The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No, and I don't think it would be allowed under League rules. We do however have entrants who are sponsors of another club in this division which would be moderately amusing.

I take it there is also rules about what wording can be used.  I'm just thinking of a couple of businesses I've noticed, car wash place that's called best hand job in town and I'm sure there is a hairdresser called B. Jays. Would they have to alter it if they were in the draw and won or is it just,  you've won and you can put anything you want on?

3 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I take it there is also rules about what wording can be used.  I'm just thinking of a couple of businesses I've noticed, car wash place that's called best hand job in town and I'm sure there is a hairdresser called B. Jays. Would they have to alter it if they were in the draw and won or is it just,  you've won and you can put anything you want on?

There are rules on decency. Sponsor has to be approved by the SPFL.

It was under the SFL and not the SPFL so it was a good few years ago but I recall some club were refused permission to have Black Death Vodka as their sponsor at one point.

There are several individual supporters who have entered the draw. Be interesting to see if any of them win it and choose to leave it blank, or have their own name on there or donate it to charity or something. That's how Barnardo's was on last year's shorts (Ian Hart won it and donated it).

We will need to get the sponsor artwork and name agreed very quickly this year with the shirt awaiting production and the club due to wear it in early October. They normally have twice as long to produce the shirt once the sponsors are known. I imagine we'll probably have to wait longer for replicas but try to get the team kit sorted for the kick off. This is one strange season coming up!

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are rules on decency. Sponsor has to be approved by the SPFL.

It was under the SFL and not the SPFL so it was a good few years ago but I recall some club were refused permission to have Black Death Vodka as their sponsor at one point.

There are several individual supporters who have entered the draw. Be interesting to see if any of them win it and choose to leave it blank, or have their own name on there or donate it to charity or something. That's how Barnardo's was on last year's shorts (Ian Hart won it and donated it).

We will need to get the sponsor artwork and name agreed very quickly this year with the shirt awaiting production and the club due to wear it in early October. They normally have twice as long to produce the shirt once the sponsors are known. I imagine we'll probably have to wait longer for replicas but try to get the team kit sorted for the kick off. This is one strange season coming up!

Thanks for that. 

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

After his second stint with Queens, Gary Oliver is about to start his second with Morton. How'd he do with you guys last term?

Another player that split fans opinions on his day he was good, a little inconsistent, not very strong spent alot of time on the ground and injury prone this & covid put paid to him getting a second season at Queens. Seems a confidence player that prob needs a run in the team to show his true worth this didn't really happen at Queens. Hope he does OK back at Morton for yous except against Queens.. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

1 hour ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

After his second stint with Queens, Gary Oliver is about to start his second with Morton. How'd he do with you guys last term?

He’s absolutely pish. More interested in arguing with referees and trying to draw fouls than contributing anything positive. As he was with us first time round, and as he appeared when he came up against us for Morton.

He’s absolutely pish. More interested in arguing with referees and trying to draw fouls than contributing anything positive. As he was with us first time round, and as he appeared when he came up against us for Morton.

Can’t strike a ball with any power at all

BP taxis will be the front of shirt sponsor for the 20/21 season. Cue all the taxi for AJ jokes...

1st prize- Front of Shirt sponsorship - BP Taxis of Kirkcudbright

2nd prize- Back of shirt sponsorship - Glenmuir Accountancy

3rd prize- Shorts sponsorship -  De-Still Creativ

Well done to all who entered during this difficult time. (161 entrees) 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

BP taxis will be the front of shirt sponsor for the 20/21 season. Cue all the taxi for AJ jokes...

1st prize- Front of Shirt sponsorship - BP Taxis of Kirkcudbright

2nd prize- Back of shirt sponsorship - Glenmuir Accountancy

3rd prize- Shorts sponsorship -  De-Still Creativ

Well done to all who entered during this difficult time. (161 entrees) 
I wonder if it'll be similar to this one.

unnamed%20(2).jpeg

8 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

8 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Another player that split fans opinions on his day he was good, a little inconsistent, not very strong spent alot of time on the ground and injury prone this & covid put paid to him getting a second season at Queens. Seems a confidence player that prob needs a run in the team to show his true worth this didn't really happen at Queens. Hope he does OK back at Morton for yous except against Queens.. 

7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

6 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Can’t strike a ball with any power at all

Thanx guys. My memory of him at Morton is along the lines of Supersouth’s post, , ie Oliver is a trier whose contributions ranged from pretty good to pretty poor. Was hoping he might’ve improved, but heyho.

Sorry, should have been clearer. No it wasn't the official Twitter account. One his his pals had congratulated him on it then took  it down. Maybe just a wind up if they seen the recent posts on here, maybe true but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. 
Have you seen him play much SD? If so what do you make of him? Similar to Lyndon? 
He has signed.

Great to hear there were 161 entrants in the shirt draw last night, which I believe was only down 2 from last year.  A tremendous effort given the circumstances.

We don't have a big support, but what a great bunch the fans we do have are!  I'm a big fan of the shirt draw, one of the best things the club have ever come up with.