The Queen of the South thread

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
50 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Don’t take that as an indication that all Thistle fans think this is a smart idea

I think 99% of the Thistle support will be rightly embarrassed by it. I bet only the creator of it and Jacqui Low are happy with the product.

Plus the shop they paid to produce it...

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've resigned myself to not seeing us in the flesh this season. It'll take the sting out of relegation if that happens but if Dobbie doesn't get the send off he deserves I'll be gutted tbh.

The good news is he will be recognized eventually by QoS regardless. I’m confident he understands how much he means to the club and it’s fans, and he might stick around another campaign anyway.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

The good news is he will be recognized eventually by QoS regardless. I’m confident he understands how much he means to the club and it’s fans, and he might stick around another campaign anyway.

There definitely appears to be a strong 2-way bond between Stephen and the club (never mind being adored by the fans - myself included) and given that he seems to be keen on the coaching side of the game you'd have to think that him taking on some kind of a coaching role at Queens when he hangs up his boots isn't unrealistic.  Who's to say that a coaching partnership role with Gibson isn't impossible either?  Promoting coaches from within the club isn't exactly unheard of at Palmerston for that matter too.  I'd imagine that the thought has crossed the minds of AJ and SC also!  Watch that space as the saying goes .....

8 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't know what will happen.. I was only saying if the club is going to show it on ppv it surely needs to be the same as season ticket holders have paid for there season ticket that allows them to see home games. Hard times for clubs... 

Should we now go with what we have use the young boys to make up the squad  with no crowds for a long while we can't add anymore cost to the squad more important to still have a football club once this is all over 

What’s your thoughts on Darren Lyon ? Seems like he’s about to sign for QP going by the rumours

He’s okay. I’d have kept him above rest of our midfielders but that isn’t saying a hell of a lot. Try break up play, neat and tidy in possession without doing a lot. He’ll be fine with your galacticos in league 2 I’d say

What’s your thoughts on Darren Lyon ? Seems like he’s about to sign for QP going by the rumours

Never really showed much at the start of last season. Ended up being half decent imo. Comfortable on the ball and can play in midfield or fill in at right back. Nothing flash, just a steady player.

Being honest, it would have been nice to have him back at Queens for this season but not too fussed he’s not there. Probably just end up being a squad player at Queens Park [emoji848]

13 hours ago, qos1990 said:

He’s okay. I’d have kept him above rest of our midfielders but that isn’t saying a hell of a lot. Try break up play, neat and tidy in possession without doing a lot. He’ll be fine with your galacticos in league 2 I’d say

This largely. He's certainly better than League 2 level but then so are most of the Queen's Park squad. Not remotely flashy. Does a solid job. Gets in the way of the opposition without being obviously niggly or aggressive. Tends to get the ball and move it on tidily but not especially creative. Won't score goals generally. Exactly the kind of midfielder to put beside a creative one to do his donkey work. He also filled in for us at both full back positions on occasion though I don't think he was great there.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
34 minutes ago, spider1867 said:
QOS won 2-1 tonight vs Annan. One of our old players was playing for Annan 

3 wins from 3 and we haven't even got any FB's? £20 on us for the League IMO. Easy money.

Willie Gibson started right back again I see 👀

7 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

It would appear our friendly against Airdrie on Saturday will be streamed live on the clubs Diamonds TV. Looks like it’s a fiver to watch. 

£5 to watch a stream of a friendly? 

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

He did. He played really well.

4 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Again?

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

£5 to watch a stream of a friendly?

They charged £5 to watch their friendly with Albion Rovers tonight with no commentary. They are advertising Saturday's game as having commentary. It doesn't actually say what price it will be but I assume it will be the same.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Again?

They charged £5 to watch their friendly with Albion Rovers tonight with no commentary. They are advertising Saturday's game as having commentary. It doesn't actually say what price it will be but I assume it will be the same.

When he came on v Dalbeattie on Sat sure he played RB as well... 

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

When he came on v Dalbeattie on Sat sure he played RB as well... 

He did. And he played there for part of the Threave game. He didn't start either game though.

Horrible challenge on him late on in the game too which luckily he jumped out of the way from or he'd have been lucky not to break something. Buchanan got booked for complaining about it.

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Again?

So they did. £5 to watch a test of Pixellot is taking the proverbial