The Queen of the South thread

8 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Out of curiosity, what am I paying £13.99 postage for? Is there a membership pack or something?

There shouldn’t be any postage fee 

9F7DE279-53D8-497D-B335-A8C226225509.jpeg

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Hi Swarley,

I have not had this before and can only think it is because you are abroad that some postage thing has been added. Please if that’s what it is showing do not pay that. Nothing gets sent out. Your name will be added to the members list which will be updated soon for 20/21 and you will be in the draw for queens season tickets.

We can also take payments by PayPal or direct to the Trust bank. Or if you prefer my family has an Australian bank account if that’s where you are and if you  would like to make payment to it I will then transfer money to the Trust account here for you. Please let us know if any of these methods might be suitable. If you or anyone else wins our season ticket draw but can’t make use of the season ticket I am sure we would find someone to purchase it from you so you would get the cash alternative. Thanks. 

On 'That Goal' what I loved most about it was the spread of celebration throughout the terrace. I was away in the top left corner and had no way of knowing if it was going in. Tbh I was praying for it to go out of play. But then from my viewpoint I saw the middle part of the terrace start bouncing and that was the confirmation our side needed that it was actually going in. Incredible scenes that I think will only be topped if we win a game taking us to the Premiership (which I can't see happening any time soon sadly).

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Incredible scenes that I think will only be topped if we win a game taking us to the Premiership (which I can't see happening any time soon sadly).

Even that probably wouldn't match it.

It was that rarest combination of a massive match for us, and an extraordinary goal to seal the result.  An absolutely incredible moment.  It's difficult to conceive of a parallel.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was that rarest combination of a massive match for us, and an extraordinary goal to seal the result.  An absolutely incredible moment.  It's difficult to conceive of a parallel.

Premiership qualification by winning the last game head to head at home to our closest challenger with an 85 yard injury time goal?

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Premiership qualification by winning the last game head to head at home to our closest challenger with an 85 yard injury time goal?

Yes, that's what would be required.

It sounds like a long shot though! (sorry)

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Certainly my favourite Queens memory by a country mile. Trumps the semi and the Nordsjaelland trip.

Edited by louisxiv

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Tell you what, looks like a clear foul just before McCann let's rip... 

Yep, by future Dunfermline legend Paul Burns. Still, Mike McCurry was 'on script' and didnt give it. Would have been a travesty to deny us that moment and there was barely time to restart anyway.

I had in my head that Burns had just been booked as well, but the reports I've looked at don't confirm this.   I love the fact that Samson actually blocks the Dundee shot.  Seeing Palmerston like that is kind of bittersweet these days. 

Was there not some issue with Burns that he was due to serve a suspension in the league game prior to the cup semi and would have missed the semi if for any reason that league game had been called off?

Edit to add this BBC report of the Dundee game suggests Burns was booked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7281745.stm

12 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Was there not some issue with Burns that he was due to serve a suspension in the league game prior to the cup semi and would have missed the semi if for any reason that league game had been called of?

Edit to add this BBC report of the Dundee game suggests Burns was booked.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7281745.stm

So it does.  I'd missed that.  Was he booked immediately before, in conceding the free kick that brought Samson forward?  

Would a second booking and a red card have seen him miss the semi-final I wonder, because he obviously played a big part in that?