The Queen of the South thread

‪It has been a really great start to the Queens Trust memberships for 20/21! Lots of renewals, returning members and new members so far! Thank you all. Please don’t forget to also send us in your photos in QOS colours to join our members gallery. ‬

515D0693-2C78-419A-8B53-0E863B84ADE0.jpeg

Spoiler

Brilliant! Got 23. Forgot young Pat played a couple of games. Thought I did well to remember Hopkirk played that season but failed miserably on Slattery.
Minor criticisms. Usually Sporcle will accept just a surname rather than forcing a full name to be typed. Because it needs a full name you then get the question mark over which forename to use. It accepts Dan Carmichael but not Daniel or Danny. Same with Orsi. You need to type Willie for Gibson, not Wullie or William. There are obviously other abbreviations in there but those are the three that have used different versions of their names.

I did select the box bat said “accept last word only” but for some reason it never. Will look into it for next weeks one.

Two people scored 23/24 now, both forgetting the same player [emoji23]

Noticed Queens reserves contracts have all ended on the official site, Is it a case of Wullie Gibson having to start from scratch next season or is it more likely there won't be a reserve league next season. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Noticed Queens reserves contracts have all ended on the official site, Is it a case of Wullie Gibson having to start from scratch next season or is it more likely there won't be a reserve league next season. 

Really can’t see a reserve team next season. Any budget set aside for that must surely go into the first team pot.

On 24/06/2020 at 19:00, DoonhamePod said:

In preparation for Podcast 4, the first one with a member from the 12/13 double winning side, can you name every player to make an appearance for Queens in that memorable season? No one has managed 24/24 just yet...emoji102.png

https://www.sporcle.com/games/finlayjack8/queen-of-the-south-201213

Happy enough with 21. Totally forgot Johnston, Black and Hopkirk. 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Surely AJ has to be talking to players now even if its a case of signing them. On a pre contract type deal not starting till end mid/end Aug. 

He'll be pretty limited to what he can do if he's still furloughed,  doesn't mean he can't put out some feelers for when business can get started again I suppose. I don't think there will be a shortage if players to chose from but we'll again be at the bottom end of the f/t budget scale so I'm not holding my breath expecting marquee signings. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He'll be pretty limited to what he can do if he's still furloughed,  doesn't mean he can't put out some feelers for when business can get started again I suppose. I don't think there will be a shortage if players to chose from but we'll again be at the bottom end of the f/t budget scale so I'm not holding my breath expecting marquee signings. 

Get him off furlough.. 

5 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Get him off furlough.. 

He might very well already be,  I've no idea but tbh I'm not clamouring for news of him making signings cos I've a notion there will be very few surprises at the level of player we can attract. 

Ex Queens player Ian McShane has apparently signed for Darvel Juniors!
They have been throwing a bit of money about over the last couple of years. Brownings the bakers are the backers I believe [emoji848]

Didn’t realise he was only 27 years old. Maybe he’s not the player he was last time around at Queen’s but he would definitely be an upgrade on what midfield players we had last season. Don’t know wether AJ would have been interested or not? [emoji848]

20 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

They have been throwing a bit of money about over the last couple of years. Brownings the bakers are the backers I believe emoji848.png

Didn’t realise he was only 27 years old. Maybe he’s not the player he was last time around at Queen’s but he would definitely be an upgrade on what midfield players we had last season. Don’t know wether AJ would have been interested or not? emoji848.png

Mcshane has gone part time

30 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

They have been throwing a bit of money about over the last couple of years. Brownings the bakers are the backers I believe emoji848.png

Didn’t realise he was only 27 years old. Maybe he’s not the player he was last time around at Queen’s but he would definitely be an upgrade on what midfield players we had last season. Don’t know wether AJ would have been interested or not? emoji848.png

Yep,  looks like McShane has gone where's there's plenty of dough. 

Guest Flash
4 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Callum Antell, Tom Brighton and Stephen (Premier League) Simmons

Looking to upgrade on January’s team, then.