The Queen of the South thread

A friendly result means nothing even the performance it is all about getting match fit especially after such a long time away.
Our problem is that it is a new team that will take time to gel together there won't be a team anywhere that will start with at least 9 new signing many more on the bench .

Of course the performance matters. The result doesn't mean anything but if it was all about fitness and not the performance, the manager would just have them running up Criffel. The whole point of friendlies is so the manager can tinker and find a system that suits the players. As I said earlier, I'd have no issue if AJ treats the LC games as friendlies for that reason.

Just watched the goal there. For me, Ayo is as much to blame as Buchanan IMO. The guy runs in behind Buchanan who has no chance of seeing him unless he gets a shout from Ayo. Obviously we can't hear if he got the shout or not.

Can see it from both sides on the GK front. Aye, he shouldn't be getting beat at his near post there but in his defence 9 out of 10 times that strike goes to the far side. It's obviously caught the GK off guard.

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There was another chance late first half that seemed to fly across our goal and go narrowly wide of top left corner but again with the perspective we had it might equally have been 6 yards wide, I couldn't be sure.

That sums up my concerns for the video that emanates from clubs using Pixellot. I assume there was no zooming in any manner, that is the whole stream was the same wide angle? It makes me wonder just how truly useful the Pixellot video will be to coaches. I would assume that there would be some loss of quality with a zoomed in view, so the usefulness of the video will be in broad terms for positioning and such.

What would you say is the “value” of a Pixellot game stream if a dedicated in-house video team feed was priced about £10, is it worth tossing a fiver or more at a Pixellot stream for an away game?

3 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Shouldn’t be getting beat at his near post

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just watched the goal there. For me, Ayo is as much to blame as Buchanan IMO. The guy runs in behind Buchanan who has no chance of seeing him unless he gets a shout from Ayo. Obviously we can't hear if he got the shout or not.

Can see it from both sides on the GK front. Aye, he shouldn't be getting beat at his near post there but in his defence 9 out of 10 times that strike goes to the far side. It's obviously caught the GK off guard.

Just watched it again on a proper screen this time and not on my phone. Tend to agree now that Ayo probably more to blame than Buchanan. Buchanan can't see the run as he's facing the other way. Roy runs off Ayo who lets him go.

On reflection Ferguson possibly shows him a wee bit more of the near post than I thought he had but he's not the big problem in the goal. It's a very nice finish and lifted right in by the post.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That sums up my concerns for the video that emanates from clubs using Pixellot. I assume there was no zooming in any manner, that is the whole stream was the same wide angle? It makes me wonder just how truly useful the Pixellot video will be to coaches. I would assume that there would be some loss of quality with a zoomed in view, so the usefulness of the video will be in broad terms for positioning and such.

What would you say is the “value” of a Pixellot game stream if a dedicated in-house video team feed was priced about £10, is it worth tossing a fiver or more at a Pixellot stream for an away game?

Highlight footage is now on the Airdrie site free of charge. There's not really any zooming. When it loses the ball it zoom out a little till it finds it again. The highlights though don't show just how frustratingly often it did lose it and we couldn't see what was happening in the penalty area. Especially second half. I'm told the sunshine was a big factor in that.

It's certainly nowhere near as good as the footage @MOTD Wannabee films for us directly. I don't think I'd pay £5 again to watch a friendly. I did it as much to see how the process works more than to watch the game. I'd pay £5 to watch it again if that was the only alternative for a competitive away game though. I don't know if I'd pay much more than that for Pixellot. £10 - £15 for better coverage with commentary of competitive games I'd probably pay.

28 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

When it loses the ball it zoom out a little till it finds it again.

That worries me with Pixellot. What if the ball goes out of play and another one is thrown on whilst a ball boy/sub/anyone else gets the other one. Is there a risk Pixellot loses the active ball, zooms out and finds the wrong ball to follow?

Just now, DG.Roma said:

That worries me with Pixellot. What if the ball goes out of play and another one is thrown on whilst a ball boy/sub/anyone else gets the other one. Is there a risk Pixellot loses the active ball, zooms out and finds the wrong ball to follow?

