The Queen of the South thread

7 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

How can clubs survive without crowds ? This is extremely worrying

The clubs knew that this was a possibility when they agreed to play this season. The option not to was there, they didn't take it, so they must be confident that they can survive regardless of whether crowds are allowed or not.

16 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Think it's maybe time Queens updated the fans on where we are with PPV and give us indicative costs.  RTV charge £9.99 a game how will Queens compare? 

Whos RTV?

Ive not seen any Championship clubs confirm any pricing other  than their season tickets. Have the SPFL even announced PPV is going to be allowed in the Championship?

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

How can clubs survive without crowds ? This is extremely worrying

The clubs knew when it was decided to start the season in October that it might only be limited fans, ie season ticket holders allowed only which would not make the club anymore money. By not allowing fans in at games the clubs wil not have to pay for stewards or police costs.  I don't know if the club will offer a ppv option on games or not, Ifso will it cost £18 same as season ticket holders will have paid to watch on tv ???

Guest TOPFITTER
5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The clubs knew when it was decided to start the season in October that it might only be limited fans, ie season ticket holders allowed only which would not make the club anymore money. By not allowing fans in at games the clubs wil not have to pay for stewards or police costs.  I don't know if the club will offer a ppv option on games or not, Ifso will it cost £18 same as season ticket holders will have paid to watch on tv ???

Thanks Supersouth,  be interesting to see if it takes off at £18 per game PPV.

3 minutes ago, TOPFITTER said:

Thanks Supersouth,  be interesting to see if it takes off at £18 per game PPV.

Don't know what will happen.. I was only saying if the club is going to show it on ppv it surely needs to be the same as season ticket holders have paid for there season ticket that allows them to see home games. Hard times for clubs... 

Guest TOPFITTER

You have to admire Season Tickets Holders £210 up front and maybe no live football or a curtailed season possibly. I for one won't pay £18 PPV and don't think the product on view the last 2 or 3 seasons is worth it for live or PPV, I will probably do my supporting  by purchasing Club Merchandise and maybe an odd live game if that happens at all.

You have to admire Season Tickets Holders £210 up front and maybe no live football or a curtailed season possibly. I for one won't pay £18 PPV and don't think the product on view the last 2 or 3 seasons is worth it for live or PPV, I will probably do my supporting  by purchasing Club Merchandise and maybe an odd live game if that happens at all.

I personally don’t have an issue with it because we are in such truly exceptional times.

As much as I will look forward to the live streams in my Dubai living room I totally agree with you. There is no way any Championship club will make anywhere near the match day revenue from streaming. I hope clubs have budgeted accordingly.

Nicola has just said that the new restrictions coming in could last for six months. There is no way fans will be allowed in stadiums when people can’t even meet another household indoors.

On the optimistic side the restrictions will still be reviewed every three weeks.

2 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Don't know what will happen.. I was only saying if the club is going to show it on ppv it surely needs to be the same as season ticket holders have paid for there season ticket that allows them to see home games. Hard times for clubs... 

2 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

I disagree with the premise that PPV has to be the same as the amount paid for a ST per game. The reality is that few people took up clubs on the offer of a refund for unused ST portions last year and they signed up for this year knowing it might be watching via stream for a good bit of the season. ST’s are purchased by fans committed to supporting the side and often do not make financial sense in a mathematical sense. In most cases, missing even just two games puts the ST holder behind PATG costs for the remaining games.

QoS has 13 home games and a £210 ST, for a smidge over £16 a game. Charge £10 a game for a PPV stream and the ST holders are out all of £80 over the season, much less than they would spend on a pie and bovril at those games...and they are supporting the team they love! I would certainly think that opposition fans would be willing to splash out £10 to watch an away game too, and that’s found money in this case. Hell, you also can offer audio stream only for perhaps £5 per game, and people will bite too...and likely buy a video stream the next time.

43 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've resigned myself to not seeing us in the flesh this season. It'll take the sting out of relegation if that happens but if Dobbie doesn't get the send off he deserves I'll be gutted tbh.

This. 

It's a sad thought that we may already have seen him play in the flesh for the last time. 

Don’t take that as an indication that all Thistle fans think this is a smart idea
I think 99% of the Thistle support will be rightly embarrassed by it. I bet only the creator of it and Jacqui Low are happy with the product.