The Queen of the South thread

At the end of the day the agent and Oliver must have been happy enough to sign the contract so that's that he never made the cut off and that's that.
Personally I'm only really disappointed about mercer and Murray both deserved new deals I'd probably have kept osman and pybus as well but that's about it mercer has come on so much and now another club will reap the benifits shame.

At the end of the day the agent and Oliver must have been happy enough to sign the contract so that's that he never made the cut off and that's that.
Personally I'm only really disappointed about mercer and Murray both deserved new deals I'd probably have kept osman and pybus as well but that's about it mercer has come on so much and now another club will reap the benifits shame.
Aye I'd be happy for Mercer to stay. I'm still not convinced we won't see some of them back. I doubt they will be getting snapped up by other clubs any time soon. It'll depend how they feel towards the club in these circumstances I suppose.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 minutes ago, gogs said:

Aye I'd be happy for Mercer to stay. I'm still not convinced we won't see some of them back. I doubt they will be getting snapped up by other clubs any time soon. It'll depend how they feel towards the club in these circumstances I suppose.

I think any of the decent ones amongst them will understand....... I don’t think any out of contract player is in any position not to consider an offer from any club.

I think any of the decent ones amongst them will understand....... I don’t think any out of contract player is in any position not to consider an offer from any club.

I never said they were lol

Before his pandemic brought football to a standstill was there not talk of Livingston (or someone) trying to get Murray on a PCA?  Maybe just speculation though, or in my imagination. 

If they have I’ve a feeling they’ll be disappointed. Nowhere near that level

Aye Murray has shown in spells he's a handy player (and could do better playing off a striker IMO) but he's not even close to one of the best Championship performers just now so he's not ready for the step up just yet.

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Before his pandemic brought football to a standstill was there not talk of Livingston (or someone) trying to get Murray on a PCA?  Maybe just speculation though, or in my imagination. 

Wrong speculation, Livi took Forrest from Ayr to be honest Championship football is probably his level. 

I feel a bit sorry for Murray, he's definitely a talent but his time with us has been too stop/start for him to really progress.  He's never had a consistent run of games to really kick on.  That said he's never really put in strong enough performances to deserve a prolonged run.  The closest he's had to a purple patch for us was probably in the playoffs last year, all against League 1 opposition.  I think he could be a standout at the level below but talk of a move to the Premiership seems fanciful.

Aye Murray has shown in spells he's a handy player (and could do better playing off a striker IMO) but he's not even close to one of the best Championship performers just now so he's not ready for the step up just yet.

I think this, playing off a target man. He’s got a decent strike on him and can make things happen.

Game out wide passes him by the majority of time, doesn’t really have the ability to get by a man or the pace. Which we badly missed after el bakh left. I’d probably take Murray as an option upfront, but if it’s for the wing I think we need to look elsewhere

I feel a bit sorry for Murray, he's definitely a talent but his time with us has been too stop/start for him to really progress.  He's never had a consistent run of games to really kick on.  That said he's never really put in strong enough performances to deserve a prolonged run.  The closest he's had to a purple patch for us was probably in the playoffs last year, all against League 1 opposition.  I think he could be a standout at the level below but talk of a move to the Premiership seems fanciful.

Only 23 so still young with plenty of time to improve. He’d be the first out of contract player I’d offer a deal to, the only player (other than Dobbie) who can make something out of nothing.

Dobbie didn’t begin scoring regularly and causing teams to take note of him until he was 25/26, Murray still has plenty of time (although i doubt he’ll be as good as Dobbie was/is).

Only 23 so still young with plenty of time to improve. He’d be the first out of contract player I’d offer a deal to, the only player (other than Dobbie) who can make something out of nothing.

Dobbie didn’t begin scoring regularly and causing teams to take note of him until he was 25/26, Murray still has plenty of time (although i doubt he’ll be as good as Dobbie was/is).

I do like Murray but I can't say I've ever thought of him as being able to create something out of nothing. In recent times only Harkins and Dobbie have fitted that bill for me. Dobbie always had raw talent, you could see that when he played against us. His issue was he never appeared to be trying. Once he did he reaped the rewards. Murray on the other hand gives it 100% every week. I think he has potential to be a solid enough player but if he goes any higher (if at all) than the top league in this country I'll be really surprised.

I wonder if we'll ever get away from the idea that every striker we sign or whatever needs a target man beside him to play well..

Apart from Dobbie, what other striker has this been said about out of interest?

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I do like Murray but I can't say I've ever thought of him as being able to create something out of nothing. In recent times only Harkins and Dobbie have fitted that bill for me. Dobbie always had raw talent, you could see that when he played against us. His issue was he never appeared to be trying. Once he did he reaped the rewards. Murray on the other hand gives it 100% every week. I think he has potential to be a solid enough player but if he goes any higher (if at all) than the top league in this country I'll be really surprised.

Apart from Dobbie, what other striker has this been said about out of interest?

It's only a few comments up but I'll answer you anyway if you're struggling. 

Murray got mentioned, someone pitched in that he plays better as a striker and then almost immediately after, someone else said he'd play better with a targer man. 

So there, the answer to your question is Murray. 

If you'd like to know who else this has been said about then basically every striker we've had under 6ft. 

It's only a few comments up but I'll answer you anyway if you're struggling. 
Murray got mentioned, someone pitched in that he plays better as a striker and then almost immediately after, someone else said he'd play better with a targer man. 
So there, the answer to your question is Murray. 
If you'd like to know who else this has been said about then basically every striker we've had under 6ft. 
So two players then aye?