The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Thanks. 

I seen a fan who stays in America has already bought a season ticket to watch the games on the live stream. So if only 3 or 4 games are behind closed doors - that means he's paid £210 to watch only those games? 

The Dumfries born fan living in America purchasing a season ticket is possibly his way of donating money to the club he supports although being thousands of miles away. 👍 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

4 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Thanks. 

I seen a fan who stays in America has already bought a season ticket to watch the games on the live stream. So if only 3 or 4 games are behind closed doors - that means he's paid £210 to watch only those games? 

Not necessarily. Streaming outside the UK has always been allowed, we just didn't have the facilities or demand to make it worthwhile getting them. No idea how or if it might work but its feasible we can continue to stream to non domestic buyers all season.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

29 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not necrdsarily. Streaming outside the UK has always been allowed, we just didnt have the facilities or demand to make it worthwhile getting them. No idea how or if it might work but its feasible we can continue to stream to non domestic buyers all season.

Certainly at Ayr United all home games are streamed abroad , my friend in Spain has a season pass , the only stumbling block I see is it is much cheaper for the pass than it would be to buy a season ticket ( unless they change it this season to reflect season ticket price )

So the streaming next season will be more of a centrally ran thing rather than QOS? If this is the case perhaps there is hope that exiled fans like myself can watch live online all season? A system similar to ifollow in England? I hope and pray!

1 hour ago, BIGdavieT said:

So the streaming next season will be more of a centrally ran thing rather than QOS? If this is the case perhaps there is hope that exiled fans like myself can watch live online all season? A system similar to ifollow in England? I hope and pray!

Not sure if the details are finalised yet. However, as SD said, given everything will be in place to stream closed door games that makes it far more feasible for the club to continue to stream outside the UK once fans return, if there isnt a central system

6 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

The Dumfries born fan living in America purchasing a season ticket is possibly his way of donating money to the club he supports although being thousands of miles away. 👍 

Yeah you're probably right. He did word it like he thought the season ticket would give him access to all the live home games so just wanted to double check before I purchase one myself. 

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not necessarily. Streaming outside the UK has always been allowed, we just didn't have the facilities or demand to make it worthwhile getting them. No idea how or if it might work but its feasible we can continue to stream to non domestic buyers all season.

Thanks for clearing that up. I might just purchase mine and if I only get a handful of games out of it then so be it. 

Out of interest, what would the demand need to be for us to continue streaming all season? 

33 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

Yeah you're probably right. He did word it like he thought the season ticket would give him access to all the live home games so just wanted to double check before I purchase one myself. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I might just purchase mine and if I only get a handful of games out of it then so be it. 

Out of interest, what would the demand need to be for us to continue streaming all season? 

I dont think its as simple as that. Theres a number of other factors, like what tech is installed and how its managed, does it need people to run and, if so, do we have anyone etc

If streaming was to continue it would only be available outside of the UK

12 hours ago, Mr X said:

I dont think its as simple as that. Theres a number of other factors, like what tech is installed and how its managed, does it need people to run and, if so, do we have anyone etc

If streaming was to continue it would only be available outside of the UK

Sounds promising. As you know from my ramblings before, this would be awesome for me if it became reality. 

Despite my attendance being very uncertain for the entire season, bought my season ticket yesterday and set up my tanner fund direct debit.

I would encourage anyone who has the means to do the same! Mon the South!

23 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Now that season tickets are on sale it would be nice to see the club sign a few more players to add to the 3 we have in contract for next season... Sure pre season will start in 4 or 5 weeks.... 

giphy (3).gif

20 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Now that season tickets are on sale it would be nice to see the club sign a few more players to add to the 3 we have in contract for next season... Sure pre season will start in 4 or 5 weeks.... 

No need to hurry and sign players the transfer window is now open till October .

It would be madness to sign players now wait till at least late August early September .

On 12/07/2020 at 09:52, FrankReynolds said:

Thanks. 

I'm pretty sure the SPFL rules on "virtual season tickets" specifically say that they are only available to people who live in the UK, so in theory this fan wouldn't be able to watch any of the games through their season ticket. I assume they could buy a separate package to allow them to watch.

Unless this only applies to the Premiership, but I'm not sure why it would.

Edited by craigkillie

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure the SPFL rules on "virtual season tickets" specifically say that they are only available to people who live in the UK, so in theory this fan wouldn't be able to watch any of the games through their season ticket. I assume they could buy a separate package to allow them to watch.

Unless this only applies to the Premiership, but I'm not sure why it would.

The existing rules already allow for streaming overseas, though. So, worst case, the club can provide an overseas streaming subscription to them in lieu of the season ticket.

54 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

No need to hurry and sign players the transfer window is now open till October .

It would be madness to sign players now wait till at least late August early September .

Better to sign up now with contracts starting on the date pre season starts rather than scrambling for those left

2 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Better to sign up now with contracts starting on the date pre season starts rather than scrambling for those left

Hopefully some have been sounded out already but I doubt there will be a shortage of players in our budget range. One possible problem is a few well heeled non-League sides may be offering deals  we can't compete with. It's already started. 

1 minute ago, Steeplechat said:

We can’t actually sign anyone right now as the manager is to remain on furlough for another month and even then he’s coming back on a part time basis.

Much like the amount of time he spends attending training (allegedly)