The Queen of the South thread

Looking forward to the matches and not too bothered about who we play. Think the matches v QP and Thistle will be attractive and should be entertaining.  Not been on the message board for some time so no idea what the expected set up will be in terms of televised or allowing any supporters in.

Looking forward to the matches and not too bothered about who we play. Think the matches v QP and Thistle will be attractive and should be entertaining.  Not been on the message board for some time so no idea what the expected set up will be in terms of televised or allowing any supporters in.
You know about as much as everyone else then tbh.

First time I've every posted on this thread...Anyway, I have been doing some research and came across https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Universitaire_d'Alger tournament which you won.  Very impressive.  Everyday is a school day.

Question unfortunately is not about  QOTS.  In this tournament you defeated Racing Universitaire d'Alger in the first round (semi).  Does anyone know what colours they play in.

Thanks

ETA - I know their badge is purple & yellow, that doesn't always mean that's there kit colours. 

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

First time I've every posted on this thread...Anyway, I have been doing some research and came across https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_Universitaire_d'Alger tournament which you won.  Very impressive.  Everyday is a school day.

Question unfortunately is not about  QOTS.  In this tournament you defeated Racing Universitaire d'Alger in the first round (semi).  Does anyone know what colours they play in.

Thanks

ETA - I know their badge is purple & yellow, that doesn't always mean that's there kit colours. 

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_universitaire_d'Alger

This French Wikipedia page could suggest blue and white hoops. There will be other posters on here who will have info I’m sure. 

Edited by louisxiv

13 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_universitaire_d'Alger

This French Wikipedia page could suggest blue and white hoops. There will be other posters on here who will have info I’m sure. 

thanks very much, for some reason I never saw that fr page....(or never gave me that option)

Edited by SlipperyP

Looking forward to next week with AJ's rumoured return to work and most likely the start of signing players for the coming season This will again be a massive rebuild but am sure there are plenty quality players out there looking for contracts. From last season we only have Leighfield, Holt & Dobbie there are only another couple from last years first team I would have back that havn't as far as I know been snapped up by other clubs yet CM Dan Pybus (22) & CB Callum Semple (21) too good young prospects that the club could maybe gain financially in future years.  Now the shirt draw has been done the  Betfred cup has been drawn the season is nearly upon us. Really hope by Oct the fans even if its just home fans to start with can get back into stadia to watch.🤞

Support yer Hame team👍⚽

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looking forward to next week with AJ's rumoured return to work and most likely the start of signing players for the coming season This will again be a massive rebuild but am sure there are plenty quality players out there looking for contracts. From last season we only have Leighfield, Holt & Dobbie there are only another couple from last years first team I would have back that havn't as far as I know been snapped up by other clubs yet CM Dan Pybus (22) & CB Callum Semple (21) too good young prospects that the club could maybe gain financially in future years.  Now the shirt draw has been done the  Betfred cup has been drawn the season is nearly upon us. Really hope by Oct the fans even if its just home fans to start with can get back into stadia to watch.🤞

Support yer Hame team👍⚽

Dan Pybus is a terrible footballer all he does is run loads during a game, don't think he can actually pass a football very well

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

thanks very much, for some reason I never saw that fr page....(or never gave me that option)

You're welcome. Quite a few stripy tops in the photos on this link too. Google Translate might help if you're keen to read it!

Also noticed that as well as the purple and yellow badge there's a blue and white version too.

http://cagrenoble.fr/Maurice Faglin/Maurice Faglin.pdf

Edited by louisxiv

15 minutes ago, louisxiv said:

You're welcome. Quite a few stripy tops in the photos on this link too. Google Translate might help if you're keen to read it!

http://cagrenoble.fr/Maurice Faglin/Maurice Faglin.pdf

Cheers, downloaded will def read later.  My research is actually about youth football, before they become internationalist I'm working on France just now. This is the guy i had the interest  at the time https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdelkader_Ben_Bouali, The reason for the strip is/was extra.  You're a champ.

Sorry to disturb your thread. Cheers Loius

Edited by SlipperyP

Dan Pybus is a terrible footballer all he does is run loads during a game, don't think he can actually pass a football very well
Agreed, didn’t rate him at all last season.
This. The only club who'd be stupid enough to pay money for him would be us.

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Support yer Hame team👍⚽

50 minutes ago, the tactician said:

39 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Agreed, didn’t rate him at all last season.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This. The only club who'd be stupid enough to pay money for him would be us.

Strangly enough he was high up in the fans match ratings every week in the first half of the season. I seem to remember reading similar quotes to this a few years ago about Lyndon Dykes.... Now its looking like he is going to make the club a fair bit of money... 

18 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Strangly enough he was high up in the fans match ratings every week in the first half of the season. I seem to remember reading similar quotes to this a few years ago about Lyndon Dykes.... Now its looking like he is going to make the club a fair bit of money... 

He’s pish - feel free to quote me when he someone pays a fee for him.

The first half of the season we were doing ok. No one really overanalyses when a side is doing well. You only notice it when things aren't going well. I never realised how abysmal his passing was early on but because he ran around a lot and looked busy he wasn't going to be criticised, especially when we were winning games.

I wonder if this week will prove the bod done the right thing and let players go . If the Aberdeen 8 and Boli is tip of iceberg and football delayed again it could bust some clubs who are paying wages.
Hope I am wrong but worrying times.
I think bod are correct and I think when we start signing players fans will be happy the way we go with signings

34 minutes ago, lowland star said:

I wonder if this week will prove the bod done the right thing and let players go . If the Aberdeen 8 and Boli is tip of iceberg and football delayed again it could bust some clubs who are paying wages.
Hope I am wrong but worrying times.
I think bod are correct and I think when we start signing players fans will be happy the way we go with signings

Its a long time till the Championship starts many things could happen, by then, possible pause of top league then restart you just couldn't make it up.. Players need to have more sense.....