The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash
9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have to say I'm the exact opposite. From a fans point of view they aren't too bad but from the club/financial point of view I'd say it couldn't have been much worse tbh.

Hearts, Ayr, Dundee and (if they were near the top) Dunfermline would likely be the biggest away supports at Palmerston.

Alloa and ICT will be the lowest away supports of the season.

We have both the 'smaller support' clubs at home twice. And have the 'higher support' clubs at home once apart from Dundee. But then one of the Dundee games is 26th of December which isn't ideal. A lot of folk like an away day on that date but all the way from Dundee if they aren't doing great in the league? Can't see it being a particularly good crowd. The second one against Dundee is a daft 7.05pm kick off. I don't know if that means it'll be televised by either way the crowd will be effected in a negative way.

I just hope for the club's sake it's opened up by February or they will miss out on the Hearts crowd as well.

Good for us fans, shite for the club IMO.

All the last games of the season are on the Friday night.

All the last games of the season are on the Friday night.
Yeah just saw that in the fixtures thread. The point still stands though, it'll be a shite crowd from Dundee unless they have something to play for.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have to say I'm the exact opposite. From a fans point of view they aren't too bad but from the club/financial point of view I'd say it couldn't have been much worse tbh.

Hearts, Ayr, Dundee and (if they were near the top) Dunfermline would likely be the biggest away supports at Palmerston.

Alloa and ICT will be the lowest away supports of the season.

We have both the 'smaller support' clubs at home twice. And have the 'higher support' clubs at home once apart from Dundee. But then one of the Dundee games is 26th of December which isn't ideal. A lot of folk like an away day on that date but all the way from Dundee if they aren't doing great in the league? Can't see it being a particularly good crowd. The second one against Dundee is a daft 7.05pm kick off. I don't know if that means it'll be televised by either way the crowd will be effected in a negative way.

I just hope for the club's sake it's opened up by February or they will miss out on the Hearts crowd as well.

Good for us fans, shite for the club IMO.

Pretty sure Alloa and ICT will both be bigger than Arbroath to be honest but they will all be below 50 most likely so it's not worth splitting hairs over. To be honest the only decent away gates would be Hearts, Ayr and Dundee and the 2nd Dundee one will likely be screwed by the Friday night thing anyway. And the other one is Boxing Day and we know what Dundee fans are like for moaning it's impossible to travel when there's no public transport!

Hearts are likely boycotting anyway of course but even a boycotting Hearts will likely be our biggest away support.

Wouldn't be surprised if the boxing day game is our worst away support to you lot ever. I know there's been a few good tries at that over the years (Before you all mention it), but I'll be damned if I'm spending 3 hours in a car hungover as hell.

6 minutes ago, JessieField said:

Anybody know if you get a season ticket via the Shirt Draw, does that entitle you to a streaming link for the Queens games? Does the streaming include  Queens away games?

I assume it will entitle you to a streaming link.

It won't include away games. If those are available it will be on an individual match basis bought from the home club I'd presume on the same basis the Premiership are operating from this weekend. And only if the game isn't live on tv anyway. Nothing confirmed about individual games yet but given that's what the Premiership are doing it seems inevitable we'll be the same.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It won't include away games. If those are available it will be on an individual match basis bought from the home club I'd presume on the same basis the Premiership are operating from this weekend. And only if the game isn't live on tv anyway. Nothing confirmed about individual games yet but given that's what the Premiership are doing it seems inevitable we'll be the same.

We will surely have crowds at games come October .

Palmerston is easily big enough and safe enough to have social distance crowds cut the capacity in the stands if need be .

I take it there will be a code on my season ticket to let me stream games if I have to .

Any idea when the Queens shop will be open ?

11 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Palmerston is easily big enough and safe enough to have social distance crowds cut the capacity in the stands if need be .

I take it there will be a code on my season ticket to let me stream games if I have to .

I'm far from certain we'll have crowds in October but we'll have to wait and see. Fundamentally that's down to the Scottish Govt. It's not just about the size of the stadium either, it will be about the access in and out of the ground and specifically stands and the degree of cover, etc. It will for instance be much easier to use the new stand than the old stand.

I have no earthly idea how the live streaming will work. That's over my head but the commitment is that non Junior Blue season ticket holders will get access to it.

No. I don't think it will open before the indoor pitches are allowed unless we've reached September by then, but I'm not in the loop on that decision so don't know for sure.

I’ll be very surprised if we have crowds back by October. Hoping I’m wrong but suspect not.

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I was also wondering about streamed matches being available for away fixtures so that's kinda cleared that up for me.  Probably been asked before but are BetFred Cup games, or any Cup games before crowds are allowed back in, going to be streamed? 

Really good interview with the Chairman.

Staying full time but going with a young squad according to the Chairman 

It is very difficult to work out a budget this season .

I was really surprised that we do have a sell on Dykes him being sold could get us another 2 or 3 players 

16 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

I was really surprised that we do have a sell on Dykes him being sold could get us another 2 or 3 players 

😲 It's almost like they aren't complete idiots after all, eh?

What did he actually say, I haven't seen it? Never mind I've found it online now.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

Does anyone actually get excited about the fixture list coming out? I really don't, maybe because I work shifts so can never plan that far into the future anyways. 

In normal times, not really, but it's always interesting to see the fixtures on key dates like the first and last games of the season.

In current times, yes, because it's another step closer to some sort of normality. 

16 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Still find it hard to believe that some fans thought Queens didn’t have a sell on clause included. 

Think some fans thought Lyndon left when out of contract at end of season, rather than Livi actually signing him from Queens then loaning him back to Queens for the remainder of the season to stop other clubs signing him & Queens adding a sell on clause. The board certainly looked after Queens in that deal. 

On another note the selling of Brownlie & El Bakthaoiu turned out to be a good bit of business the way the season ended.... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH