The Queen of the South thread

All he's doing is casting some doubt on our latest signing.  To be honest, there is some room for doubt, but let's hope the player is a success. 

An important feature of this place is that fans can legitimately visit the threads for other clubs and make comments/digs.  The Falkirk ones have been great fun.  And who can forget that 'Great feeling at Cappielow'? 

The 'obsession' jibe is particularly lame.  The sense people display of offence over their territory being invaded is rather daft.  We don't want an echo chamber of agreement.  If you object to what he's saying, defend your outlook, but don't just complain because he supports another team.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

All he's doing is casting some doubt on our latest signing.  To be honest, there is some room for doubt, but let's hope the player is a success. 
An important feature of this place is that fans can legitimately visit the threads for other clubs and make comments/digs.  The Falkirk ones have been great fun.  And who can forget that 'Great feeling at Cappielow'? 
The 'obsession' jibe is particularly lame.  The sense people display of offence over their territory being invaded is rather daft.  We don't want an echo chamber of agreement.  If you object to what he's saying, defend your outlook, but don't just complain because he supports another team.  
59 posts from the guy and a fair amount have been about our signings. If it isn't obsessed it's bizarre.

I'm all for posting in other teams threads, I've had a go at the strange Ayr posters who think the Ayr thread is exclusively for them. But I wouldn't sign up to a messageboard and straight away harp on about another sides signings. I expect he's an ex-poster. Maybe the return of Rusty...

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not sure if you're actually treating his last post in isolation here and have missed the fact that almost every single one of his 59 posts to date has been a trolling criticism of QoS? There's no chance he's a Raith fan genuinely appraising our signings. He's a QoS troll without a doubt.

He can do as he wishes, if he's not breaking any rules, it's an open forum, but let's not pretend it's anything other than an agenda. He's no more a Raith fan than you are.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure if you're actually treating his last post in isolation here and have missed the fact that almost every single one of his 59 posts to date has been a trolling criticism of QoS? There's no chance he's a Raith fan genuinely appraising our signings. He's a QoS troll without a doubt.

He can do as he wishes, if he's not breaking any rules, it's an open forum, but let's not pretend it's anything other than an agenda. He's no more a Raith fan than you are.

You're probably right, but once more, it's not a problem.

Plenty of the reactions he's provoking are based on an idea that he has no right to comment on Queens, because he apparently supports someone else.  Calls for interventions from mods are ludicrous.

Plenty of the genuine Queens fans on here have a default critical outlook regarding the club.  Nobody suggests they get banned.

55 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Plenty of the reactions he's provoking are based on an idea that he has no right to comment on Queens, because he apparently supports someone else.  Calls for interventions from mods are ludicrous.

Plenty of the genuine Queens fans on here have a default critical outlook regarding the club.  Nobody suggests they get banned.

I've never understood why people don't just put folk like him on ignore, rather than replying to them, then talking about them, for hours instead.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I literally also said it wasn't a problem in the post you quoted. But I still think you're jumping in at the tail end of this and failing to appreciate what's going on here. Other than Topfitter, I think all of the reactions he's got are from people who know exactly what he's doing and recognise him for what he is. And other than Topfitter nobody has asked for intervention from the mods.

Another fantastic donation was recently delivered to the Queens Trust. A super box of Queens tops, books and programmes was kindly sent to the Queens Trust by Jim Halliday. Many thanks Jim. 

Last year our sales of books, programmes and our auction of tops helped us to raise over £1,000. 

We have been able to help a number of fans with their collections or in their hunt for programmes from special games. If you are looking for any programmes for your collection please let us know and we will do our best to see if we can help.

If anyone else may have any programmes, tops or any books, dvds or cds that they no longer require then please get in touch with the Trust. All donations are very welcome. 

The number of kind donations made to the Trust has really been fantastic. Thank you to you all.

image.jpeg

The hypocrisy on here since yesterday is on another level. Only have to look back a couple of month ago to when I joined to see how some of the posters on this thread react. The private messages I received was a joke. One poster, who posts quite a bit messaged me asking me to reveal myself so they can "see me soon." and for what? Because there was someone on the wind up just before I joined. It's an open forum but certain posters think this is their territory and own the place - makes you think twice about posting any input because as soon as you try to put a genuine opinion across - because your name isn't one of the ones who have posted for years you get nothing but cheek and abuse. 

I asked the question not so long back that why does half of Dumfries hate our club. I'm starting to think it's not the club they hate, it's the way some of our fans go on. Excluding those numpties I think we've got a great support. Only have to look at what some of our fans done during lockdown for the town and club to see that. 

The hypocrisy on here since yesterday is on another level. Only have to look back a couple of month ago to when I joined to see how some of the posters on this thread react. The private messages I received was a joke. One poster, who posts quite a bit messaged me asking me to reveal myself so they can "see me soon." and for what? Because there was someone on the wind up just before I joined. It's an open forum but certain posters think this is their territory and own the place - makes you think twice about posting any input because as soon as you try to put a genuine opinion across - because your name isn't one of the ones who have posted for years you get nothing but cheek and abuse. 
I asked the question not so long back that why does half of Dumfries hate our club. I'm starting to think it's not the club they hate, it's the way some of our fans go on. Excluding those numpties I think we've got a great support. Only have to look at what some of our fans done during lockdown for the town and club to see that. 

You joined a couple of days after an irritating previous poster stopped posting (or was banned). You're either extremely unlucky or lying.

The last poster was a fud but I don't understand how people can get so wound up on here to the point they send threatening PMs.

The done thing is to post the PMs on the Heads Gone thread [emoji38]