The Queen of the South thread

Pybus did his job very well at the start of the season in breaking up play and closing down the ball. Probably asked to play more advanced when osman arrived. Would be happy to see him back

Tend to agree with this. Would say he was absolutely rotten after Xmas though

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Its a long time till the Championship starts many things could happen, by then, possible pause of top league then restart you just couldn't make it up.. Players need to have more sense..... 

You Honestly think its only the players that need to have more sense???

The Aberdeen outbreak had one person visit 8 pubs in the area and jumped on a bus and travelled 35 miles to a house party in Montrose, at this said party there was over 30 guests. At the end of the day every human-being has a responsibility to try and give Scotland the best chance of pulling through this.

Next few weeks are massive schools returning full-time means kids mingling and returning to homes where parents, families stay or visit. Its not hard to imagine a huge spike in cases with this alone, never mind the re-opening of pubs etc. 

Its hold your breath time!! but if i was a betting man i would say we will not see a prolonged spell of Scottish football until a cure is found 

Has Joe McKie been announced by QoS 
I believe there are several new players ready to be announced 
manager has been busy
No one has been announced as our manager is still on furlough. I expect he'll have been doing some unofficial 'work' but nothing official will be announced until he is back.

If you've signed McKee you've got a good player. He came to us with a shitebag reputation and whilst it might be true he's not much of a tackler, he has a great passing ability. We had two players next to him in a midfield 3 who would do the dirty work in Hutton and Carswell and it allowed McKee to keep things moving the right way on the ball. He got a ridiculous number of assists for us last year, mainly down to his excellent ability to find Ryan McGeevers head at set peices but he's a smart player who uses the ball well. 

If you can put grafters in midfield he'll link with the attack no problem, I suspect Morton and Falkirk fans will tell you otherwise so it may well be important he's got the right players around him in this division.

Why not ?
furlough covers a good element of wages with 80 percent 
the managers is signing players so he isn’t officially furloughed then? 

He can’t sign anyone officially until off furlough and nothing is ever official until it’s on the clubs website.

7 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

Why not ?

It doesnt matter how much of the wages it covers, it also covers 100% of not being allowed to work.

No one has signed yet. Maybe the manger has been, unofficially, talking to players. Maybe he even has some who've verbally agreed to sign. The club are hardly going to be stupid enough to shout about it in public though

Why not ?

I'll admit I don't know all the ins and outs of the scheme but I'm pretty sure if he signs a player officially when he's furloughed then he's going against 'the rules' and the club would be in bother.
If you've signed McKee you've got a good player. He came to us with a shitebag reputation and whilst it might be true he's not much of a tackler, he has a great passing ability. We had two players next to him in a midfield 3 who would do the dirty work in Hutton and Carswell and it allowed McKee to keep things moving the right way on the ball. He got a ridiculous number of assists for us last year, mainly down to his excellent ability to find Ryan McGeevers head at set peices but he's a smart player who uses the ball well. 
If you can put grafters in midfield he'll link with the attack no problem, I suspect Morton and Falkirk fans will tell you otherwise so it may well be important he's got the right players around him in this division.
That's exactly the kind of player we've been after for years. I rarely take notice of Falkirk fans reviews on players tbh as they seem to hate all of their ex-players [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'll admit I don't know all the ins and outs of the scheme but I'm pretty sure if he signs a player officially when he's furloughed then he's going against 'the rules' and the club would be in bother. That's exactly the kind of player we've been after for years. I rarely take notice of Falkirk fans reviews on players tbh as they seem to hate all of their ex-players emoji38.png

Since 1 July you can work part-time and be paid for those hours while being on furlough the rest of the time. So, if he was off furlough to sign one player, it shouldn’t have taken much time and therefore wouldn’t have cost that much in wages and wouldn’t have broken any rules. 

8 minutes ago, Flash said:

Since 1 July you can work part-time and be paid for those hours while being on furlough the rest of the time. So, if he was off furlough to sign one player, it shouldn’t have taken much time and therefore wouldn’t have cost that much in wages and wouldn’t have broken any rules. 

But theres nothing to suggest that the manager has come off furlough to work part time. Something you'd think the club would "shout about" if it had happened

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

But theres nothing to suggest that the manager has come off furlough to work part time. Something you'd think the club would "shout about" if it had 

What's the managers role in signing a player anyway, he surely doesn't get involved with negotiations or contracts, or does he?

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

But theres nothing to suggest that the manager has come off furlough to work part time. Something you'd think the club would "shout about" if it had happened

I wasn’t suggesting it had happened only that it would be possible to sign a player while still being on furlough for the vast majority of the time without breaking any rules. Maybe if he’d only come off furlough for an hour or two the club would maybe think it wasn’t worth mentioning. Perhaps they would want all the signed players to be announced at once or within a short time period rather than one being announced and the rest a few weeks later. I don’t know. I was only pointing out it could be done without the club necessarily getting into any bother.

41 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

What's the managers role in signing a player anyway, he surely doesn't get involved with negotiations or contracts, or does he?

No idea, to be honest. Maybe he just identifies targets but he must have some involvement.

27 minutes ago, Flash said:

I wasn’t suggesting it had happened only that it would be possible to sign a player while still being on furlough for the vast majority of the time without breaking any rules. Maybe if he’d only come off furlough for an hour or two the club would maybe think it wasn’t worth mentioning. Perhaps they would want all the signed players to be announced at once or within a short time period rather than one being announced and the rest a few weeks later. I don’t know. I was only pointing out it could be done without the club necessarily getting into any bother.

Maybe. But based on the facts that we have, hes still on furlough full time

11 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

From last season we only have Leighfield, Holt & Dobbie there are only another couple from last years first team I would have back that havn't as far as I know been snapped up by other clubs yet CM Dan Pybus (22) & CB Callum Semple (21) too good young prospects that the club could maybe gain financially in future years.🤞

👍⚽

8 hours ago, Dougie Mills said:

He’s pish - feel free to quote me when he someone pays a fee for him.

1 hour ago, Brother Grimm said:

We have most definitely got players signed, Tommy Goss and Dan Pybus both signed.

28 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Don’t worry, he’s gonna make the club a fortune when they sell him on.

Didn't quite say that... But if its true he is signing/signed am happy, I'd be disappointed if AJ isn't trying to bring Semple back too.