The Queen of the South thread

Shields played wide against Threave.
We're not going to play with full backs this season. Two centre backs, Pybus sitting in front, 4 wingers, two creative midfielders and a striker. Every game will finish 6-5 one way or the other! [emoji23]
[emoji23] Dobbie scoring 80 goals. I'd take this Kevin Keegan style brand of fitba.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

There are a few posters on here who seem to be genuinely acquainted with the inside workings of their football club and the legal and financial side of these things, I would hazard a guess that SD's involvement with QoS both on a voluntary basis and also in his "real" job qualifies him to be regarded as quite knowledgeable in this respect. He'll certainly know more about the workings of a Club than the average Joe Bloggs  poster.  Agreed he can be a bit wordy,  he's not alone on that though, and  after reading a few of his,  and others',  recent posts I'm beginning to think that a cap on the number of words/characters in a post would be a welcome idea. 

Wordy is good.

GK - 2
LB + RB - 0
CB - 2
Wide players - 2/3*
CM - 3/4*
ST - 3

Shaping up ok just now. The next signing could be interesting. If it's another CB then there could be a possibility of AJ going with a 3 at the back?

If Shields has played wide a lot then I think I'd like to see another striker come in in case AJ plans on continuing to use him this way. Goss is unproven at any level close to this and if Dobbie is going to be used without anyone beside him/off him then just relegate us now.

I expect our next signings will be full backs though I wouldn't be against a 3 at the back, f**k it let's go for it approach [emoji38]

* Depending on where Gibson will play

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

GK - 2
LB + RB - 0
CB - 2
Wide players - 2/3*
CM - 3/4*
ST - 3

Shaping up ok just now. The next signing could be interesting. If it's another CB then there could be a possibility of AJ going with a 3 at the back?

If Shields has played wide a lot then I think I'd like to see another striker come in in case AJ plans on continuing to use him this way. Goss is unproven at any level close to this and if Dobbie is going to be used without anyone beside him/off him then just relegate us now.

I expect our next signings will be full backs though I wouldn't be against a 3 at the back, f**k it let's go for it approach emoji38.png

* Depending on where Gibson will play

Party like it’s 1920 and run the good old 2-3-5?

I am right in saying we only have to test our players for Covid  when we play St Mirren in the Betfred Cup no test needed for the other Cup games or Championship games .

Really thought we would have to test our players every week at £100 a test it would have been a huge cost over the season 

I

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

I am right in saying we only have to test our players for Covid  when we play St Mirren in the Betfred Cup no test needed for the other Cup games or Championship games .

Really thought we would have to test our players every week at £100 a test it would have been a huge cost over the season 

I

Correct that is the rules at the moment. 

I ask more in hope than expectation, any word on who trialists were?

Telling that the right and left back were both trialists that started. Least AJ aware of the gaps (am trying to be super positive ahead of season starting, lads).
From Facebook: Dan Carmichael, Niyah Joseph and Euan East.

40 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I ask more in hope than expectation, any word on who trialists were?

Telling that the right and left back were both trialists that started. Least AJ aware of the gaps (am trying to be super positive ahead of season starting, lads).

Did you seriously consider the manager didnt notice he has no full backs signed?