The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I had in my head that Burns had just been booked as well, but the reports I've looked at don't confirm this.  

I love the fact that Samson actually blocks the Dundee shot.  Seeing Palmerston like that is kind of bittersweet these days.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Was there not some issue with Burns that he was due to serve a suspension in the league game prior to the cup semi and would have missed the semi if for any reason that league game had been called off?

Edit to add this BBC report of the Dundee game suggests Burns was booked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7281745.stm

58 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So it does.  I'd missed that.  Was he booked immediately before, in conceding the free kick that brought Samson forward?  

Would a second booking and a red card have seen him miss the semi-final I wonder, because he obviously played a big part in that?  

Burns WAS booked in the game (I think you're right MT it was for the foul that led to that incident). If he had been booked again for that incident he'd have missed the semi final, though I have to say whilst agreeing it's a foul, I don't think it was one worthy of a booking anyway.

He had been booked earlier in the run somewhere (think it was Peterhead) so had two bookings going into the semi final so he was the one player walking a suspension tightrope in the semi final.

And yes DD, he was sent off at Livingston in a League game in a midweek game 11 days before the semi final for violent conduct which meant an automatic one game ban at the time in the next competitive match. He served it on the Saturday following away to Stirling Albion in a game that was touch and go for a day or so before due to heavy rain and a potentially waterlogged pitch. If the game had been called off he'd have missed the semi final unless Gordon Chisholm had decided he was important enough to try to rearrange the game for the immediate Tuesday (and Stirling had agreed).

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:
Burns WAS booked in the game (I think you're right MT it was for the foul that led to that incident). If he had been booked again for that incident he'd have missed the semi final, though I have to say whilst agreeing it's a foul, I don't think it was one worthy of a booking anyway.
He had been booked earlier in the run somewhere (think it was Peterhead) so had two bookings going into the semi final so he was the one player walking a suspension tightrope in the semi final.
And yes DD, he was sent off at Livingston in a League game in a midweek game 11 days before the semi final for violent conduct which meant an automatic one game ban at the time in the next competitive match. He served it on the Saturday following away to Stirling Albion in a game that was touch and go for a day or so before due to heavy rain and a potentially waterlogged pitch. If the game had been called off he'd have missed the semi final unless Gordon Chisholm had decided he was important enough to try to rearrange the game for the immediate Tuesday (and Stirling had agreed).

Burns was booked in the 2-0 cup win at Morton.

http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/020208.htm

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

^^^ a certain forward, possibly plying his trade in the Cumbernauld area but possibly not, has been digitally removed from the above photo on the grounds of public decency. 30 seconds after it was taken the young lady had a face resembling a plasterer's radio. 

4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to keep positive this season AJ will have a decent few signing  already lined up just as you say be patience for another couple of weeks  .

I'll give it about 10 minutes into our first game,  or the first misplaced pass, before you revert to "normal" and start predicting doom and gloom.

1 hour ago, lowland star said:

Shirt draw this week . Wonder how many will enter . I think 120-135 which would be be decent considering the time businesses are having . What do others think ?

Hopefully a lot of the entrants for the shirt draw had already submitted their entries before the pandemic brought businesses and the Club to a virtual standstill. It'll be doubtful if many businesses or individuals have added their names to the list in the past 4 months I would have thought. Well done to everyone who has entered anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Hopefully a lot of the entrants for the shirt draw had already submitted their entries before the pandemic brought businesses and the Club to a virtual standstill. It'll be doubtful if many businesses or individuals have added their names to the list in the past 4 months I would have thought. Well done to everyone who has entered anyway. 

There were less than 40 entered before the pandemic arrived. The support from local businesses in the last 2 or 3 weeks at difficult times has been outstanding.

The last time AJ went with a young squad at Palmerston things didn’t turn out so badly eh? I’m not saying I think we’ll do well, this season is about club survival and sustainability. But I do think this will be the most difficult season to predict with so many uncertainties.

As I said before it’s a good idea to take things cautiously as this virus could easily take a turn for the worse. Indeed it already is. There is still EVERY chance there will be no crowds in stadiums this season.

On 31/07/2020 at 02:32, JTulip said:

£10 Adult Trust membership... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253819075856

£5 juniors/seniors/all concessions Trust membership... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252996969388

Other details of how to join the Queens Trust... http://queenstrust.org/?page_id=36

I have just joined the trust. Thanks for all the work you're doing.

1 minute ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:
2 hours ago, BIGdavieT said:
Will away fans be allowed in stadia from September? I recall some things about that in the media over the last few months.

As it stands, yes.

Based on? I havent seen anything to suggest that. All I've seen is a vague suggestiion without detail that some social distanced attendance may be allowed in September. In the first instance that will be season ficket holders I imagine and then home fans if there is capacity left. I would assume we are a bit away from away fans being allowed. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Yeah that’s what I thought. IF fans are allowed at all there has been quite a few suggestions that away fans will not be included initially.

Obviously a disaster for any team facing Falkirk as they are such a HUGE club. [emoji12]