The Queen of the South thread

If it's a similar situation to John Sutton with Morton last season, where he's at the club anyway as a coach so he may as well be registered a player for some additional experienced cover, then fine.

If you're actually planning to play him regularly then that sets massive alarm bells ringing. Especially so considering that despite having had a season out Sutton had last been playing in the Championship before joining us, whereas Gibson's last spell at this level was half a season with Dumbarton in 15/16 before he was released that January.

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Ayrs signings this summer put ours to shame

hewitson at it again even after this dykes windfall he continues to run the squad at threadbare limits ,not even at the threadbare stage atm this time .not long until season kicks off and still half a squad to sign ,all our rivals in this league look stronger than last season with there signings ,where queens look alot weaker atm .i just hope queens can get some top quality loanees in asap .

Edited by Douglas1972

hewitson at it again even after this dykes windfall he continues to run the squad at treadbare limits ,not even at the treadbare stage atm this time .not long until season kicks off and still half a squad to sign ,all our rivals in this league look stronger than last season with there signings ,where queens look alot weaker atm .i just hope queens can get some top quality loanees in asap .

Hello Francis Begbie [emoji849]

31 minutes ago, Douglas1972 said:

hewitson at it again even after this dykes windfall he continues to run the squad at treadbare limits ,not even at the treadbare stage atm this time .not long until season kicks off and still half a squad to sign ,all our rivals in this league look stronger than last season with there signings ,where queens look alot weaker atm .i just hope queens can get some top quality loanees in asap .

Have we received the money for Dykes yet? 

12 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

I thought QOS were jumped before. This has just confirmed it for me, guy couldn't get in a mediocre league 2 Stenny team last season. What is actually going on here.

Mmm, he literally started every single fixture Stenhousemuir played during his time with them.

Still what use are facts, eh?

50 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Have we received the money for Dykes yet? 

not got a clue frank though i would have hoped so .im sure i heard talk from hewitson that the dykes cash would be used for players ,sure it was on the news after the dykes move or in the standard i saw it ,???? apart from the decent looking signing from ebbsfleet ,he's defo not used the dykes cash yet anyways .

not got a clue frank though i would have hoped so .im sure i heard talk from hewitson that the dykes cash would be used for players ,sure it was on the news after the dykes move or in the standard i saw it ,???? apart from the decent looking signing from ebbsfleet ,he's defo not used the dykes cash yet anyways .

Decent looking player that struggled for game time at ebbsfleet 🤷🏽‍♂️ my enthusiasm for upcoming season is dwindling

15 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

He played 8 times and didn't impress at all, that's facts.

He played 12 times, in the 12 games they had while he was there, and was easily the best player on the pitch in their televised Challenge Cup tie with Waterford, which is why he was awarded Man of the Match in it.

Your "facts" are nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He played 12 times, in the 12 games they had while he was there, and was easily the best player on the pitch in their televised Challenge Cup tie with Waterford, which is why he was awarded Man of the Match in it.

Your "facts" are nonsense.

He was absoslutely dreadful for the majority of his time there. Wasnt offered a new deal and never appeared fully fit. If you think he will be a success you're very deluded and mistaken.