The Queen of the South thread

2 hours ago, Mr X said:
2 hours ago, TxRover said:
Just perused the highlights and closed them in frustration after a few minutes. The AI ball tracker seems frustratingly prone to slicing the action you want to see when it gets to the far reaches of the pitch. Several times a player was deep toward the near corner but the tracking of the ball meant that the right edge of the screen was about the edge of the goal area, cutting off seeing who was trucking in for a cross. Until the AI can weight the camera view to encompass more off the ball action in those circumstances it will never do a decent job of replacing an experienced camera operator. Maybe a two camera head setup would address that, but I suspect the processing necessary to make that work would be cost prohibitive, until then a person running the camera is a much better choice.

The pixellot "camera" has four actual cameras that move independently. Actually, coikd even be five

It’s actually four fixed cameras that cover the whole field. As shown above, the whole four lens input is stitched into a single whole pitch feed that is all recorded. This allows retrospective viewing of any portion of the pitch to view incidents, movements, etc. what isn’t clear from their materials is how much you can zoom in on any given area before the video resolution degrades to an unacceptable level. The AI is trained via input to define the pitch boundaries, and then follows the “ball” within that defined structure during play broadcast.

It’s actually four fixed cameras that cover the whole field. As shown above, the whole four lens input is stitched into a single whole pitch feed that is all recorded. This allows retrospective viewing of any portion of the pitch to view incidents, movements, etc. what isn’t clear from their materials is how much you can zoom in on any given area before the video resolution degrades to an unacceptable level. The AI is trained via input to define the pitch boundaries, and then follows the “ball” within that defined structure during play broadcast.
So it is. I thought they moved while filming but I guess they must move in order to cover the pitch and then be fixed after setup

3 hours ago, Mr X said:
3 hours ago, TxRover said:

So it is. I thought they moved while filming but I guess they must move in order to cover the pitch and then be fixed after setup

As I understand it, the cameras in the head are fixed, period. The location of the mounting location is driven by the geometry of the coverage. From their promotional materials, the system seems capable of covering about 140-150 yards of “field” on the near side from a location above the average stand. They advertise from volleyball to football (American and real) sized pitch coverage, so I’m not sure if they have a smaller unit for the smaller playing surfaces.

3 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I believe this is something to do with their Pixellot Prime product but we basically get the automatic camera only.

That’s an excellent example of what the system brings for the coaches...if Championship clubs get that access. If they do, a dedicated media producer would be a priority addition to the team, if they don’t already have one capable of using this system. The ability to see the whole field and focus anywhere on it while action is at the other end allows much more in depth coaching and a focus on correcting positioning errors.

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

As I understand it, the cameras in the head are fixed, period. The location of the mounting location is driven by the geometry of the coverage. From their promotional materials, the system seems capable of covering about 140-150 yards of “field” on the near side from a location above the average stand. They advertise from volleyball to football (American and real) sized pitch coverage, so I’m not sure if they have a smaller unit for the smaller playing surfaces.

That’s an excellent example of what the system brings for the coaches...if Championship clubs get that access. If they do, a dedicated media producer would be a priority addition to the team, if they don’t already have one capable of using this system. The ability to see the whole field and focus anywhere on it while action is at the other end allows much more in depth coaching and a focus on correcting positioning errors.

Aye, clubs have adverts out already for Media Producers. 

20 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
50 minutes ago, Mr X said:
There an update on streaming on the website now.

Funnily enough, no mention of recruiting a media producer
ETA link - https://www.qosfc.com/news-5238

Least it's pixalot shite

I hope you missed the NOT from your post?

55 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Is the identity of our Championship "sharing partner"  confidential?  

Don't no why we didn't just name the other club why did we bother getting that new camera system fitted if we are not using it I take it we are not paying for it .

10 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Don't no why we didn't just name the other club why did we bother getting that new camera system fitted if we are not using it I take it we are not paying for it .

I heard we spent all of the Lyndon Dykes money on it. It's a status symbol.

20 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

All the information in that article and THATS what you pick out. You have a gift

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I heard we spent all of the Lyndon Dykes money on it. It's a status symbol.

The Dykes money barely scratched the surface.

parks and recreation money GIF by HULU

I'll take photos of the camera tonight. It is after all the real star

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

All of it and then some. We're planning on playing the camera system at right back when it's not to busy filming. It's multi talented.

The tracks will be bothersome on the pitch...will the media producer be pushing the camera?