The Queen of the South thread

Enjoying these Reserve Squad articles and good to here that reserve players from last season are getting 1st team football at Queens and elsewhere this season. Club must be doing something right in the development of young players. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

With a lot of help from your son-in-law [emoji6]

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll give you odds of 1/5 that it'll be Annan...

Never saw enough of him but from what I saw he was rapid. Would have been happy to see him stay for another year.

Genuinely surprised Ross isn't being brought back. I didn't see all that much of him but I liked what I did see. Great lad too and still younger than some of the Reserve squad.  At the end of the day though, the manager is paid to make these decisions. If he doesn't see a role for Ross in the first team squad he's as well getting out and getting regular games somewhere else. Hopefully like Scott Hooper, Aidan Smith, etc he can make a career in the game for himself elsewhere. Annan or Albion Rovers would be a good fit for him I imagine but I've no inside track on it.

Genuinely surprised Ross isn't being brought back. I didn't see all that much of him but I liked what I did see. Great lad too and still younger than some of the Reserve squad.  At the end of the day though, the manager is paid to make these decisions. If he doesn't see a role for Ross in the first team squad he's as well getting out and getting regular games somewhere else. Hopefully like Scott Hooper, Aidan Smith, etc he can make a career in the game for himself elsewhere. Annan or Albion Rovers would be a good fit for him I imagine but I've no inside track on it.

Did hear Ross is absolutely gutted he’s not in the managers plans this season. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

19 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thank you. 😉

Another 5 tomorrow and 5 more on Monday.

This will probable shock you  but I like the articles on the reserve boys .

My thing about the reserves is all about cost for example will all the reserve boys have to be tested if they play in any friendly game .

This will probable shock you  but I like the articles on the reserve boys .
My thing about the reserves is all about cost for example will all the reserve boys have to be tested if they play in any friendly game .

If Queens couldn’t afford it they wouldn’t be doing it.

Simples.

4 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Did hear Ross is absolutely gutted he’s not in the managers plans this season. Good luck to the lad wherever he ends up.

That makes at least 2 young players then... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

That makes at least 2 young players then... 

It may prove to be a mistake to let the guy go but only one person can and should make that decision. They can’t be influenced by the player concerned being gutted by that decision. Good luck to any of the players being released but the manager must make the decisions he thinks are best for QOS.

On 04/09/2020 at 22:12, Skyline Drifter said:

Last one to be our player and go on to play an international. 

Robbie Neilson since him but he was on loan obviously. 

Fraser Aird for the loaners? Or were his Canadian caps before his time at Queens?

On 06/09/2020 at 01:34, Skyline Drifter said:

The 15 names so far were published on Friday at lunchtime. Yes, Diste is one.

Benji was in for pre season with us the first week but I believe now has a deal elsewhere. Not for me fo publish that before his new club does though.

How about Alberto Vezza? Similar situation to Benji? He was consistently the most impressive reserve for me last season, since Wullie Gibson took over at least. I'd be surprised if he didn't get a deal somewhere

8 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Fraser Aird for the loaners? Or were his Canadian caps before his time at Queens?

How about Alberto Vezza? Similar situation to Benji? He was consistently the most impressive reserve for me last season, since Wullie Gibson took over at least. I'd be surprised if he didn't get a deal somewhere

Fraser Aird definitely never played for Canada while with us nor as far as I am aware has he done so since. Does he even have a club now? Haven't heard of him since he was binned by Cove at Xmas.

I don't know anything about Alberto. He wasn't doing pre-season with us and has definitely left but I've no idea if he's on trial anywhere else or not. His name was on the PFA Scotland list of free agents looking for a club last I looked.

Season book arrived this morning. Absolutely buzzing for the season to start.

I have to say I’ve never been less “buzzing” about a season. Currently just can’t get enthused about it. Suspect that will change once the action starts.

Edit to add that this doesn’t particularly reflect on QOS. Probably more that most of the football I’ve recently watched has been pretty soulless in terms of atmosphere and excitement. Suspect that might change once my ain team is involved.

35 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I have to say I’ve never been less “buzzing” about a season. Currently just can’t get enthused about it. Suspect that will change once the action starts.

yep im finding it difficult to get excited about the new season as queens current signings just aint inspiring confidence in me so far .

3 hours ago, Douglas1972 said:

yep im finding it difficult to get excited about the new season as queens current signings just aint inspiring confidence in me so far .

What calibre of player do you think we can realistically attract? I'll at least give them a chance before judging them. We are probably hoping that some of these "uninspiring"  players can click as a team,  still more to come in obviously who could inspire you,  and then  we can flesh out the squad with some decent loans,  as usual. 

24 months ago I would been put in Midpark if I said Lyndon dykes would score for Scotland.
Well done young man I am a very proud queens fan tonight
Indeed. I was more happy there for Lyndon than I was for Scotland equalising [emoji38]