The Queen of the South thread

Just now, Fitbafollower said:

That could well be the case

i am sure players will become more part time and decide to get jobs 

they would be better off

I was in the middle of posting something similar. I would be very surprised if many full time players at our end of the full time chain actually rely on football wages as their sole income. 

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Shame, he was a decent player when he wasnt injured

I think a fit Osman and McShane would be a decent midfield partnership

A decent midfield partnership if the aim was to build the laziest midfield partnership in the history of football.

58 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

A decent midfield partnership if the aim was to build the laziest midfield partnership in the history of football.

Not as lazy as continuing to peddle the myth that McShane isnt any good. As Fae the briggs said, he'd be a significant upgrade on anything we had last season.

Osman, lazy? Really?

A fit Denny Johnstone would be a terrific partner for Dobbie. Big, physical, pacy, able to finish. Perfect. As close as we could get to Lyndon Dykes without being Lyndon Dykes. Sadly a fit Denny Johnstone was last sighted about 2016. News of him retiring is disappointing but not surprising.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A fit Denny Johnstone would be a terrific partner for Dobbie. Big, physical, pacy, able to finish. Perfect. As close as we could get to Lyndon Dykes without being Lyndon Dykes. 

If he was able to finish, he'd be a million miles from the Queens version of Lyndon Dykes.

10 hours ago, Mr X said:

Not as lazy as continuing to peddle the myth that McShane isnt any good. As Fae the briggs said, he'd be a significant upgrade on anything we had last season.

Osman, lazy? Really?

McShane made 9 appearances in League 1 last season.  Yes I've never rated him, but surely even his biggest backers have to admit his form has fallen off a cliff.

Using last season as any sort of yard stick is absurd as well.  Scott McLaughlin and Stephen Simmons would be a significant upgrade on anything we had last season. 

On 12/06/2020 at 15:08, oldbeforetime said:

Was all for the Tanner fund when it was first mentioned!! but now i have real concerns on how this can work in Dumfries and Galloway.

Covid-19 will have a huge impact on the financial aspect within D&G, many companies are suffering big time which will impact on there employees, looking at the Standard its a crippling blow if Gates make redundancies and also change there shift patterns as many of these workers regular  visit and spend there hard earned cash at Queens. For the next few years people will be having to cut there cloth accordingly and would think Football on a Sat will be the first luxury to go, couple that with the fact a lot of the youth teams that use the Arena are now looking at cost cutting and  potentially not using the arena!! these Dark days might just be enough to break the camels back and send Queens back into the doldrums.

Had a quick look at what fundraising ideas a few other Scottish clubs have been doing during the COVID-19 crisis 

Ayr United - £100,000 AU500 fund raised over the last 3 years. 

Arbroath - £70,000 Buy a Brick scheme 

Raith Rovers - £96,000 

Dunfermline - £50,000 and counting - Support the Pars 

Berwick Rangers - £11,197 gofundme page 

Some outstanding figures here. If they can do it then why can’t we....? 

3 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

McShane made 9 appearances in League 1 last season.  Yes I've never rated him, but surely even his biggest backers have to admit his form has fallen off a cliff.

Using last season as any sort of yard stick is absurd as well.  Scott McLaughlin and Stephen Simmons would be a significant upgrade on anything we had last season. 

I had no idea you had become so respectful of managers decisions

Had a quick look at what fundraising ideas a few other Scottish clubs have been doing during the COVID-19 crisis 

Ayr United - £100,000 AU500 fund raised over the last 3 years. 
Arbroath - £70,000 Buy a Brick scheme 
Raith Rovers - £96,000 
Dunfermline - £50,000 and counting - Support the Pars 
Berwick Rangers - £11,197 gofundme page 

Some outstanding figures here. If they can do it then why can’t we....? 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funding-for-charity-shirt-logo
Not all fund raising goes well look at our local rivals . I think someone has got this badly wrong and the thing that makes me scratch my head is the club are making nothing

On 14/06/2020 at 14:16, SueSue said:

Thought Doyle had signed a two year contract at Falkirk.

expect to see Doyle and Longridge at Queens next season if they have been released.

Looks like we must stay full time apparently part time is a backward step.

We will really have a part time budget with somehow full time players the likes of Doyle etc will be well out of our price range we will end up with a very young squad  

Looks like we must stay full time apparently part time is a backward step.
We will really have a part time budget with somehow full time players the likes of Doyle etc will be well out of our price range we will end up with a very young squad  

How do you know ? Do you have exclusive access to the Queens bank account details ?

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funding-for-charity-shirt-logo
Not all fund raising goes well look at our local rivals . I think someone has got this badly wrong and the thing that makes me scratch my head is the club are making nothing

This has been a disaster for Annan.

£200 of that total comes from committee members.

3 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

How do you know ? Do you have exclusive access to the Queens bank account details ?

It is in today's Standard that we are staying full time and that our budget will be cut for next season .

We have the smallest full time budget in Scotland right now to cut that more will be very difficult this is why we should be part time not a backward step for me 

2 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

It is in today's Standard that we are staying full time and that our budget will be cut for next season .

We have the smallest full time budget in Scotland right now to cut that more will be very difficult this is why we should be part time not a backward step for me 

Of course the budget will be cut, the season is a quarter shorter

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

You sound surprised that the budget will be less. Were you expecting us to come out this pandemic richer? 

The budget being smaller is surely a no shit Sherlock statement. Let’s be honest as a club we won’t be alone in that aspect.