The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, Messi Scott said:

I wouldn’t be getting too ahead of yourself QoS fans, you’ll be down in the seaside league next year. Partick were a man down for most of the game and you still didn’t cause them any trouble 😂

Get some new material, it’s getting boring now.

5 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

I wouldn’t be getting too ahead of yourself QoS fans, you’ll be down in the seaside league next year. Partick were a man down for most of the game and you still didn’t cause them any trouble 😂

And your lot conceded a hat trick to Craig Wighton.

QuickSevereCat-small.gif.88324759ddf221fd5750a4f8dc575718.gif

8 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

And your lot conceded a hat trick to Craig Wighton.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=bd729091e51e729aQuickSevereCat-small.gif.88324759ddf221fd5750a4f8dc575718.gif

Against Hearts, a team that’s going to storm the league this season. You drew against a team a division below who were a man down for the majority of the match. 

21 minutes ago, Messi Scott said:

Red dot for calling us Partick.

Again more positive about than negative. Disappointing not to win, but we made five changes and 2/3 were young boys. Folk can say what they want about ten men but when they have the quality they do coming off the bench it’s just as hard to break them down. Ferguson had a few cracking saves but so did their keeper and Goss has to score near end.

Ferguson looks an excellent signing, Nortei started off slowly but once he got to grips with it he done absolutely fine actually thought everytime he wanted to break forward Robinson was in the way. Like said above Buchanan and ayo look to be building a good partnership, and Maxwell is going to have a very decent career.

Midfield I thought Rhys mccabe was good, when he got on ball and generally dictated our play were the times we looked to do anything, he had 10/15 mins where he fell out of it and we seemed to as well, great deliveries as well. Mcgrory got stronger as game went on, built like a stick but can ping a pass and didn’t hide. Joseph done okay as did Fitzpatrick. Robinson poor for me though, just didn’t get involved.

Shields busy upfront again, but I think I prefer his threat from right hand side. Goss has to score right at the death

47 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Again more positive about than negative. Disappointing not to win, but we made five changes and 2/3 were young boys. Folk can say what they want about ten men but when they have the quality they do coming off the bench it’s just as hard to break them down. Ferguson had a few cracking saves but so did their keeper and Goss has to score near end.

Ferguson looks an excellent signing, Nortei started off slowly but once he got to grips with it he done absolutely fine actually thought everytime he wanted to break forward Robinson was in the way. Like said above Buchanan and ayo look to be building a good partnership, and Maxwell is going to have a very decent career.

Midfield I thought Rhys mccabe was good, when he got on ball and generally dictated our play were the times we looked to do anything, he had 10/15 mins where he fell out of it and we seemed to as well, great deliveries as well. Mcgrory got stronger as game went on, built like a stick but can ping a pass and didn’t hide. Joseph done okay as did Fitzpatrick. Robinson poor for me though, just didn’t get involved.

Shields busy upfront again, but I think I prefer his threat from right hand side. Goss has to score right at the death

Horrible to say but what a miss from Goss... honestly thought he could do a job for queens but after these 3 games it looks like the manager doesn’t rate him 

15 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Horrible to say but what a miss from Goss... honestly thought he could do a job for queens but after these 3 games it looks like the manager doesn’t rate him 

Massive step up for Tommy Goss going from Abbey Vale to a Championship side maybe a loan option into a lower league team to start would benifit him and Queens. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

4 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Goss has only made,  what?,  2 sub appearances in this group and your saying already that the Manager doesn't rate him. It's a bit early to be writing anybody off surely. He's hardly going to be first choice striker anyway but will be a useful squad player I'd imagine. He had two good chances tonight,  the second he should certainly have done better with,  but I doubt if the Manager will write him off just because of that. 

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Goss has only made,  what?,  2 sub appearances in this group and your saying already that the Manager doesn't rate him. It's a bit early to be writing anybody off surely. He's hardly going to be first choice striker anyway but will be a useful squad player I'd imagine. He had two good chances tonight,  the second he should certainly have done better with,  but I doubt if the Manager will write him off just because of that. 

Sorry didn’t he play last season with the reserves?? Think the boy probably has his level in the south... hope I am wrong 

1 minute ago, oldbeforetime said:

Sorry didn’t he play last season with the reserves?? Think the boy probably has his level in the south... hope I am wrong 

Yes Wullie Gibson brought him in to the reserve team set up late on before the season ended early. 

16 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Agreed. The season hasn’t started in earnest yet. It is a huge step up for the lad and he will take time to find his feet.

However, I am all  for giving him some time to do so. 

2 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

He joined the reserves in January, after which we played 5 games before lockdown. He wasn't eligible for selection for the 1st team last season.

I've no idea if he is capable of making the step up to the SPFL or not but I don't think two sub appearances, one of 8 mins on Saturday against a Premiership side, and 18 mins tonight are the proof of it. Nor do I think the manager using him off the bench in two out of three opportunities is an indication the manager has decided he doesn't rate him. He should have won the game for us tonight to be fair to him. It's a bad miss but he was there to miss it.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He joined the reserves in January, after which we played 5 games before lockdown. He wasn't eligible for selection for the 1st team last season.

I've no idea if he is capable of making the step up to the SPFL or not but I don't think two sub appearances, one of 8 mins on Saturday against a Premiership side, and 18 mins tonight are the proof of it. Nor do I think the manager using him off the bench in two out of three opportunities is an indication the manager has decided he doesn't rate him. He should have won the game for us tonight to be fair to him. It's a bad miss but he was there to miss it.

Totally agree!! My only concern is the fact  he has had 26mins in 270 mins available and that miss was as bad as u will see in Scottish football.

anyway I love the fact we are looking at local people

9 minutes ago, oldbeforetime said:

Totally agree!! My only concern is the fact  he has had 26mins in 270 mins available and that miss was as bad as u will see in Scottish football.

anyway I love the fact we are looking at local people

In fairness, even the best strikers in the world can miss a sitter. 

Edited by qos_75

I have really enjoyed being able to follow the team with PPV streaming. I think it's absolutely fantastic set up. Commentary is good, graphics are all what I would want and action replays as well. I can only imagine the amount of work that went in and I think I speak for most people when I say thank you to all those involved in the set up.

I'd like to echo the "will we find out viewing figures" comments. It would be interesting to see if there is in fact more fans watching the stream than actually turn up to games.

The team looks decent and I'm fairly happy and not seeing any issues. Shields, Fitz and Ayo look very good signing and the other night I was impressed with East. Ferguson in goals looks another good wee find despite goals being conceded. He seems comfortable ball at feet and I seen good command of his box.

All in all the season has been not too bad so far.

I’m not 100% sure how we have managed to get Ayo, he looks a very good player at this level. Good in the air, rarely seems to be caught out of position and for a centre back looks outstanding with the ball at his feet. 

The only negative player performance wise  last night for me would be how little Harry Robinson showed before being hooked about 25 minutes too late. Hope he can turn it round but so far it looks like he will struggle at this level. 

9 hours ago, Messi Scott said:

Did you watch the game? If so, why if you’re die hard Rovers man. 

if you didn’t watch it, how do you know we didn’t cause them any trouble? 

I smell sh*te