The Queen of the South thread

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Hey, we're on Pointless.
32 points.

I worry that we can only dream of that this season.

Indeed. Pretty surprised it was so high tbh.

Yes reassuring to learn that knowledge of our existence isn't all that niche.

27 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Number Of People Who Give AFuck Pointless GIF - NumberOfPeopleWhoGiveAFuck Fuck Pointless GIFs

Sorry MT this was too topical to resist.

:lol: Aye, fair enough.

I'm aware I'm being a bit of a dick here.  People are asking legitimate enough questions, while those with the relevant knowledge are answering them.

It's just so tedious to see there's been a load of posts on the Queens thread, to then discover most are in a language I don't speak. 

Probably my fault more than theirs.

27 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Missed it, what was the question ? 

It was a pretty easy one.

The category was answers with the word 'south' in them.

The clue was along the lines of 'Scottish football club who play at a stadium called Palmerston Park'.  The lads playing went for it and it scored 32. 

Guest 4RedCards
29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was a pretty easy one.

The category was answers with the word 'south' in them.

The clue was along the lines of 'Scottish football club who play at a stadium called Palmerston Park'.  The lads playing went for it and it scored 32. 

Guess the defending was non-existent again 😆

3 hours ago, 4RedCards said:

Guess the defending was non-existent again 😆

But how many were from crosses?

On a more relevant note, given the marginal forecast on Saturday, how does the surface cope with the rain and will strong SSW/SW winds cause any excitement?

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

On a more relevant note, given the marginal forecast on Saturday, how does the surface cope with the rain and will strong SSW/SW winds cause any excitement?

Not usually a problem.... we normally close the roof in conditions like that  🙄

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I feel our pitch actually plays better the wetter it is so that shouldn’t be a problem.

There have been plenty of games ruined by high winds in recent memory though. For some reason gale force winds and our brand of hoofball don’t mix.

Good tip for a firestick browser. Will check it out for this weekend.
My only advice when using it is to click on the screen near the bottom and bring up the bar to enlarge the picture. It doesn't bring up that bar (on mine anyway) by just scrolling the mouse over the top of it, you actually have to click.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:
How do you watch via Firestick ?

Have you got the Firefox app? It's just a web browser and you effectively do what you would do on a PC/Laptop except you have to use the Fire TV remote. Easy enough though.

Got the Firefox app have a Firestick and remote now what ? 

Easy enough if you have a clue what you are doing 

Go on the app and as I say it's just a search engine. Type in the address and it'll come up like it would a PC. Best fiddle about with it now so you know what to do come Saturday.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Go on the app and as I say it's just a search engine. Type in the address and it'll come up like it would a PC. Best fiddle about with it now so you know what to do come Saturday.

Thanks for that come Saturday I will have no problem I hope .

On that difficult game with no management team again not ideal thought we would have got a defender in on loan but it looks like Gibson will have to fill in at left back 

Testing the log in for the match on Saturday. Can someone tell me if I have done it OK? The instructions quote '. If you login and see the page for the Raith Rovers game and the message "Set up occurs on the morning of the day of the match" then you have successfully logged in and can follow the same process on match days to view the live streams

I am getting on screen after trying to log in Queens vs Raith Rovers Saturday 24 October at 3pm but getting message 'Stream begins around 2.30pm'