The Queen of the South thread

Is there anything being done about fans watching games on a secret stream? Around 300 Thistle fans apparently watched the game last night on one which obviously means we've lost out on a bit of money, if that happens every home game then the amount we'll lose will fairly add up. 

You didn’t believe that clown on Facebook did you ?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

We deleted links from Facebook as soon as they appeared all night (can't speak for whether Thistle did the same). 

Worth remembering the owner of Partick was helping fans create a "corrupt to the core" flag, directed at the SPFL and clubs, to put in the stadium.

They likely would do themselves out of money out of pure spite.

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Is there anything being done about fans watching games on a secret stream? Around 300 Thistle fans apparently watched the game last night on one which obviously means we've lost out on a bit of money, if that happens every home game then the amount we'll lose will fairly add up. 

Losing money assumes the people who watched the free stream would have paid if they hadn’t found it. I very much doubt if they would.

On 14/10/2020 at 10:20, Northfield 53 said:

He was there to miss it is that a good thing either way we don't win the game .

Massive step up for Goss early days but is it better for him and us  to get experience and more game time at say Annan then come back to us in the New Year .My worry is we have players like Goss who have no experience of the Championship time will tell but if only we could get say another 2  experienced players in loan it could make all the difference  but I realise very difficult just now with no crowds .

How are players supposed to get experience of the Championship then?

On 14/10/2020 at 17:33, Skyline Drifter said:

Such as?

If Sky tv can't stop illegal streams of their games there's not much Queen of the South can do about it unfortunately. We deleted links from Facebook as soon as they appeared all night (can't speak for whether Thistle did the same). The Thistle fans will be costing their own club money too though I'd be fairly sceptical about the claim that 300 of them watched an illegal stream.

No idea, that's why I asked. I thought maybe with it being a different streaming platform to the likes of the English Premier league then something could be done to prevent that from happening but I suppose if it's on the internet then there's always going to be a way to stream it illegally. 

On 14/10/2020 at 18:27, Steeplechat said:

You didn’t believe that clown on Facebook did you ?

Yep I did. I don't see why 300 is a skeptical number. It was through one of their Fb pages, one of which has thousands of followers so 300 isn't a silly number. 

On 14/10/2020 at 18:53, Flash said:

Losing money assumes the people who watched the free stream would have paid if they hadn’t found it. I very much doubt if they would.

Good point. I suppose if any fans are going to do that when they play us then it will be Thistle. 

3 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are Queens testing  for Covid every week.?

Thought Championship clubs did not have to test players why go to all that expense when you don't have to .

Yes they are testing once a week. 

42 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Are Queens testing  for Covid every week.?

Thought Championship clubs did not have to test players why go to all that expense when you don't have to .

Probably so they can catch any possible positive cases to protect their employees and those they come into contact with.

Presumably Johnson can watch the live stream and give his pearls of wisdom to one of the subs sitting in the stand and/or talk to the players at HT by Skype?

Queens need 100 people to subscribe to the club match day programme for it to go ahead this year. You will be supporting the club whilst getting the programme delivered to your door in time for the games and get a great read on the Queens. If they go ahead with limited numbers these programmes could be very collectible in the future. Sign up today as a decision will have to be made very soon. Link below...

https://store.qosfc.com/programme-subscription-2021

1 hour ago, Benji said:

2 down, 2 corners. How? How can we change the whole team and still be shite at defending set pieces?

Can't give teams 2 goals of a start and expect to get something from the game .

Maxwell had shown his inexperience he will learn but at our cost .

This is our problem players with no experience asking a lot to expect them to play in the Championship going to be a very hard season .

2 down, 2 corners. How? How can we change the whole team and still be shite at defending set pieces?
I'd like to say it's AJ's fault but we were as shit under GN. It's almost impossible to be so shit at crosses for so long with so many different players.
Can't give teams 2 goals of a start and expect to get something from the game .
This is our problem players with no experience asking a lot to expect them to play in the Championship going to be a very hard season .

Can you share the conclusive footage he dived please? I've yet to see it. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

You got some agenda against Maxwell?