The Queen of the South thread

I think we have to face the fact that a good championship level player is unlikely to sign for us, especially at this stage of pre-season. Therefore aside from downright luck the only way we can get an edge over our fellow clubs is by finding young gems that we can bring on, getting the best out of Dobbie and finding a player with a flaw and working on that flaw. Lets hope that these players have something to prove and some magic can be worked on them to help them improve. Buchanan may feel like this is one of his last hopes of making an impact at this level. 

AJ was successful with us last time by bringing youth through the ranks. Therefore I have high hopes for Goss and it would be great if we could find one or two other young prospects.

With such a huge club like Falkirk outside this division the Morton fans will be hoping that all the big name players flock to Cappielow.

Edited by BIGdavieT

7 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

Looks like Dykes will be called up for Scotland. Do we get more money for international appearances?

The wording of the announcement definitely suggests we're due additional money on top of the initial fee

" the deal has the potential of being a new club record for us"

You would think theres a good chance an international call up would be one of the things that would mean an extra payment, but its not certain

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

The wording of the announcement definitely suggests we're due additional money on top of the initial fee

" the deal has the potential of being a new club record for us"

You would think theres a good chance an international call up would be one of the things that would mean an extra payment, but its not certain

You would! But looking at Scotland these days if I was the other club I think I would also put a condition in there that Scotland have to be ranked above a certain place for the payment to be made!

2 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:

I think we have to face the fact that a good championship level player is unlikely to sign for us, especially at this stage of pre-season. Therefore aside from downright luck the only way we can get an edge over our fellow clubs is by finding young gems that we can bring on, getting the best out of Dobbie and finding a player with a flaw and working on that flaw. Lets hope that these players have something to prove and some magic can be worked on them to help them improve. Buchanan may feel like this is one of his last hopes of making an impact at this level. 

AJ was successful with us last time by bringing youth through the ranks. Therefore I have high hopes for Goss and it would be great if we could find one or two other young prospects.

Tommy Goss ain't no youngster he is 24, Glad he has been given the chance tho. I watched the reserves last season and he was the only one that looked like he could step up, Glad Wullie Gibson introduced him to Queens.

On that I hope there is a position be it part of the playing squad or within the coaching team for Gibson at Queens this season, He certainly  improved the reserves last season when he was brought in. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

35 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Tommy Goss ain't no youngster he is 24, Glad he has been given the chance tho. I watched the reserves last season and he was the only one that looked like he could step up, Glad Wullie Gibson introduced him to Queens.

On that I hope there is a position be it part of the playing squad or within the coaching team for Gibson at Queens this season, He certainly  improved the reserves last season when he was brought in. 

Tommy is 22, still not a youngster though and a big step up from SOS league to the Championship, best of luck to him.

Tommy is 22, still not a youngster though and a big step up from SOS league to the Championship, best of luck to him.
Work with a boy who played against Dykes when he first arrived here. I couldn't tell you what league it was back then. He plays Sunday League now but even back then it wouldn't have been any higher than SOS football. He said Dykes was absolutely honking. We've watched his progress so hopefully Goss follows a similar path regardless if he's a wee bit older.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, outsider said:

Work with a boy who played against Dykes when he first arrived here. I couldn't tell you what league it was back then. He plays Sunday League now but even back then it wouldn't have been any higher than SOS football. He said Dykes was absolutely honking. We've watched his progress so hopefully Goss follows a similar path regardless if he's a wee bit older.

Lyndon Dykes played a couple of games for Dynamo Star in the Saturday / Sunday Amateur Leagues when he first came over here as a teenager before he registered with Queens. I assume it's one of those games you are referring to? He must have played as some sort of Trialist or they were friendly games as his official registration was not moved from Australia until we applied for International Clearance, both times.

Lyndon Dykes played a couple of games for Dynamo Star in the Saturday / Sunday Amateur Leagues when he first came over here as a teenager before he registered with Queens. I assume it's one of those games you are referring to? He must have played as some sort of Trialist or they were friendly games as his official registration was not moved from Australia until we applied for International Clearance, both times.
It would have been aye.

I like big Buchanan and he seems like a thoroughly decent guy but my god he’s looking rough these days. He used to be a big handsome b*****d when he was with us. 
That's what spending time in Grangemouth does to a man.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
I like big Buchanan and he seems like a thoroughly decent guy but my god he’s looking rough these days. He used to be a big handsome b*****d when he was with us. 

That's what spending time in Grangemouth does to a man.

Mmm, that Grangemouth fresh air 

3DCD7E7F-38B8-49FE-AB97-DC3725C7FB0B.jpeg

Edited by ALOREBURNE

10 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Obviously the entire article is utterly meaningless drivel, but this bit caught my eye

"If it meant that season ticket holders only were allowed in then Palmerston would be perfectly capable of holding our current fan base without anyone missing out.”

I hadn't realised that our entire fan base consisted of season ticket holders.