The Queen of the South thread

Just now, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Any team news?

Ferguson / trialist / Maxwell / Obileye / Buchanan / McCabe / Robinson / Pybus / Goss / Fitzpatrick / Shields

Subs:  Leighfield / East / Joseph / McKechnie / Gibson / McKee / Dobbie / McMahon / Douglas / Crooks

Noticed one trialist looks lke a RB listed, team Ferguson, Trialist, Maxwell, Obileye, Buchanan, mcCabe, Pybus, Robinson, Fitzpatrick, Goss, Shields subs Leighfield, Dobbie, Mckee, East, Joseph, McKechnie, Gibson, mcmahon, Douglas, Crooks 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

38 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

When it will be released, what type of format there will be to it, price per game or some sort of package, whether still available if crowds are allowed to return to below normal levels, what the board's thoughts are on the situation.

To be fair I've seen very little come out of the club about this and generally getting my information from yourself and Skyline.

Not sure why it's quoted that comment instead of your question to me.

There has been very little come out of the club. Maybe should have said more but the questions you've asked either havent been answered yet or only very recently and things were changing almost daily! 

When it will be released - when the games start! Seriously, it obviously needs to be in place for the league games. We're aiming for the Betfred games but cant really confirm that until everythings tested and working

what type of format there will be to it - not sure what you mean. It wont be Pixellot, it will be our own footage. Again, plan is to have commentary but cant confirm until its been tested. The actual platform was only confirmed the other day, same with the commentators

Price per game - no idea. The SPFL havent given permission to sell games on a PPV basis yet

Still be available if crowds are allowed back - this was confirmed right at the beginning. The SPFL have given permission for domestic broadcast while any crowd restrictions are in place. Its almost certain domestic streaming will go once full crowds are back

Boards thoughts - no idea!

Edited by Mr X

17 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not really getting this continual reference to us going for an especially young squad next season. It's a pretty young squad but I'm not sure it's in reality any younger than last season's?

The two keepers are a year older than last year's two keepers.

Kilday at 27 was the oldest centre back (Brownlie 25, Semple 21). Later additions were Devine 18 and Ledger 24. This season Buchanan is 30 and Obileye 26.

Hard to conclude anything about full backs when the only one we have is an 18 year old signed on loan today. In losing the 27 year old Holt we lost our most experienced defender. Mercer was 24.

Dobbie is a year older. Last year he had Oliver 24, Hamilton 19. This year he has East 20, Shields 23 and Goss 22 plus young Joseph at 19.

Wide men last year were Murray 22, Petravicius 24, Faiss 27. This year we have some combination of Fitzpatrick, Robinson and McKechnie as it stands who are all 19. And potentially Wullie Gibson at 36.

Centrally we still have Pybus and have replaced Osman 32, Paton 30, Kidd 24, Lyon 24, and Wilson 21 with McCabe 28, McKee 27, Gibson 36.

The wingers are younger (unless Gibson is going to play there but I think that's unlikely). The full backs probably will be. The goalkeepers and striker are about the same and the centre backs and central midfielders are older.

Our young signings have no experience of the Championship most have not even been full time before asking a lot to expect much from them a18 year old boy at left back with no experience  of senior football  expected just to come in and play