The Queen of the South thread

15 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Will the walk up price be put up to £20 instead of £18 .

This is the time to do it most clubs seem to doing that but can we do that now that we have set out season ticket prices .

Is it right the fixtures come out this week

Being put up to £22 for adults.

Being put up to £22 for adults.

That's quite the leap. It'll be a harder time financially for the club of course but it'll be worse for a lot of people, potentially losing their jobs. I think it would be a bad move putting it up as much as that given the product on offer tbh. I expect Dougie Mills won't be the only one with that attitude and he can't be criticised for having it IMO. I think more regulars could end up with that view if the side is as bad as last season.

I'm skeptical it'll be such a price if the season ticket is £210 though?

31 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

That's the spirit 🙄

I agree with 19QOS19.. Surely not a 22% increase this season (don't know where that figure came from) when lots of the clubs fans have suffered financially the last few months and are facing the prospect of job losses etc in this very uncertain time. Season ticket price staying pro rata to last season so I would be very surprised if the pay at the gate price went up by as much. 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Guest Flash
23 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's quite the leap. It'll be a harder time financially for the club of course but it'll be worse for a lot of people, potentially losing their jobs. I think it would be a bad move putting it up as much as that given the product on offer tbh. I expect Dougie Mills won't be the only one with that attitude and he can't be criticised for having it IMO. I think more regulars could end up with that view if the side is as bad as last season.

I'm skeptical it'll be such a price if the season ticket is £210 though?

Was thinking that as well. Normally there are two “free” games built into the season ticket price. If we assume 14 home games £18 would mean just over 2 free games. 13 home games would mean just over 1 free game, which looks about right. If it was 14 home games, £22 would mean more than 4 free games.

If it is £22 I wonder if they have taken a bit off the season ticket price for games behind closed doors that are streamed. Maybe the PPV price for streaming won’t be £22. I think if the walk up price is £22 they will be trying to recoup some of the losses from having fewer games with some potentially being behind closed doors.

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

I agree with 19QOS19.. Surely not a 22% increase this season (don't know where that figure came from) when lots of the clubs fans have suffered financially the last few months and are facing the prospect of job losses etc in this very uncertain time. Season ticket price staying pro rata to last season so I would be very surprised if the pay at the gate price went up by as much. 

Depends on how many fans they expect to lose.

1500 fans at £18 = £27000 per match.

1300 fans at £22 = £28600 per match.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Depending on whether we have 13 or 14 home games, season tickets would work out costing £15 or just over £16 per game.  I've long thought that the saving wasn't really significant enough with season tickets, but a leap of over 22% in the walk up price would make the saving huge.

A balance obviously needs struck, but with crowds plummeting, I'd have thought an increase on that scale, given what we generally get to watch, would not be advisable.

I get everyone's point but if the prices are going up by 22% then that must mean we're not making or saving enough money in other areas. I did see there was an anonymous donation of £500 to the tanner fund so well done that person. If for the sake of an extra £4 means we stay full time, stay in the championship and the club doesn't nose dive financially then it's not much to ask. I've bought my season ticket without any hope of making a single game. The product may have been poor the past couple of seasons but an extra £4 twice a month to see Dobbie in his final season is more than worth it. 

4 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

I get everyone's point but if the prices are going up by 22% then that must mean we're not making or saving enough money in other areas. I did see there was an anonymous donation of £500 to the tanner fund so well done that person. If for the sake of an extra £4 means we stay full time, stay in the championship and the club doesn't nose dive financially then it's not much to ask. I've bought my season ticket without any hope of making a single game. The product may have been poor the past couple of seasons but an extra £4 twice a month to see Dobbie in his final season is more than worth it. 

It is these sort of specious arguments that have allowed each club to individually jack up their admission prices to home and therefore away supporters, to the point where attending (dung) football matches becomes a borderline luxury past-time instead of being accessible to all. Every club has got their excuse to do so and if just enough of their fans buy into it then they can make it work for the short-term. Past experience suggests however that these measures fail to resolve the underlying flaws in the club's business model and so they soon try to jack the prices up yet again. That's not a specifically Queen of the South problem: that's a broader 'short-sighted Scottish football clubs' problem. 

No football club in Scottish football should be announcing over the cost of inflation price hikes at the gate while the standard on display is plummeting and the wider economy is hurtling into a huge recession right now. There should be a ticket price cap enforced at every level of the SPFL and there is no good reason for it to exceed £20 in this current Championship. 

Queens Trust update: we are now at a fantastic 207 members. Thank you to everyone that has joined. Hopefully we can reach 250 members before the shirt draw so that we can submit another entry. If you have not yet joined please don’t delay and join today.

Edited by JTulip

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Michael Doyle has signed for Queens Park.

Would have liked him back at Queens but we miss out again .

Other news fixtures out tomorrow at 2pm live on Sky sports 

Who says QoS wanted him, and anyway we prob couldn't afford him same reason he left to go down a league to Falkirk last season.... 💰💰💰

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Content with the way the fixtures have worked out. No Midweek away trip to Inverness which is a bonus and by the time we get the crowds back we'd not have missed any "big" home game. 
https://www.qosfc.com/fixtures
Have to say I'm the exact opposite. From a fans point of view they aren't too bad but from the club/financial point of view I'd say it couldn't have been much worse tbh.

Hearts, Ayr, Dundee and (if they were near the top) Dunfermline would likely be the biggest away supports at Palmerston.

Alloa and ICT will be the lowest away supports of the season.

We have both the 'smaller support' clubs at home twice. And have the 'higher support' clubs at home once apart from Dundee. But then one of the Dundee games is 26th of December which isn't ideal. A lot of folk like an away day on that date but all the way from Dundee if they aren't doing great in the league? Can't see it being a particularly good crowd. The second one against Dundee is a daft 7.05pm kick off. I don't know if that means it'll be televised by either way the crowd will be effected in a negative way.

I just hope for the club's sake it's opened up by February or they will miss out on the Hearts crowd as well.

Good for us fans, shite for the club IMO.