The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER
3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Im not saying anyone has to spend any money. It just seems a little odd that you'll pay to watch a test stream of a friendly but not to watch the same team play competitive games

"Just seems odd" to you perhaps, and I didn't anywhere say I won't be paying to see the same team playing competitive games, just pointing out that my position is I won't pay £10 or more to watch Queens games of the recent standard, should the product on offer be "worth it" I will consider what games to watch. Given your interest in my viewing pricepoints for Queens games do you know the likely price the Club has in mind ? Are you perhaps "In the know?"

"Just seems odd" to you perhaps, and I didn't anywhere say I won't be paying to see the same team playing competitive games, just pointing out that my position is I won't pay £10 or more to watch Queens games of the recent standard, should the product on offer be "worth it" I will consider what games to watch. Given your interest in my viewing pricepoints for Queens games do you know the likely price the Club has in mind ? Are you perhaps "In the know?"

So, you'll pay £5 for a test stream of a friendly and expect to pay £5-£10 for competitive games?

Seems like the "recent quality" argument is a bit of a red herring unless you're expecting Messi to turn out as a trialist tomorrow.

I have no idea what the likely price of streaming is going to be. If I had to guess, it won't be £5

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not really getting this continual reference to us going for an especially young squad next season. It's a pretty young squad but I'm not sure it's in reality any younger than last season's?

The two keepers are a year older than last year's two keepers.

Kilday at 27 was the oldest centre back (Brownlie 25, Semple 21). Later additions were Devine 18 and Ledger 24. This season Buchanan is 30 and Obileye 26.

Hard to conclude anything about full backs when the only one we have is an 18 year old signed on loan today. In losing the 27 year old Holt we lost our most experienced defender. Mercer was 24.

Dobbie is a year older. Last year he had Oliver 24, Hamilton 19. This year he has East 20, Shields 23 and Goss 22 plus young Joseph at 19.

Wide men last year were Murray 22, Petravicius 24, Faiss 27. This year we have some combination of Fitzpatrick, Robinson and McKechnie as it stands who are all 19. And potentially Wullie Gibson at 36.

Centrally we still have Pybus and have replaced Osman 32, Paton 30, Kidd 24, Lyon 24, and Wilson 21 with McCabe 28, McKee 27, Gibson 36.

The wingers are younger (unless Gibson is going to play there but I think that's unlikely). The full backs probably will be. The goalkeepers and striker are about the same and the centre backs and central midfielders are older.

It’s probably more accurate to call it an “inexperienced at this level” squad rather than a young squad then. I think that’s what people are getting at.

I’m far more excited by the element of the unknown this season brings than I would be over the usual faces from the merry-go-round. We all knew how the likes of Oliver, Kidd and Paton were going to turn out last season before they kicked a ball.

Of course there’s no guarantees this years squad will fair any better, but at least we’ll have a few weeks of intrigue until we work it out.

It’s probably more accurate to call it an “inexperienced at this level” squad rather than a young squad then. I think that’s what people are getting at.
I’m far more excited by the element of the unknown this season brings than I would be over the usual faces from the merry-go-round. We all knew how the likes of Oliver, Kidd and Paton were going to turn out last season before they kicked a ball.
Of course there’s no guarantees this years squad will fair any better, but at least we’ll have a few weeks of intrigue until we work it out.

Sometimes I look at squad thinking it’s alright, other times I look and think oh dear

13 hours ago, qos_75 said:

If there are any vacancies,  I am happy to be a pundit or co-commentator on any of the the streams.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but I can talk utter shite with the best of them. 

I like this idea, hope the old boy I normally hear yelling "get it up the park" as soon as any of our players have it doesn't apply though 😄

First images of the new kit now on the OS http://www.qosfc.com/news-5230
2021kitad.png&key=0b7be7497801cdc63d84e07e6a583943b05501b5ac2db3818b1941e98a24ca1c
The home top is fine pretty plain and simple but that's not a bad thing.  It's very similar to the first Macron home top but without the striped collar.  I like the look of the away top a lot.

Both very nice, I think I’ll buy both.

Is there any kit for toddlers this season?!

Signed up to watch today's game via Airdrie link. Hope there an update from the club on our own video links to games soon, for the season ahead.
Genuine question - what are you looking for an update on. We know the club are doing it and we know ppv hasn't been announced by the league yet.

It's still being tested so there isn't much else to say at the moment I don't think
I like this idea, hope the old boy I normally hear yelling "get it up the park" as soon as any of our players have it doesn't apply though [emoji1]
I'm sure some audio clips of crowd noise could be added for that genuine Palmerston experience :D

Well, signed up for tommorrow's Diamonds TV stream. £5 seems fair enough to me, though if Championship games on QOS's platform are £10 or more I'm out! Claiming live commentary it'd better be good to match the worthies on Stranraer TV, those guys are like being at a game with your mates. Dobbie. Gibson and Buchanan better be good at developing youngsters 'cause looks like that will be what they are doing this season.

Yeah I signed up as well. I haven’t watched a friendly for over 10 years but I’ve missed the south so much!

Tbf I will expect everything from commentary to camera to be appalling and if it’s any better I’ll be happy.

Lol I’ll have to check those Stranraer guys.

I have been reliably informed they’re going for £9.99

3 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

Yeah I saw a couple of people have. Interested to know if theres any more.

It will be interesting to see just how good/bad the pixellot thing is.

Does anyone know kickoff time? 1.30PM?

Kick off is 2pm av signed up looking forward to first look at new squad. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

When it will be released, what type of format there will be to it, price per game or some sort of package, whether still available if crowds are allowed to return to below normal levels, what the board's thoughts are on the situation.

To be fair I've seen very little come out of the club about this and generally getting my information from yourself and Skyline.

Not sure why it's quoted that comment instead of your question to me.

I'm sure some audio clips of crowd noise could be added for that genuine Palmerston experience default_biggrin.png