The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Only Ashcroft doesn't have a club from that lot. Longridge at Falkirk, Craigen just signed a 3 year deal with Arbroath and Higgy is playing in Kashmir of all places.

Na yer well behind times ther.. 

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Well, he "shouldn't" because he's breaking furlough rules and potentially risking the club getting into trouble with HMRC.

That's not to say he "isn't" of course

https://pfascotland.co.uk/Membership-Benefits/Player-Availability/

"PFA Scotland provides the opportunity for members who find themselves without a club, or out of contract, to make their availability known to any interested clubs.

The list will also be circulated to clubs and managers."

I'm sure managers will be reading these e-mails and having informal chats with players who are available.  "Got a new club - well done mate."  "No joy yet?  Hope things work out for you (makes a furtive entry in notebook, in pencil just in case HMRC kick in the door)."

Looking at an e-mail and having an informal chat with a player should be fine.  If by a happy co-incidence that leads to a director of a club having a chat with the player, and the club eventually offering a contract the club should be OK at our level*.  The end result is an unemployed man moving into work - everybody wins.  

* NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND DO IT OVER THE PHONE SO THERE IS NO CLEAR AUDIT TRAIL 😉

3 minutes ago, Parttimesupporter said:

"PFA Scotland provides the opportunity for members who find themselves without a club, or out of contract, to make their availability known to any interested clubs.

I'm sure managers will be reading these e-mails and having informal chats with players who are available.  "Got a new club - well done mate."  "No joy yet?  Hope things work out for you (makes a furtive entry in notebook, in pencil just in case HMRC kick in the door)."

Looking at an e-mail and having an informal chat with a player should be fine.  If by a happy co-incidence that leads to a director of a club having a chat with the player, and the club eventually offering a contract the club should be OK at our level*.  The end result is an unemployed man moving into work - everybody wins.  

Good job its not legal advice. Checking emails counts as work.

12 hours ago, SueSue said:

Longridge released by Falkirk, Higginbottom looking for a club after his 1 year contract finished in Kashmir and Ashcroft a free agent.

Not quite down the pan as you thought

So 3 players to make up the bulk of our squad? Like you said. 

Still down the pan. 

Guest Flash
11 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

Not really any need for this “advice” as the manager could be working part-time and getting paid for those hours and furloughed the rest of the time. His normal week from 1 July will involve pre-season training, preparing for and attending friendlies, preparing for and attending League Cup games as well as maybe checking on the opposition. Plus other things I’ve not thought of. He won’t be doing any of that just now. The signing of players will be part of his duties, but far from all of them. There is no issue if he gets paid for those hours and is on furlough the rest of the time he would otherwise have been carrying out the other duties.

Edited by Flash

Guest Flash
36 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Not sure if Im allowed to talk about this, but season tickets are now on sale for the reduced season

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5088 - news article

https://store.qosfc.com/202021-season-ticket - direct link

Think the random photo of Reilly on the OS is the second in the 2-0 win v Rangers. In the 3-0, Robinson was in goal for them :lol: plus Reilly ran to the other side of the goal to celebrate.

30 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

If I purchase a season ticket will I have access to all 13/14 games on the live stream? 

22 minutes ago, Mr X said:

As far as anyone knows, at the moment, the live streams will only be for games that are behind closed doors.

Obviously might be different for each club, but St Johnstone are only giving season ticket holders free access to live streams "until crowd restrictions are lifted".

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously might be different for each club, but St Johnstone are only giving season ticket holders free access to live streams "until crowd restrictions are lifted".

I dont actually think it will be different for each club. It's based on clubs not being allowed a crowd. I imagine once crowds are allowed the restriction on live domestic broadcast will return.

15 hours ago, Mr X said:

As far as anyone knows, at the moment, the live streams will only be for games that are behind closed doors.

Thanks. 

I seen a fan who stays in America has already bought a season ticket to watch the games on the live stream. So if only 3 or 4 games are behind closed doors - that means he's paid £210 to watch only those games? 

Thanks. 
I seen a fan who stays in America has already bought a season ticket to watch the games on the live stream. So if only 3 or 4 games are behind closed doors - that means he's paid £210 to watch only those games? 

Yes. Just read the article again and it does say that streaming will only be for closed door games