away from the pitch but it's soul destroying when you're on your 4th visit to Forfar without a win. In 18/19 season we got more Cruciate injuries in Angus than we did wins and we had all 4 teams there. Teams sit in and try to defend anything while cloggers half any player of ability. I pity any cub ending up there.

4 hours ago, Sankasouthy said:

I’m taking this hard having to agree with Reverend IM Jolly but he’s correct. Wullie Gibson was a decent player, but he’s never a defender. We need a couple of loan defenders in ASAP.

Wullie's done perfectly well at right back when he's been asked to. He struggled today on his wrong side in an unbalanced defence without a left sided player in it. He was also trying to manage at the same time which is far from ideal. We clearly need at least one more defender, preferably one who can cover left back and centre back.

I've just watched all the goals on the highlights there (didn't see all of them during the game) and whilst there are some defensive errors in there (most notably on the 4th which was an absolute howler of a goal with multiple faults and obviously Ayo's individual bad backpass for the 5th), I'd put three out of five down to the midfield not tracking runners. We need to play Pybus in there if he's fit. McCabe and McKee as a combination doesn't have enough defensive attitude. McGrory was probably our best player today when he came on but he's not defensive either.

37 minutes ago, Jan mosniack said:

BTW Messi Scott enjoy it while you can. Time after time newly promoted teams start the season on fire , it rarely endures. You were worthy winners today but very few defences will be as generous as us. I know several Rovers fans, mostly through Scotland games and they are all top guys. You on the other hand appear to be a total knob.

I don't think he is actually a Rovers fan, just someone who seems to have an unhealthy obsession with QOS.

Edited by mrpaddyx

Reminds me of  the ****/Sevco/Whatever playing in the fourth tier.  That silky footballer Ian Black complained that his new contemporaries were cloggers. A quick check revealed that the previous season the player that had received the most cautions and committed the most fouls was er, Ian Black.