The Queen of the South thread

Way off the mark.  Naysmith DIDN'T play Dykes and Dobbie as a partnership, that's the big error.    RJC is spot on, read his comments.  Naysmith has admitted as much in the press today.  You missed the point completely.
Whether you want to be pedantic or not, Dykes and Dobbie combined to get all those goals. Had Lyle been "partnered" with Dobbie, we'd never have got as big a return.

Gary naysmith would not know a footballer if he walked in to one .
Poor manager horrible human being .
As for the Sean - Lyndon debate
Sean a good honest player and a gem of a guy
Lyndon potentially could be anything and I think he will be a major figure for Scotland in years to come .
I just Hope queens have a cut of his next move as well
Bit harsh 
I'd say it's extremely harsh. Naysmith always came across as a really nice guy and the fact the players were gutted he was let go speaks volumes. I can only assume lowland star knows him personally to come out with such a comment.

I think we're now seeing some revisionism of Dykes' contribution at Queens, to rival that delivered in the opposite direction regarding Harkins.

He's obviously done great since leaving us, but he really, really wasn't all that when he was at Queens.  He's being seen as a much greater loss now, than he ever was at the time he left us.

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think we're now seeing some revisionism of Dykes' contribution at Queens, to rival that delivered in the opposite direction regarding Harkins.

He's obviously done great since leaving us, but he really, really wasn't all that when he was at Queens.  He's being seen as a much greater loss now, than he ever was at the time he left us.

Not from me you're not. I thought he was a massive loss at the time and said so. If there's revisionism now, and there is, it's from people who couldn't see his worth at the time and have come to realise they were wrong.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

At the age of 23 Dykes had already played at a higher level than O’Connor ever did. Now at 24 he’ll be playing his trade in the second tier of English football which is a very good standard. Add an imminent international call up into the mix as well. 

I liked big Sean O’Connor but Lyndon certainly has more about him hence why he is where he is. 

Did Sean not play for Dundee Utd him and Dobbie got more goals as a partnership than Dykes Dobbie 

Sure we had a better team but everyone did back then. And a scotland or oz caps a bit easier to get than an England 1

They're both excellent pros who follow the managers instructions no one can ask more 

But sheepheid is a legend

37 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not from me you're not. I thought he was a massive loss at the time and said so. 

Yes, fair enough.

In fairness, you were consistently wrong about what he offered Queens for a long time.  You're not one of those Johnny-Come-Latelies.

I didn't like Dykes for a good long while, I was never quiet about that point. By the time he left I was a massive fan and appreciated what a good player he was. I'm pretty sure I said something similar when he left and that if folk can't see how good he is now then they never will.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I didn't like Dykes for a good long while, I was never quiet about that point. By the time he left I was a massive fan and appreciated what a good player he was. I'm pretty sure I said something similar when he left and that if folk can't see how good he is now then they never will.

He might be pretty good now.

He seldom was for us.

I certainly said at the time he was a big loss he was a huge part of the reason dobbie got so many goals that season.
There was a point when I described his as a waste of a wage however that's when he was being played out on the wing certainly not the players fault.
I wish him well and can see him getting a Scotland call up soon

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its remarkable you've done so well in your chosen career, what with your eyes being pasted on.

I've not done particularly well, perhaps owing to discrimination based on my rare eye condition.

I'd look into it if I could.

Truly remarkable that in this revisionist account of Lyndon Dykes and Stephen Dobbie acting as the Shearer and Sutton golden strike partnership of their generation that Queen of the South still contrived to finish *checks notes* 9th in an utter dogshit second tier.

Truly remarkable that in this revisionist account of Lyndon Dykes and Stephen Dobbie acting as the Shearer and Sutton golden strike partnership of their generation that Queen of the South still contrived to finish *checks notes* 9th in an utter dogshit second tier.

That's probably something to do with the rest of our squad being *checks notes* utter shite.

It's lucky we had said pairing or we'd undoubtedly have been relegated.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's probably something to do with the rest of our squad being *checks notes* utter shite.

It's lucky we had said pairing or we'd undoubtedly have been relegated.

The rest of the teams in the division were utter shite, Morton finished in the top half without a single player scoring double figures, donkeys like Gregor Buchanan playing every week and going through three managers in the same season. So this 'oh our forwards were amazing shame the rest of the team were pish' line is yeah clearly bollocks.

The rest of the teams in the division were utter shite, Morton finished in the top half without a single player scoring double figures, donkeys like Gregor Buchanan playing every week and going through three managers in the same season. So this 'oh our forwards were amazing shame the rest of the team were pish' line is yeah clearly bollocks.
It's certainly a common occurrence in this division that a strike pairing scores well over 40 goals between them, especially in sides finishing 9th. It really wasn't any sort of achievement at all...