Temporarily yes. Absolutely. We saw it happen yesterday. It isn't long in finding the action again but it's enough to miss something important.

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Highlight footage is now on the Airdrie site free of charge. There's not really any zooming. When it loses the ball it zoom out a little till it finds it again. The highlights though don't show just how frustratingly often it did lose it and we couldn't see what was happening in the penalty area. Especially second half. I'm told the sunshine was a big factor in that.

I was wondering about how the plastic pitches, which can get some glare at various angles, would impact that. It bodes poorly for the games in low angle sunlight.

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Didn't watch the whole game but my biggest concern is that we've managed 90 minutes without scoring against a side with David Hutton in goal.

Think you'll find we only managed 45 minutes not scoring against David Hutton. Max Currie was in goal for the first half.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Highlight footage is now on the Airdrie site free of charge.

Just perused the highlights and closed them in frustration after a few minutes. The AI ball tracker seems frustratingly prone to slicing the action you want to see when it gets to the far reaches of the pitch. Several times a player was deep toward the near corner but the tracking of the ball meant that the right edge of the screen was about the edge of the goal area, cutting off seeing who was trucking in for a cross. Until the AI can weight the camera view to encompass more off the ball action in those circumstances it will never do a decent job of replacing an experienced camera operator. Maybe a two camera head setup would address that, but I suspect the processing necessary to make that work would be cost prohibitive, until then a person running the camera is a much better choice.

Just perused the highlights and closed them in frustration after a few minutes. The AI ball tracker seems frustratingly prone to slicing the action you want to see when it gets to the far reaches of the pitch. Several times a player was deep toward the near corner but the tracking of the ball meant that the right edge of the screen was about the edge of the goal area, cutting off seeing who was trucking in for a cross. Until the AI can weight the camera view to encompass more off the ball action in those circumstances it will never do a decent job of replacing an experienced camera operator. Maybe a two camera head setup would address that, but I suspect the processing necessary to make that work would be cost prohibitive, until then a person running the camera is a much better choice.
The pixellot "camera" has four actual cameras that move independently. Actually, coikd even be five

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The pixellot camera doesnt miss anything. It has 180 degree vision in an 8k frame. The AI director 1080p window does. What would be really cool is to broadcast it in 3d and have everyone use a smart phone with a headset to watch what they want.

At the minute with pixellot the choices seem to be a wide safe camera or a inaccurate AI director with inexplicable priorities.

Edited by LeodhasXD

The pixellot camera doesnt miss anything. It has 180 degree vision in an 8k frame. The AI director 1080p window does. What would be really cool is to broadcast it in 3d and have everyone use a smart phone with a headset to watch what they want.
At the minute with pixellot the choices seem to be a wide safe camera or a inaccurate AI director with inexplicable priorities.
Can you select footages from the other cameras post match or are you limited to what was broadcast by the AI?

It's certainly nowhere near as good as the footage [mention=32178]MOTD Wannabee[/mention] films for us directly. I don't think I'd pay £5 again to watch a friendly. I did it as much to see how the process works more than to watch the game. I'd pay £5 to watch it again if that was the only alternative for a competitive away game though. I don't know if I'd pay much more than that for Pixellot. £10 - £15 for better coverage with commentary of competitive games I'd probably pay.

I’ll view it again, sounds about right of top of my head, still think Ferguson has to show striker far corner rather than near post.

I see David Devine is getting back to full fitness, half expecting this meaning a return to Palmerston

Just now, Mr X said:
6 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Can you select footages from the other cameras post match or are you limited to what was broadcast by the AI?

Okay so by default you get panoramic and one other (you can select AI camera, tactical view, left, centre, right)

image.thumb.png.078e513638fd00f04873ab445690c20e.png

Panoramic

image.thumb.png.2f8068766a5e05bc74adbfb577937c9a.png

Tactical view - you can see the edges sometimes like now!

image.thumb.png.5b498d9ab67499c8833b58b5b7d87de7.png

AI view - when it loses the ball!

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Didn't watch the whole game but my biggest concern is that we've managed 90 minutes without scoring against a side with David Hutton in goal.

Calum Antell could’ve been in goal for Airdrie yesterday and we still wouldn’t have scored!