The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

SD is one of the most knowledgeable posters on here and his points are well reasoned. He does have a penchant for using extra words at times but don't we all?

He's also big enough to defend himself. I'll be leaving now.

His knowledge about Ayr is unparalleled too.

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

If you were as knowledgeable as you are wordy then you'd be worth listening to.... But you aren't..

FYI we have sold 900+ season tickets and raised over 150k in fund raising, but Rovers won't get near last seasons income? 

Dry up! 

There are a few posters on here who seem to be genuinely acquainted with the inside workings of their football club and the legal and financial side of these things, I would hazard a guess that SD's involvement with QoS both on a voluntary basis and also in his "real" job qualifies him to be regarded as quite knowledgeable in this respect. He'll certainly know more about the workings of a Club than the average Joe Bloggs  poster.  Agreed he can be a bit wordy,  he's not alone on that though, and  after reading a few of his,  and others',  recent posts I'm beginning to think that a cap on the number of words/characters in a post would be a welcome idea. 

I think Rohan is a great signing for yous lot, great shotshopper at his time with us (airdrie) made a few errors as every goalkeeper at this level does, plus the fact he was only 18 and he played every league game for us. Also had a hopeless defence in front of him, i think lower end championship would probably be his level right now will defiantly make his way back into the prem in the next few years imo.

There are a few posters on here who seem to be genuinely acquainted with the inside workings of their football club and the legal and financial side of these things, I would hazard a guess that SD's involvement with QoS both on a voluntary basis and also in his "real" job qualifies him to be regarded as quite knowledgeable in this respect. He'll certainly know more about the workings of a Club than the average Joe Bloggs  poster.  Agreed he can be a bit wordy,  he's not alone on that though, and  after reading a few of his,  and others',  recent posts I'm beginning to think that a cap on the number of words/characters in a post would be a welcome idea. 

Too long. Did not read.

13 hours ago, virginton said:

In what bizarre, alternative universe would 'selling' 900 season tickets now - based on some expectation of live entertainment down the line that no club can actually guarantee btw - and raising £150k be considered equivalent to a full season's season ticket revenue and fundraising and having 4-5 extra home game receipts and 18 games revenue from the away end plus hospitality? 

Next you'll be peddling your club's lottery as the great money-spinning innovation that no other club at the same level has even thought to introduce. The word 'deluded' doesn't even begin to cover this.

Given as I was addressing a particular element of income, you missed the point.

Seems to come with reasonably good pedigree. I’m not sure about his choice of squad number though.

He isn't really number seven is he? Nah, not cool with that. A striker or a wingers number not a goalie. World has gone fucking mad. I want refunded on my season book. [emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He isn't really number seven is he? Nah, not cool with that. A striker or a wingers number not a goalie. World has gone fucking mad. I want refunded on my season book. emoji23.png

He is number 7. Dobbie is going to be 1. Goss is 2. Buchanan 11 and Obileye 10, not sure of therest. Its all part of AJs cunning plan to confuse the opposition

20 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

He isn't really number seven is he? Nah, not cool with that. A striker or a wingers number not a goalie. World has gone fucking mad. I want refunded on my season book. emoji23.png

Mr X has it spot on.

Well no, not really. That's not even this year's training gear, it's a spare set of last year's that he was wearing to take his medical before he got issued with his own gear. He did say himself before the photo that the number would cause amusement.

I don't think any squad numbers are finalised yet, though I'm sure Dobbie will still be 11.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Left footed but usually plays on right. Wonder if he'll play out left what with Fitzpatrick signing. Either way, sounds interesting and nice to get another body in.

Half expected Shields to play on the wing, after him ripping us a new one. Would imagine this signing would put it into the only when needed. Really happy with the business of last couple of days

3 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Half expected Shields to play on the wing, after him ripping us a new one. Would imagine this signing would put it into the only when needed. Really happy with the business of last couple of days

Shields played wide against Threave.

We're not going to play with full backs this season. Two centre backs, Pybus sitting in front, 4 wingers, two creative midfielders and a striker. Every game will finish 6-5 one way or the other! 😂

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Yeah I think it's shaping up quite nicely too. Suspect there'll be a loan or two more and a couple of permanent transfers and we're done. Definitely need full backs.

Shields played wide against Threave.
We're not going to play with full backs this season. Two centre backs, Pybus sitting in front, 4 wingers, two creative midfielders and a striker. Every game will finish 6-5 one way or the other! [emoji23]

I thought that from picture on Facebook, fans can’t moan about not being entertained. Our team looks decent going forward, get a solid defence, I’ll be pretty happy.

McKee/McCabe Pybus

Robinson Dobbs Fitzpatrick

Shields

Doesn’t look bad to me at all.