The Queen of the South thread

Not really worth gloating about considering we’ve either drawn or been skudded at Palmerston for what feels like forever.
You're going to beat us down here this season and have no fans in the ground to see it. Absolute stick on.

You're going to beat us down here this season and have no fans in the ground to see it. Absolute stick on.

I’d say if we were ever going to do it it was last season when you lot had fallen off a cliff.

There’s a real chance no Ayr fans could see Dario Zanatta or Tom Walsh ever play for us so one of them to score a winner in an empty ground seems likely.

A decent article on Nortey from a few years ago. Says he prefers to pay centre mid, though the OS obviously says he's been signed to play right back

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/21234/a-battle-against-adversity-the-nlp-meets-nortei-nortey/

I like that most of the squad aren't the usual players from the championship merry-go-round. 

Calvin McGrory

Another midfielder. Is that really what we need?

Sadly I think this all but confirms what I feared early on that AJ is going to go with the same awful set up from last season and crowd the midfield* A whole lot of Dobbie isolated incoming.

* I know some will come on and say he played with two playing off Dobbie, but the idea and the reality were two entirely different things.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was Nortei the one who played RB at Airdrie btw? If so, pleased enough with that as he looked ok.

Nope different player Nortei played v Dalb on Friday night. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Sadly I think this all but confirms what I feared early on that AJ is going to go with the same awful set up from last season and crowding the midfield* A whole lot of Dobbie isolated incoming.

* I know some will come on and say he played with two playing off Dobbie, but the idea and the reality were two entirely different things.

We've been set up very attacking in all the friendlies though Dobbie hasn't played with the "first team" yet.

18 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was Nortei the one who played RB at Airdrie btw? If so, pleased enough with that as he looked ok.

No, different player. Nortei played against Dalbeattie on Friday though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

A decent article on Nortey from a few years ago. Says he prefers to pay centre mid, though the OS obviously says he's been signed to play right back

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/21234/a-battle-against-adversity-the-nlp-meets-nortei-nortey/

I like that most of the squad aren't the usual players from the championship merry-go-round. 

That last sentence is very reminiscent of what Falkirk fans were saying a couple of seasons ago. How did that turn out again?

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That last sentence is very reminiscent of what Falkirk fans were saying a couple of seasons ago. How did that turn out again?

I'm not really sure it's true either. Clearly Ayo and Nortei are left field a bit (though not really any more so than Dan Pybus was last year and he did ok). The rest of them are all domestic signings albeit the likes of Maxwell, McKechnie, Joseph, are pretty young and have limited first team experience at any level.

McCabe, McKee, Buchanan, Gibson, Ferguson are all players with plenty of experience at this or similar level. East and McGrory have a fair bit for their ages a level or two down. Fitzpatrick has plenty of experience for a teenager.

Edited by Skyline Drifter