The Queen of the South thread

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Er, no.

He's not missing anyone. Right now we have 10 signed players.

I think we should run with it.

How often have we heard managers claim after an opposition sending off, that it's actually difficult to play against ten men?

11 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think we should run with it.

How often have we heard managers claim after an opposition sending off, that it's actually difficult to play against ten men?

Worth a try.

At the end of the day, it’s a game of two halves. There are no easy games in this league, but football is a funny old game and we just need to take it one game at a time.

Work with a boy who played against Dykes when he first arrived here. I couldn't tell you what league it was back then. He plays Sunday League now but even back then it wouldn't have been any higher than SOS football. He said Dykes was absolutely honking. We've watched his progress so hopefully Goss follows a similar path regardless if he's a wee bit older.

Your work mate is talking utter shite. He played 1 game in the Sunday league for Dynamo star scoring a hattrick, the last being a 90 minute equaliser by lobbing the keeper.

Your work mate is talking utter shite. He played 1 game in the Sunday league for Dynamo star scoring a hattrick, the last being a 90 minute equaliser by lobbing the keeper.

That wouldn't surprise me tbh.

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Could have been a friendly or cup tie against a South side when Lyndon first joined us and played for the 20s rather than a Dynamo Star game of course. 

Or he might just be talking utter shite.

Could have been a friendly or cup tie against a South side when Lyndon first joined us and played for the 20s rather than a Dynamo Star game of course. 
Or he might just be talking utter shite.
Nah, he has a weird chip on his shoulder regarding QoS so I expect he was just talking shite [emoji38]

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Against the YM? I always thought Star only played in the Saturday amateur league and not Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah, he has a weird chip on his shoulder regarding QoS so I expect he was just talking shite emoji38.png

Like half of Dumfries then. Always found it strange that we have so many people who have stayed in the area all their life and have some hatred towards the club. 

Against the YM? I always thought Star only played in the Saturday amateur league and not Sunday. 

Dynamo Star were historically a Sunday team, before going Saturday for the last couple of years of their existence. It may well have been a Saturday amateur game, I thought it was maybe Sunday, but regardless it was 1 game he played scoring 3.

Cancel that, he scored 2 and one was an own goal. It was against Morton thistle

Dynamo Star were historically a Sunday team, before going Saturday for the last couple of years of their existence. It may well have been a Saturday amateur game, I thought it was maybe Sunday, but regardless it was 1 game he played scoring 3.

Started as Emerald Star in 1992. Folded in 2014 after 22 years with Grant Ireland playing through all of them. Sunday League for all but the last 2 seasons I think. I watched them pretty much every week for the first 8 years or so but family life put an end to that.

Not sure when exactly Lyndon put in his appearance? I guess it was probably that final season was it? He would have been 18. He joined Queens in 1 August 2014 the first time.

Oh dear,  accusing other people of talking shite and then getting your "facts"  wrong.

What a fantastic response to the Queens Trust membership drive. Thank you to everyone that has been joining the Trust and also those that have been helping by liking and sharing our posts, sending in photos etc. We are now at over 300 Queens Trust members. Absolutely super! 

There is still time to join to be in our draw and to help support our work. We will close entries for our members draw tonight at midnight and we will then do the draw tomorrow evening.

7BB80D8B-DA1E-4BA5-A0B1-1E3B392264CC.jpeg

Edited by JTulip

Our advertising for members has just helped the club get £2000 for shirt draw entries, season tickets and player sponsorship in time for the start of the new season that it wouldn’t otherwise have had.

You wanted us to stop back when we posted about reaching 120 members saying that people had got the message. Seems like almost 200 people hadn’t.