The Queen of the South thread

I can't believe we're seriously entertaining the laughable notion that whether Dobbie is any good as captain or not has the slightest relevance to our defending of set pieces. I think rjc has completely lost the plot here.

I didn’t say that Dobbie’s captaincy was responsible for our defending at set pieces and you made that statement because you didn’t like the tenor of my argument.

I know it’s very hard for you to believe that the only explanation for anybody holding a different view to your own is that it is laughable or that they must have “lost the plot”. I am making a perfectly reasonable observation. In any team sport there is a huge correlation between great on field leadership and a winning mentality. If you can find 4/5 captains in the same team so much the better. We haven’t won a single competitive match in 2020 and I don’t think we have had good on field leadership and organisation since Chris Higgins & Co were there.

I have made my point and you strongly disagree - let’s leave it that.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, nail on head.

Rjc is right in identifying a lack of leadership playing a part in our continually shambolic defending against crosses.  It therefore doesn't necessarily need a huge leap to relate this to the captaincy.

Captaincy and leadership are related, but not synonymous however.  The fact that so many seem unsure of their responsibilities also throws into question the leadership on offer all week, between matches.

I’m not convinced they are unsure of their responsibilities. Even pub teams practise defending corners. And the players must know who they are supposed to be marking. Johnston was in charge before and I don’t remember this being an issue even when we played the better teams.

Imo, and I could be wrong, on certain occasions they are choosing not to bother. I don’t know why that would be, though.

I am also not convinced that having a different type of captain would make any difference. I think if you have a bunch of players who don’t care or work hard enough, you could have Roy Keane in his prime in the team and it would make no difference to them. If players don’t have the right attitude to begin with, I don’t think there is any way to change it.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

I’m not convinced they are unsure of their responsibilities. Even pub teams practise defending corners. And the players must know who they are supposed to be marking. Johnston was in charge before and I don’t remember this being an issue even when we played the better teams.

Imo, and I could be wrong, on certain occasions they are choosing not to bother. I don’t know why that would be, though.

I am also not convinced that having a different type of captain would make any difference. I think if you have a bunch of players who don’t care or work hard enough, you could have Roy Keane in his prime in the team and it would make no difference to them. If players don’t have the right attitude to begin with, I don’t think there is any way to change it.

I’m sure we wouldn’t be losing as many goals because of players being lazy and losing their men if they thought they were going in to a locked dressing room with a prime Roy Keane. After that second goal on Saturday the changing room would have resembled a royal rumble. 

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

One question, SD. Do you know when we can expect a password reset option via that website. The “security”, as it currently sits, is a bit lacking. I’m also not clear if my login ability is portable or not, which would be a factor in purchasing again.

One question, SD. Do you know when we can expect a password reset option via that website. The “security”, as it currently sits, is a bit lacking. I’m also not clear if my login ability is portable or not, which would be a factor in purchasing again.
Mr X is yer man for those queries.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

No, and no. In fact I don't even understand the second question never mind know the answer. Mr X is the man for it but he won't be on here before evening.

It's the exact system Dunfermline are using so will be the same as theirs if that helps?

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, and no. In fact I don't even understand the second question never mind know the answer. Mr X is the man for it but he won't be on here before evening.

It's the exact system Dunfermline are using so will be the same as theirs if that helps?

Fair enough. @Mr X, wondering if you can clarify/if you know:

Using QoSTV:

1) When will a password reset option roll out?

2) Am I restricted to only viewing the stream on the device I purchased it on? I ask because it was purchased via a transaction on a PC, with the intention to log onto an iPad to watch it. Rather than view on the PC. (It would be disappointing if this was not possible)

Fair enough. [mention=1702]Mr X[/mention], wondering if you can clarify/if you know:
Using QoSTV:
2) Am I restricted to only viewing the stream on the device I purchased it on? I ask because it was purchased via a transaction on a PC, with the intention to log onto an iPad to watch it. Rather than view on the PC. (It would be disappointing if this was not possible)
The answer to 2) is No. I purchased the stream on my phone and have been watching via Firestick.

Fair enough. [mention=1702]Mr X[/mention], wondering if you can clarify/if you know:
Using QoSTV:
There already is a link to get a new password sent out

2 has already been answered. The only restrictions is you can't watch on 2 devices at the same time

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
26 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Using QoSTV:

The answer to 2) is No. I purchased the stream on my phone and have been watching via Firestick.

How do you watch via Firestick ?

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

There already is a link to get a new password sent out

2 has already been answered. The only restrictions is you can't watch on 2 devices at the same time

Understand, but I prefer to create my own, more complex, password. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Understand, but I prefer to create my own, more complex, password. Thanks.

Letting users set their own password is, how shall I put it, "under discussion"

To be honest, the extra security aspect is one thing but the system holds no info on you at all, other than your email address, so its about as low risk as you can get