The Queen of the South thread

Obileye was the stand out for me in that 45.  Goss was a bit isolated up front.  For a pre-season game it's been pretty decent so far.

Aye that was my take. Shields needs to get up just off tommy. Think we’ve played okay tbh, they’ve scored from only real attack, would like to see it again as I was in car but looked avoidable. Knock the ball about okay, for a team just flung together and probably without two players who’ll start most games.

Camera work is fucking shite. Glad it’s not what we are using was beginning to get worried before I saw that Mr X

6 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Our young signings have no experience of the Championship most have not even been full time before asking a lot to expect much from them a18 year old boy at left back with no experience  of senior football  expected just to come in and play 

He played against Berwick Rangers, Ballymena, Solihull Moors and Wrexham as Rangers Colts got to the semi final of the Tunnocks challenge cup. 

9 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Camera work is fucking shite. Glad it’s not what we are using was beginning to get worried before I saw that Mr X

The camera work certainly is a bit eccentric. The commentator's making a decent fist of it though. Look forward to seeing what Queens can come up with (and how much they're wanting for it). A fiver's probably about right for this kind of footage.

Yeah it’s not been a bad game. I guess in a friendly the performance matters way more than the result and it’s been decent.

I presume the camera is automatic? No cameraman?. It’s not great but about right for a fiver I would say.

Only two players that have stood out for me would be Obileye and right back

Yeah it’s not been a bad game. I guess in a friendly the performance matters way more than the result and it’s been decent.

I presume the camera is automatic? No cameraman?. It’s not great but about right for a fiver I would say.

Only two players that have stood out for me would be Obileye and right back

Maxwell been pretty comfortable, shields really busy, if camera could keep up it sounds like fitzpatricks had a few good moments in second half.

34 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Aye that was my take. Shields needs to get up just off tommy. Think we’ve played okay tbh, they’ve scored from only real attack, would like to see it again as I was in car but looked avoidable. Knock the ball about okay, for a team just flung together and probably without two players who’ll start most games.

Have all clubs not got the same camera system.

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

No.

Well, yes, but the Championships clubs generally are not using it and have chosen to do their own stuff for all the reasons we've seen today. Automatic camerawork has a long way to go to be perfect.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Next Queens signing news wil most likely be the trialist RB that had a good 76 mins today. Anybody know who it was? 

Quieter second half but was impressed with him first half definitely. If we’ve still a couple to add, I’m quietly happy. Folk will see we got beat, but I’m pretty happy with what I watched.

19 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

We use our own. We've been doing live coverage to ex-pats for years. Pretty good set up now.

I watched that automated system last week against Stenhousemuir, it was not very good. Couldn't keep up with play.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I sat through the Airdrie v QoS stream today to see what it was like. Wasn't great. The Pixellot system clearly has a long way to go. The picture quality was good but the tendency to zoom out and not in to the far side was irritating and the countless times the camera stuck looking at the middle of the park when there was an attack going on at one end or the other was maddening. The commentator did a decent enough job especially since he ended up on his own as the co-commentator's mic didn't work.

The actual streaming was fine though. It froze at kick off for about 30 second and otherwise streamed perfectly well throughout. I can't imagine many people were actually watching though.

I fear for the product at clubs using an AI film process. For those filming it themselves they'll do it far better. It's all about whether they can successfully take payments and stream reliably. The camera work is the least of their troubles.

My comments from the live streaming thread.

There has been very little come out of the club. Maybe should have said more but the questions you've asked either havent been answered yet or only very recently and things were changing almost daily! 
When it will be released - when the games start! Seriously, it obviously needs to be in place for the league games. We're aiming for the Betfred games but cant really confirm that until everythings tested and working
what type of format there will be to it - not sure what you mean. It wont be Pixellot, it will be our own footage. Again, plan is to have commentary but cant confirm until its been tested. The actual platform was only confirmed the other day, same with the commentators
Price per game - no idea. The SPFL havent given permission to sell games on a PPV basis yet
Still be available if crowds are allowed back - this was confirmed right at the beginning. The SPFL have given permission for domestic broadcast while any crowd restrictions are in place. Its almost certain domestic streaming will go once full crowds are back
Boards thoughts - no idea!
My general questions could of been better worded but thank you. I think really I just wanted confirmation that these talks are ongoing etc.

The when was about bet Fred and league games which you answered.

The format I was looking at camera man plus what graphics have been looked at having on the video.