The Queen of the South thread

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Just re-read and noticed the streaming part. I assume/hope the wording is wrong but it reads to me that only ST holders would have access to these games. A massive mistake if that was the case.

Yep only those who purchase season tickets will have access to a live stream. If crowds aren't back at football stadiums by the time the season starts then this is the route most clubs are going down. 

Just re-read and noticed the streaming part. I assume/hope the wording is wrong but it reads to me that only ST holders would have access to these games. A massive mistake if that was the case.

That won’t be the case , as I’m sure single game streaming will be available as well . It would be available to the occasional fan as well as away fans .

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2 minutes ago, ChopperD said:

That won’t be the case , as I’m sure single game streaming will be available as well . It would be available to the occasional fan as well as away fans .

Are the Premiership games not restricted to season ticket holders?

You would hope that they're doing it because of Sky and it wont apply to the other leagues

1 minute ago, ChopperD said:

Didn't realise 19QOS19 said only ST holders. There will be a fee for the occasional fan but I expect it to be close to a normal match day ticket price. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

4 minutes ago, ChopperD said:

I think it's likely to be but it's not not a certainty. The details of the streaming service are still to be ironed out I think but the initial agreement was it would cover season ticket holders I think.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Are the Premiership games not restricted to season ticket holders?

You would hope that they're doing it because of Sky and it wont apply to the other leagues

Again, I don't think details are finalised yet about whether they can include non season tickets holders or not. But certainly initial press comment was worded that it was for season ticket holders.

It's not a bad idea for the club to word it that way regardless I suppose as it may mean a few more buy ST. I can't buy a ST due to work and I expect there are hundreds more in the same boat. I think if it's limited to ST holders only then it could mean an even bigger loss for the club. Hopefully a PPV service is doable.

Guest Flash
34 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, FrankReynolds said:

Is it not part of the deal with Sky?

Eta replied before noticing the thread had continued on a new page :rolleyes:

Edited by Flash

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's a pretty bonkers stipulation I'd have thought, if the idea is to maximise revenue.

Well as others have said, it's related to the fact that exclusive rights to "live UK broadcast" for the SPFL lie with Sky who therefore have to give permission for a relaxation. I'm genuinely not sure where that's at in terms of being allowed beyond season ticket holders. Hopefully it will be. There's no real benefit for Sky in denying that for Saturday 3pm games in the Championship unless there's a prospect of them actually showing live 3pm Saturday games.

40 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Well as others have said, it's related to the fact that exclusive rights to "live UK broadcast" for the SPFL lie with Sky who therefore have to give permission for a relaxation. I'm genuinely not sure where that's at in terms of being allowed beyond season ticket holders. Hopefully it will be. There's no real benefit for Sky in denying that for Saturday 3pm games in the Championship unless there's a prospect of them actually showing live 3pm Saturday games.

None of which makes it any less of a bonkers stipulation.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not a bad idea for the club to word it that way regardless I suppose as it may mean a few more buy ST. I can't buy a ST due to work and I expect there are hundreds more in the same boat. I think if it's limited to ST holders only then it could mean an even bigger loss for the club. Hopefully a PPV service is doable.

I don’t usually buy season tickets either due to work commitments but will be buying one this season. If ever the club needed maximum financial support then it’s now. 

I don’t usually buy season tickets either due to work commitments but will be buying one this season. If ever the club needed maximum financial support then it’s now. 

A nice gesture but I expect not everyone will be in such a fortunate position. I'll gladly pay to watch a stream but I wouldn't buy a ST and end up £60/80 down just to see the games. The club needs support but family comes before football for the majority of people.

17 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I'm the same with the season tickets, work every other weekend so in the past was just a pay on the day fan. 

My work has been unaffected so can make the commitment to buy a season ticket this season. 

Hope though that a way can be found for pay per game customers as it's been a rough ride for lots of fans, as well as the club. Surely barring restrictions or red tape then it's a no brainer to allow it. 

24 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

I'm the same with the season tickets, work every other weekend so in the past was just a pay on the day fan. 

My work has been unaffected so can make the commitment to buy a season ticket this season. 

Hope though that a way can be found for pay per game customers as it's been a rough ride for lots of fans, as well as the club. Surely barring restrictions or red tape then it's a no brainer to allow it. 

If it’s possible then I’m sure Queens will have a PPV scheme but I’m hoping we might actually be allowed into Palmerston by October.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Any new signing we make can they be put straight onto furlough .

Season tickets from last season I think Queens are the only club not to offer refunds ..

I would like to think most fans would not want a refund in fact i think most fans would be happy to pay the same as last season 

34 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

If it’s possible then I’m sure Queens will have a PPV scheme but I’m hoping we might actually be allowed into Palmerston by October.

Well I hope so but think it could be a while longer.  

Had thought that having terracing could be beneficial when getting crowds back, but thinking more I'm not so sure. At least seats stop people wandering or surging if something exciting happens. 

I know, exciting things happening are a rarity. 😄