The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You joined a couple of days after an irritating previous poster stopped posting (or was banned). You're either extremely unlucky or lying.

The last poster was a fud but I don't understand how people can get so wound up on here to the point they send threatening PMs.

The done thing is to post the PMs on the Heads Gone thread emoji38.png

When I joined I read all that nonsense and all I can say is that definitely wasn't me. Some of the replies at the time were a good laugh and a joke but the private messages were uncalled for and like you say hard to understand why they get so upset in the first place. 

9 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

The hypocrisy on here since yesterday is on another level. Only have to look back a couple of month ago to when I joined to see how some of the posters on this thread react. The private messages I received was a joke. One poster, who posts quite a bit messaged me asking me to reveal myself so they can "see me soon." and for what? Because there was someone on the wind up just before I joined. It's an open forum but certain posters think this is their territory and own the place - makes you think twice about posting any input because as soon as you try to put a genuine opinion across - because your name isn't one of the ones who have posted for years you get nothing but cheek and abuse. 

I asked the question not so long back that why does half of Dumfries hate our club. I'm starting to think it's not the club they hate, it's the way some of our fans go on. Excluding those numpties I think we've got a great support. Only have to look at what some of our fans done during lockdown for the town and club to see that. 

You’ve just stuck yourself in Eibbod Nehpets 👮🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Brechin City I see 

Yep, I see they finally published it. I think it was all agreed last week. Best of luck to him there. He is fairly late into the professional game but he has a chance in the game. By all accounts better than Lowland League so League Two should help him develop at a good club. 

5 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Have Queens got any friendlies arranged before the first game v Morton in the Betfred cup on Oct 6th? 

Even before Covid we've regularly played  "closed doors"  friendlies in pre-season so wouldn't be surprised if some are arranged (if allowed).  They're basically bounce games and imo aren't really worth advertising. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

18 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:
23 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Goalkeeper & Right Back

Jack Leighfield not for number 1. Would of had Scott Mercer back but I know he since gone Falkirk.

Nope, Mercer was never coming back here. 

I'm skeptical we'll be able to bring someone in of his standard but trying to be positive, he'll likely have been one of our better earners so it'll free up a decent wage. The new LB has big shoes to fill in that position given it's not been a problem area for us for over a decade.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm skeptical we'll be able to bring someone in of his standard but trying to be positive, he'll likely have been one of our better earners so it'll free up a decent wage. The new LB has big shoes to fill in that position given it's not been a problem area for us for over a decade.

It's been our most solid position for a long time other than one season under Gus between Harris' departure and Holt's coming through under Johnston. McQuilken, Harris, Holt, Marshall and then Holt again have been terrific down that side. We had that year with Alan Reid largely playing there under MacPherson. Even Andy Aitken covering left back sometimes before McQuilken was fine there.

That's a bummer losing Holt - he was great for us, especially before he left first time.  Didn't think he really hit those heights on his return but still did a solid job.  As has been said, you can't blame the guy under the present circumstances.  Good luck Kevin.