The Queen of the South thread

11 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Not re-signing last season's squad, Johnston not being able to sign players, and Johnston not picking up a wage from the club would probably be my 3 wishes if I found a genie in a lamp.  This situation can't go on long enough as far as I'm concerned!

If anyone thinks the manager is not talking to players whilst on furlough then their head must be firmly up their arse.

He is being paid 80% of his contracted salary so he is clearly still taking a wage from the club and why shouldn’t he.

I think by the end of July some players will be signed either on a full time or part time contract. So no real worry their. 

I am sure some of the managers ex Dunfermline players out of work will make up the bulk of this seasons squad.

If anyone thinks the manager is not talking to players whilst on furlough then their head must be firmly up their arse.
He is being paid 80% of his contracted salary so he is clearly still taking a wage from the club and why shouldn’t he.
I think by the end of July some players will be signed either on a full time or part time contract. So no real worry their. 

I am sure some of the managers ex Dunfermline players out of work will make up the bulk of this seasons squad.
Well, he "shouldn't" because he's breaking furlough rules and potentially risking the club getting into trouble with HMRC.

That's not to say he "isn't" of course

1 hour ago, SueSue said:

Because they are not good enough or asking for too much money?

or both?

You tell me, you're the one who made the assumption. Which ex Dunfermline players who played under AJ do you think will come and "make up the bulk" of next season's squad? 

2 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

You tell me, you're the one who made the assumption. Which ex Dunfermline players who played under AJ do you think will come and "make up the bulk" of next season's squad? 

You made the assumption they wouldn’t you tell me.

if you want to play silly buggers about it

9 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

For starters, most of them aren't at Dunfermline anymore. 

When I said AJ’ ex Dunfermline players I meant players who played for him but are now free agents.

Ashcroft, Longridge, Craigen, Higginbottom.

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Only Ashcroft doesn't have a club from that lot. Longridge at Falkirk, Craigen just signed a 3 year deal with Arbroath and Higgy is playing in Kashmir of all places.

Edited by Chubbychops

9 minutes ago, SueSue said:

When I said AJ’ ex Dunfermline players I meant players who played for him but are now free agents.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

Only Ashcroft doesn't have a club from that lot. Longridge at Falkirk, Craigen just signed a 3 year deal with Arbroath and Higgy is playing in Kashmir of all places.

Anyone else? 

Because it looks like your theory is down the pan. 

Higginbotham came back from Kashmir months ago and has said he’s got no interest in going back. He’s looking for a club here or down South I believe.

Longridge has also left Falkirk.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Longridge left Falkirk at the end of the season, he's looking for a club.

Mighn't be gospal  but the tea shack gossip from a bloke I work (he has a son who was in the QotS U19 team and I think has played in the 1st team), is that Queens will likely be relying heavily on youth next season.

1 minute ago, FrankReynolds said:

Anyone else? 

Because it looks like your theory is down the pan. 

Longridge released by Falkirk, Higginbottom looking for a club after his 1 year contract finished in Kashmir and Ashcroft a free agent.

Not quite down the pan as you thought