The Queen of the South thread

Would have Hooper back in a heartbeat. 
Tommy has just signed for Stenny, hopefully he keeps improving and ends up us in the near future. 
I see Dalbeattie Star have re-signed Dan Orsi, that boy had bags of potential when he was with us, but sadly was never the same after he broke his leg. 
Out of interest - anyone know who it was that snapped him? 

My recall is that Orsi had a knee ligament injury rather than broke his leg. I’m not aware that anyone “snapped him”.

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

My recall is that Orsi had a knee ligament injury rather than broke his leg. I’m not aware that anyone “snapped him”.

Anything I can see from the time suggests the injury was sustained in a challenge he made. Pretty sure it as an ACL injury.

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I can vaguely remember him getting tackled down by the corner flag and ending up getting carried off in a stretcher. Now you mention the ligament injury it does ring a bell but I'm pretty sure it was caused by a bad tackle, or maybe done his ligaments after landing funny. 

Against Livi maybe? 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Anything I can see from the time suggests the injury was sustained in a challenge he made. Pretty sure it as an ACL injury.

Dan ruptured his cruciate at Stirling Albion in an away game on a Tuesday night a month after my younger son was born so I wasn't at the game and didn't see it personally. My recollection at the time though was also that it happened in a tackle he made as you say. Shame, he had looked a great prospect before it and was very quick. He became a dad last week I saw.

Dan ruptured his cruciate at Stirling Albion in an away game on a Tuesday night a month after my younger son was born so I wasn't at the game and didn't see it personally. My recollection at the time though was also that it happened in a tackle he made as you say. Shame, he had looked a great prospect before it and was very quick. He became a dad last week I saw.

If my memory is correct did we not play them on the Saturday at Palmerston and dan was man of the match then he got done on the Tuesday up there

If my memory is correct did we not play them on the Saturday at Palmerston and dan was man of the match then he got done on the Tuesday up there

I was at the game at Stirling. I don recall there being any concern that he “got done”. Just one of those things from my recall. I think he scored early in that game. Long time ago though [emoji1353]

27 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Yes

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I was at the game at Stirling. I don recall there being any concern that he “got done”. Just one of those things from my recall. I think he scored early in that game. Long time ago though emoji1353.png

And he did score early on in that game and then was stretchered off circa 15 mins in. That goal was his only one for us.

Young local defender Ewan Gourlay that never got much chance at first team football last season (bench warmer) despite good consistent performances in the reserves has signed for Threave Rovers. 

Orsi got motm against an awful Stirling side and was playing well against them in the next game before getting injured. He was rapid and a local lad so folk wanted him to do well. His sides after leaving us speaks volumes though and the reality is he wasn't very good. A nice lad all the same.

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Young local defender Ewan Gourlay that never got much chance at first team football last season (bench warmer) despite good consistent performances in the reserves has signed for Threave Rovers. 

I think your last four  words there explain why he was mainly a bench warmer and good performances in a reserve team that finished bottom?  of the division isn't exactly glowing recommendation of his ability either.  

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Orsi got motm against an awful Stirling side and was playing well against them in the next game before getting injured. He was rapid and a local lad so folk wanted him to do well. His sides after leaving us speaks volumes though and the reality is he wasn't very good. A nice lad all the same.

I don't think that's fair. He may or may not have been a little over-hyped from a handful of appearances before his injury. However he was never the same player afterwards so I don't think you can conclude he "wasn't very good". The injury was a very serious one and clearly had an impact on his career.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

His sides after leaving us speaks volumes though and the reality is he wasn't very good. A nice lad all the same.

His sides after leaving us was down to him concentrating on his bachelors degree. It was more a case of part-time football or no football whilst studying. 

You may think he wasn't very good but before his injury he was very exciting to watch. 

I think if Orsi and Pat Slattery hadn't picked up serious injuries they would have been good players to keep at the Club, Scott Hooper also. I recall Hooper coming back into the team in a Cup match V Hibs and he was excellent that night,  but I doubt if he made many appearances after that,  I doubt if he made it into many squads after that either. Little wonder that some young players get disillusioned. 

I don't think that's fair. He may or may not have been a little over-hyped from a handful of appearances before his injury. However he was never the same player afterwards so I don't think you can conclude he "wasn't very good". The injury was a very serious one and clearly had an impact on his career.
His sides after leaving us was down to him concentrating on his bachelors degree. It was more a case of part-time football or no football whilst studying. 
You may think he wasn't very good but before his injury he was very exciting to watch. 
Meh. The Stirling Albion performances aside he never really stood out in games tbh other than his incredible pace. Even without his injury I doubt he would have been a regular at this level.

31 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Pity that  I thought he might get some time this year with things as they are but he should get regular competitive games now and playing football is best for him

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Meh. The Stirling Albion performances aside he never really stood out in games tbh other than his incredible pace. Even without his injury I doubt he would have been a regular at this level.

Fair enough. The beauty of football forums is different opinions. 

Choose match day posters, choose sponsoring players, youth tournaments, and fixture sign board, choose shirt draw entries and pop up shops, choose rattles and maracas, choose meetings and stalls, choose beach towels and t shirts, choose competitions, tidying Palmerston, half time entertainments, raffles, choose buying shares, choose promoting all things @OfficialQosFC and choose encouraging the next generation of fans.... Choose your Trust! Join today. Only £10/£5 and chance to win one of 4 QOS season tickets.

66702FA6-610C-494C-AB74-ADA85D6FFDF8.jpeg